Just tried to connect i have a 2gb data plan and cannot connect to the internet via bridge a mobile Hotspot page had came up

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-23-12 10:48 AM
    Just tried to connect i have a 2gb data plan and cannot connect to the internet via bridge a mobile Hotspot page had came up

Are you bridging to your Playbook?
    05-23-12 10:58 AM
    Are you bridging to your Playbook?

Yep just tried to

05-23-12 11:11 AM
    Cant you get around this with the bridge from rroyy.com ??
    05-23-12 11:38 AM
    Wonder how many are going to start with that now? Someone better make a workaround like every platform has.
    05-23-12 12:00 PM
    My bridge between my 9900 and Playbook is working just fine. Go into your setup on the Playbook, then to Internet Tethering and make sure that you are not connected that way.
    05-23-12 12:35 PM
    My bridge between my 9900 and Playbook is working just fine. Go into your setup on the Playbook, then to Internet Tethering and make sure that you are not connected that way.
    Just tested mine and it is also working fine. You must have had the Hotspot turned on because T-Mobile will show a landing page if you try to tether using the Hotspot.
    05-23-12 02:53 PM
    I made a post about this a couple weeks back and no one else encountered it, until now atleast. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...mobile-718320/

Lucky for you i just found something that seems to work 2days ago. Set up internet tethering again but this time use t-mobile uk instead of usa. It worked for me.
    Last edited by itwascasper; 05-23-12 at 05:41 PM.
    05-23-12 05:38 PM
    You don't need to tether, just use bridge.
    05-23-12 05:41 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but bridge doesn't allow the use of internet. When I turn my wifi off and am only connected to bridge I have no internet access period. If I do the same thing with the tethering on everything works fine. I think this is what the op is referring to because i had the same problem with t-mobile. It used to work fine and then one day it just started sending me to that hotspot screen. That being said, if you know of a way to use the internet with only bridge PLEASE do tell because i would LOVE to know how its done.
    05-23-12 05:54 PM
    I don't know about tmobile but bridge works fine on most carriers for internet. As far as I know AT&T is the only one that wants to charge for it and using rroys bridge app get around that.
    05-23-12 05:59 PM
    Is your handset's wifi on?
    05-23-12 06:00 PM
    I thought bridge was just connecting to your phone for bbm and those other things. You mean to tell me that you don’t have to go through the internet tethering setup on the pb for the internet to work? If thats the case I think I need to switch carriers.
    05-23-12 06:03 PM
    Straight from the docs....

"If a Wi-Fi connection is not available while BlackBerry Bridge is connected, applications on your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet can use your BlackBerry smartphone's mobile connection to access the Internet."

It works fine on my T-Mobile account.
    jafobabe likes this.
    05-23-12 06:36 PM
    I thought bridge was just connecting to your phone for bbm and those other things. You mean to tell me that you don�t have to go through the internet tethering setup on the pb for the internet to work? If thats the case I think I need to switch carriers.
    Who's your carrier? Except for AT & T, you should be able to access the internet thru bridge free of charge. However, do not confuse bridge with tethering or hotspot cause they're different.
    05-23-12 07:01 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but bridge doesn't allow the use of internet. When I turn my wifi off and am only connected to bridge I have no internet access period. If I do the same thing with the tethering on everything works fine. I think this is what the op is referring to because i had the same problem with t-mobile. It used to work fine and then one day it just started sending me to that hotspot screen. That being said, if you know of a way to use the internet with only bridge PLEASE do tell because i would LOVE to know how its done.
    With bridge on T-mobile most things work. Web browsing, e-mail with the native clients, most apps that pull data through the web. The only things that I have found so far that don't work are Citrix Client's User Desktop, and App World.
    05-23-12 07:16 PM
    Well i just tried bridge alone and waddaya know it works now. I dunno whats going on because i haven't done anything differently and up to right before my first post it still wasn’t working. Grrr. But thanks everyone for clarifying what exactly it is bridge does. I really thought i had to go through the internet tethering setup, which was also free with tmobile usa at one point.
    05-23-12 07:31 PM
    When I turn off WiFi and turn on Bluetooth only, internet browsing works like a champ, with my BB Torch. Make sure on BB cell WiFi hot spot and WiFi is also off causing everything over the BB cell 3g network. Make sure BB and PB are properly paired via Bluetooth and Bridge is connected.
    05-23-12 07:41 PM
    I also have this same issue as of today 7/31/2013. I can no longer connect to the internet via the bridge on T mobile
    07-31-13 09:34 AM
    I also have this same issue as of today 7/31/2013. I can no longer connect to the internet via the bridge on T mobile
    Delete your bridge app and get it from rroyy.com
    07-31-13 09:48 AM
    Is the app from rroyy.com for the BB10 or earlier? Only see earlier

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 10:05 AM
    Don't forget the blue tooth as well.
    07-31-13 10:12 AM
    Is the app from rroyy.com for the BB10 or earlier? Only see earlier

Posted via CB10
    I thought he had that on there, I don't have BB10 but thought I remembered him doing one for BB10 too?
    07-31-13 10:15 AM
    Bluetooth was on and all connection were working just fine. So it appears now that t mobile is blocking this

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 10:17 AM
    Ok thanks. Maybe I will contact him directly otherwise my PlayBook is definitely useless

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 10:21 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD