I have it bridged to 9780 AT&T( unlocked from Bell ).
    Everything seems to work.
    Bridge Browser starts to load then times out.
    Is AT&T blocking this?
    04-19-11 04:57 PM
    please search the forums as this is one of the most popular topics of the day.
    04-19-11 05:00 PM
    AT&T is just blocking the download of the Bridge App from App World... they can't block the Bridge itself (currently).

You can download the Bridge app from outside of App World here:

AT&T BlackBerry Bridge Download | CrackBerry.com
    04-19-11 05:01 PM
    Kevin, I am using the bridge from crackberry link.
    Email everything else works but the bridge browser times out.
    Thanks for input.
    04-19-11 05:13 PM
    Everything works great on my Playbook except the Bridge Browser. It will attempt to load, then a window pops up asking me to save: File name: "Untitled", Save To: "Playbook"

Using T-Mobile.
    04-19-11 05:18 PM
    After 14 years of my business, I'm going to leave AT&T when my contract is up, due to this attempt to double bill with tethering. It costs them nothing extra to allow that support. It's just data and if I go over my plan, then bill me extra as stated on contract.

Although I'm not asking for a mass protest (not that I have the power to do so), I hope others will do the same.
    04-21-11 02:29 PM
    The Bridge browser works fine for me on AT&T. I'm on a Bold 9700 with the standard released software for that phone. I saw that somebody had installed leaked software on there phone and were have the same problem you are having. He installed the AT&T released version and it worked fine.
    pedalshoe likes this.
    04-21-11 03:17 PM
    After 14 years of my business, I'm going to leave AT&T when my contract is up, due to this attempt to double bill with tethering. It costs them nothing extra to allow that support. It's just data and if I go over my plan, then bill me extra as stated on contract.

Although I'm not asking for a mass protest (not that I have the power to do so), I hope others will do the same.
    Tell that to everyone with an unlimited data plan who still has to have a hotspot tethering plan just to hook up to another device and will most likely still stay under their devices 5GB softcap (every other device besides BB-PB). AT&T probably sees this no differently.
    04-21-11 03:20 PM
    My situation may have been addressed already, but I have not found it yet. I have the tethering program (app) on my torch. It works great tethered to my laptop. I am on ATT in Arkansas. I have the torch tethering program on. I have the connection set to Bluetooth, the license is registered, and the status is "waiting for Bluetooth Connection". On the Playbook, it ask for a device to tether to and shows the 9800. Below that it says "No profile selected". When I select the 9800, I go to the next page and it wants me to select a wireless service profile to use to connect. An additional charges may apply warning is right after that. It then wants me to look through the various carriers. There are 2 AT&T carriers listed: Broadband and isp. cingular. I tried both and neither worked. I don't know what to do next.
    Help would be appreciated.
    04-21-11 04:14 PM

Do not leave for this as ALL of the carriers will soon be charging for tethering. It is tethering. You got to admit that you will do the Internet a LOT more with the PB than on your tiny screen on your handheld. The bandwidth has got to be charged for!

There was a reason that we never got all the facts from AT&T before the PB was introduced, now we know why!
    04-21-11 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD