I'd like to be able to sync music to my new Playbook from Winamp, but I, for the life of me, have been unable to get the playbook to appear under devices in Winamp.

I've tried side-loading Winamp onto my playbook, but nothing seems to be working.

I'm at a loss here, any suggestions?

I have a 32gb Playbook, latest OS update
    10-27-12 12:15 PM
    I managed to get Media Monkey to see my pb but then things went AWRY. It started moving all of my individual files out of Composer folders and creating a very messy hodgepodge. I was pissed!!!!
    10-27-12 02:20 PM
    I just want to use the Winamp's transcoding. Most of my library is Lossless, so I want it to 128 AAC to cut down the size.
    10-27-12 02:23 PM
    I managed to get Media Monkey to see my pb but then things went AWRY. It started moving all of my individual files out of Composer folders and creating a very messy hodgepodge. I was pissed!!!!
    I'm also an avid Media Monkey user. Perhaps you could expand on the issues you were having. I would be very interested.
    10-27-12 03:04 PM
    I just want to use the Winamp's transcoding. Most of my library is Lossless, so I want it to 128 AAC to cut down the size.
    Obviously, a work around - can't you just do it on a computer and then copy the resulting files to the pb - more steps and probably more tedious! Can you "map a network drive" and will that work?
    10-27-12 03:18 PM
    Obviously, a work around - can't you just do it on a computer and then copy the resulting files to the pb - more steps and probably more tedious! Can you "map a network drive" and will that work?
    If I could get a network drive to show, I wouldn't have this issue, since the PB shows up in Explorer as a network drive.
    10-27-12 03:23 PM
    I'm also an avid Media Monkey user. Perhaps you could expand on the issues you were having. I would be very interested.
    If I recall, I was trying to create ONE HUGE PLAYLIST of all of my pb's music files. I thought that if I had all of the "tunes" in one huge m3u TEXT file, I could then copy out the lines (files) I wanted and create myriad playlists manually afterward. I think it (with my foolish acquiescence) decided to sync (copy/move/who knows what) all of my files into the music's root folder or some such. I have my music (mostly classical) in Folders by Composer and then piece. I watched in horror as all of it was being UNdone before my eyes! Everything was being "synced" out of the subfolders and into just ONE Folder. That's the best I can recall what was occurring.

If you have a method to kind of accomplish what I wanted, I would appreciate hearing about it.

edited to add: what I did/do like about Media Monkey is that it made it easy to spot files that were missing mp3-tag info and correct that. I just don't want a program moving around my files. I prefer to Manually control sync and copy and move and delete.
    Last edited by F2; 10-27-12 at 03:34 PM.
    10-27-12 03:24 PM
    Hoping Dangerousfen might chime back in with suggestions for playlists with media monkey.
    10-30-12 11:08 AM