Anyone know if there is a plan to set thing up so we can sync calendars and contacts between Playbook and my Bold 9780 without a third party site like Gmail or Google Calendar (which is not currently working, hence the question).

I want to input the information only once and it go to all my BB devices automatically. I find it astonishing they did not set this up in the first place.
    03-18-13 08:32 AM
    Seems like some cloud solution is your only option to enter once and forget functionality. Other option is to forget calendar on the PlayBook and just bridge it. Then you only have one calendar with no syncing required.
    03-18-13 07:45 PM
    Biggest problem on PlayBook.. Gmail works on BB but not on PlayBook.. Hotmail works on PlayBook but not on BB!!
    03-21-13 07:08 AM
    Biggest problem on PlayBook.. Gmail works on BB but not on PlayBook.. Hotmail works on PlayBook but not on BB!!
    Huh? Gmail, and Google calendar work flawlessly on the playbook, and will have no problem syncing your calendar between both devices.

Posted via CB10
    purple_bb likes this.
    03-21-13 07:30 AM
    Huh? Gmail, and Google calendar work flawlessly on the playbook, and will have no problem syncing your calendar between both devices.

Posted via CB10
    Do I have to setup Gmail Calendar as CalDAV on my PlayBook?

Because I have Gmail setup in accounts and while creating a new calendar entry - I don't have any Gmail option.
    03-21-13 08:00 AM
    Do I have to setup Gmail Calendar as CalDAV on my PlayBook?

Because I have Gmail setup in accounts and while creating a new calendar entry - I don't have any Gmail option.
    There are so many posts on this.... But I'll repeated it since both you and the OPPORTUNITY are new here.

Google doesn't want to play ball with the PlayBook. They are changing their services from ActiveSync (PlayBook default) to IMAP/Dav. The PlayBook supports that too, but it seems that from time to time Google disables something and off goes our syncing capabilities.

So, if you have your calendars added, but can't add entries to the PlayBook, add them on a PC and they will show. Eventually Google will receive-enable whatever it is they disabled and we can keep using it as intended.

Hotmail is a EOL service. Update free to Outlook.Com and you get full sync for both phones and PlayBook.

OP: there is no way to do that, you'll need to use the cloud. Google USED to be the best way to do it.
    03-21-13 08:35 AM
    Google has changed so many things over the past two years and I got sick of them. The don't like bb for some reason. However I set up outlook.com account (free) and sync just works flawlessly on my Torch 9860, Z10, pb and pc. Whichever of the devices I choose to update/add the data on, the other devices are synced within minutes.

I don't promote particular products I just use ones that work for me. Google used to but then again so did my nappies when I needed them things change!
    03-21-13 10:04 AM
    my gmail calendar stopped working on the PB three weeks ago and I have not been able to get ti to re-load.

It worked great in the beginning.
    03-28-13 06:19 AM
    However I set up outlook.com account (free) and sync just works flawlessly on my Torch 9860, Z10, pb and pc. Whichever of the devices I choose to update/add the data on, the other devices are synced within minutes.
    Last time I checked on that, Outlook cal had to be accessed (on PB and Torch) via a browser. Outlook did not speak with the native cal apps.

Anything new that I should know of? I ended up dumping my outlook cal and keeping Google only because it synced so well with the NATIVE device apps, not just the cloud accessed via browser.
    03-28-13 07:35 AM
    Outlook.com works fine with the PlayBook and OS10 phones. On the OS7 phones, Outlook.com only sync contacts and email. With the older phones, you need Office365 enterprise to sync everything over BIS.
    03-28-13 07:51 AM