Hi,

A lot of people seeks a solution how to send their addressbook and/or calendars to PlayBook.

There is several solutions : yahoo & gmail ; already described here several times.

So I write this post to describe an other solution, most of for the people who doesn't want send their private data in the yahoo, gmail... world

Beside of, it's a solution that I use, now, everyday and works well !

I use the project OwnCloud. OwnCloud is framework written in PHP (In fact, it's a website)
    that you can install on your computer (on a personnal server).

OwnCloud provides several cloud services : webdav (files storage), carddav (for addressbook) and caldav (for calendars).

In using some workarounds that I have published on my blog, you can set your accounts on PlayBook and, so, sync your PlayBook with cloud.

The last step is set the carddav & caldav services with your mail clients (thunderbird, evolution...) A lot of clients support carddav & caldav implementation.

At last, your addressbook & calendars stay synchronize without nothing to do

PlayBook on the Cloud way | ProgWeb
    www.progweb.com Git - owncloud.git/summary

Nicolas
    zma15 and Herve5 like this.
    06-14-12 06:09 AM
    Nicklas, will your PlayCloud app work with an OwnCloud server?
    TIA!
    11-11-12 04:09 PM
    Nicklas, will your PlayCloud app work with an OwnCloud server?
    TIA!
    OwnCloud uses WebDAV protocol.

PlayCloud 10 (for BlackBerry 10) implements and supports WebDAV.

Beside of, I use OwnCloud to test my WebDAV implementation.

Some info here :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...review-751557/

Nicolas
    Herve5 likes this.
    11-11-12 04:22 PM
    Only to say, that my workaround for PlayBook works also with BlackBerry 10 dev alpha device

Nicolas
    11-11-12 04:41 PM
    Carddav doesn't work with current Playbook OS and Owncloud. One more reason to get BB10!
    05-18-13 04:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD