I have read all the search results and just got more confused.

I just want to sync everything the easiest and least expensive way possible. It appears to use MS Exchange I have to have a BES account. I am presently using Google but am becoming increasingly dissatisfied with them and want to drop them.

How do I get a web browser system, Playbook and phone to sync?

thks in advance
    08-24-12 07:07 PM
    Im having the same issues dude. I can sync the playbook using windows hotmail and get the calendar contact and email but the phone doesn't do this. Its quite aggravating because i know RIM is more than capable of making this happen but they dont because it takes away revenue to by pass BES. Its a shame actually
    08-24-12 07:25 PM
    Right now, my contacts and calendar sync from my google account to my 9780 and PB. I don't know what you mean by "web browser system".

The PlayBook uses ActiveSync, it isn't supported by BES, and i really don't know much about that, but for google, all you have to do is follow the set up for a google account and enable the switches.

On the BlackBerry (sorry, won't provide a pricture), edit your gmail account addy to enable sync of contacts and calendars. It can also be done online (usually by going to <your carrier>.blackberry.com)

You may also want to take a look at this article: http://crackberry.com/how-sync-multi...berry-playbook
    08-24-12 07:49 PM
    Yes for google it does work but a lot of people don't like google email. I myself have hotmail or live as Microsoft calls it which to personally is a better experience. On the playbook, all email accounts that support active sync do work but BB7 phones don't. Thats where the problem lies. BB7 only supports integration for gmail because of IMAP4. Hotmail has yet to support this but does support active sync which RIM hasn't initialized on BB7 devices.
    08-24-12 08:10 PM
    I have Google working ok. However, I want to migrate away from Google.

One would think that if the Playbook is truly enterprise ready, RIM would provide a route for this to happen easily with a number of options.
    08-24-12 08:15 PM
    It does work for Playbook dude. Whose your email provider?
    08-24-12 08:17 PM
    Im not using Google anymore. I use Windows Live and it syncs my contacts, calendar and email on the Playbook. But it won't do it on the phone.
    08-24-12 08:17 PM
    For the PHONE only:
    I had this issue recently. My Windows Live contacts wouldn't sync. There are two ways to fix this:

Easy way:

Remove your Windows Live account and add it again, the wizard will ask you if you want to sync your Contacts and Calendar. Ensure you get confirmation for that and check that you have Wireless Synchronization (see below).

Now so easy way:
    Make sure you have Wireless Synchronization enabled: Home > Contacts > Options > select your Windows Live account.

If you don't see the Wireless Synchronization option, you are going to have to recreate the service book for it:
    Home > Settings > Device > Advanced > Service Book > youremail@hotmail.com [SYNC]
    Delete, and then Undelete.
    That should recreate your contacts sync service, and to confirm you should see the Wireless Synchronization option in your Windows Live account in Contacts.

Now, you might have to do the same for the Calendar by removing and adding the [CICAL] service book for your Windows Live account.

There is one caveat with Windows Live that RIM has not been able to solve due to the sync protocol they use with Windows Live. You won't be able to send email calendar invitations from your phone unless you change the delivery method to IMAP (no push boring ipad way).

EDIT: Windows Live Calendar sync is not supported in BB phones. I know, it sucks.

Good luck!
    snarlybear likes this.
    08-24-12 09:44 PM
    Does it seem strange to you that it is easier to sync with a competitors software than anything else?

I really believe this idea of providing only 'half the answer' mentality for essential and basic program is why the Playbook has not caught on.
    08-25-12 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD