I just did the OTA Bridge download and the tablet and my Rogers 9780 running on AT&T work perfectly. They pair up with no problem.

AT&T is not blocking anything!
    04-19-11 11:42 AM
    Check AppWorld. AT&T is most definitely blocking the download of Bridge from AppWorld. Being able to sidestep AT&T's restriction doesn't mean that a restriction isn't in place.
    howarmat likes this.
    04-19-11 11:44 AM
    Definite block from ATT. Hopefully, just an oversight. Probably not however.
    04-19-11 11:46 AM
    It is working now. I can turn off my WiFi and the PB has no problem using my 9780 to access the Internet!

I think AT&T just got caught with their pants down and were not ready for the PB roll out.

I do think they will charge for tethering one day and as long as it does not cost more than a monthly 3G plan, I will pay it! Our, your President has given his blessing to the carriers to charge for bandwidth.
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 04-19-11 at 11:54 AM.
    04-19-11 11:51 AM
    Check AppWorld. AT&T is most definitely blocking the download of Bridge from AppWorld. Being able to sidestep AT&T's restriction doesn't mean that a restriction isn't in place.
    exactly...yes there is a workaround but its still completely shady of ATT/RIM
    04-19-11 11:53 AM
    not shady of RIM at all imo. they produced the app, they put it in app world, everyone else can download it. Stupid decision by AT&t.
    gregerator likes this.
    04-19-11 11:56 AM
    A quote from AT&T, via Engaget: AT&T is working with RIM to make the BlackBerry Bridge app available for AT&T customers. We have just received the app for testing and before it's made available to AT&T customers we want to ensure it delivers a quality experience for our customers.

This is absolute crap. AT&T didn't "review" BlackBerry Messenger. It didn't "review" BlackBerry AppWorld. It didn't "review" BlackBerry Traffic. AT&T is scrambling to figure out how to charge for BlackBerry Bridge.
    04-19-11 11:57 AM
    So does that mean you aren't returning the Playbook?
    04-19-11 12:05 PM
    Hi, I could bridge my AT&T 9800 to the PB just fine, but the Bridge Browser constantly says "connect time out" and could not display any web page. Am I the only one ? Is the bridge browser working for you on AT&T ?
    04-19-11 12:06 PM
    So does that mean you aren't returning the Playbook?
    That is a good question.
    04-19-11 12:08 PM
    not shady of RIM at all imo. they produced the app, they put it in app world, everyone else can download it. Stupid decision by AT&t.
    RIM knew damn well that this was going to be blocked on AT&T, yet they chose to let people who are on AT&T buy the PB first and then find out they can't use Bridge. A bit slimy, imo.

I'm on AT&T, midway through a contract, so my only option is to find an unauthorized workaround and hope that AT&T doesn't start billing me. But first I'd have to buy a PB, so one thing at a time.
    04-19-11 12:13 PM
    Is the bridge browser working?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 12:15 PM
    A quote from AT&T, via Engaget: AT&T is working with RIM to make the BlackBerry Bridge app available for AT&T customers. We have just received the app for testing and before it's made available to AT&T customers we want to ensure it delivers a quality experience for our customers.
    <cough-cough>bull****<cough-cough>

04-19-11 12:18 PM
    It is working now. I can turn off my WiFi and the PB has no problem using my 9780 to access the Internet!

I think AT&T just got caught with their pants down and were not ready for the PB roll out.

I do think they will charge for tethering one day and as long as it does not cost more than a monthly 3G plan, I will pay it! Our, your President has given his blessing to the carriers to charge for bandwidth.
    Question is where did you download the Bridge App for your BlackBerry phone? Was it through the App World?
    04-19-11 12:25 PM
    Is the bridge browser working?

Mine accessed Bing right off the bat but now does not.

Network error which is a AT&T error.

Why would it work and then quit

Contacts and calendar sync up ok but no Internet!
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 04-19-11 at 12:31 PM.
    04-19-11 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD