Question for Android Owners

I like the LinkedIn linking to contacts on Playbook - when I enter a contact's email address, if their email is on LinkedIn PB pulls all the LinkedIn data.

Do Android tablets (like Nexus 7) have this capability?
    02-07-14 01:50 PM
    Update on LinkedIn functionality.

Well, the short answer is 'there is not one'

I tried Contact Peek and it is disaster even it was free but they charge you �0.64. Out of my ~800 contact it found 17 cf PlayBook' achievement of nearly 600. Contact Peek finds little from LinkedIn.

Still searching. Any suggestions will be helpful.
    04-06-14 08:29 AM
    The hdmi out for me is number one on the PB. Use it all the time to hdtv for personal video, photos, utubes, and presentations. The separate power input ensures battery life never gets in the way. We develop videos on Mac and download via usb to PB. No quality lost .
    How good is the Slimport for the Nexus 7. 1080p and top quality sound?
    04-06-14 11:01 AM
    "Hackability" is what opens Android up to numerous exploits and vulnerabilities. There are a multitude of mods and hacks for different Android forks that are being installed from untrusted sources. On top of that you have clueless idiots installing pirated Android apps/games and spreading malware in the process.

Android is a just one big bloated mess. Google couldn't give a damn about OS security and privacy as Android is nothing more than a data-mining trojan designed to intercept and track mobile user traffic.
    This post takes top prize for misrepresentation of android, and that takes some doing on crackberry. Android's not perfect and I won't buy another samsung phone, but I love my HTC, and my Sony Xperia Z tablet runs circles around my Playbook in almost every way, as well as giving me 10 inches in the same weight class, and waterproofness (great for showers or emailing friends while doing laps). The PB coulda been a great tablet if the company formerly known as Rim had optimized the OS (why oh why is it so laggy compared to an ipad with half the ram), added a gig of ram, upped the clock speed, and put a few bucks into app development while android was still flailing away in the pre-4.0 stage. It was performance more than anything (and a few crucial apps) that drove me elsewhere to a company that didn't choose to sit back and let the tech world pass it by.
    StampyBeaverbrook likes this.
    04-09-14 11:44 AM
    My husband has a Nexus 7. The only think he hates about it is that he can't stream live tv through the Giddyup network, but I can from my Playbook.

Oh, and the Nexus 7 doesn't have hdmi. So even if he could stream live tv, he can't hook it up easily to a real tv to view on a larger screen. He's always borrowing my Playbook for that or even my Z10.
    04-10-14 08:16 AM
    My husband has a Nexus 7. The only think he hates about it is that he can't stream live tv through the Giddyup network, but I can from my Playbook.

Oh, and the Nexus 7 doesn't have hdmi. So even if he could stream live tv, he can't hook it up easily to a real tv to view on a larger screen. He's always borrowing my Playbook for that or even my Z10.
    I am a fan of the HDMI port on my Playbooks but the Nexus 7 has a SlimPort that works just as well. He will have to buy a SlimPort to HDMI adapter for $10 - $30.
    The Nexus 7 will also use Chromecast and Miracast which, in some ways, is better than an HDMI wired connection.
    Cynycl likes this.
    04-10-14 09:01 AM
    I am a fan of the HDMI port on my Playbooks but the Nexus 7 has a SlimPort that works just as well. He will have to buy a SlimPort to HDMI adapter for $10 - $30.
    The Nexus 7 will also use Chromecast and Miracast which, in some ways, is better than an HDMI wired connection.
    So if he uses Chromecast, he will be able to stream from the Giddyup Network?
    04-11-14 09:33 AM
    This post takes top prize for misrepresentation of android, and that takes some doing on crackberry. Android's not perfect and I won't buy another samsung phone, but I love my HTC, and my Sony Xperia Z tablet runs circles around my Playbook in almost every way, as well as giving me 10 inches in the same weight class, and waterproofness (great for showers or emailing friends while doing laps). The PB coulda been a great tablet if the company formerly known as Rim had optimized the OS (why oh why is it so laggy compared to an ipad with half the ram), added a gig of ram, upped the clock speed, and put a few bucks into app development while android was still flailing away in the pre-4.0 stage. It was performance more than anything (and a few crucial apps) that drove me elsewhere to a company that didn't choose to sit back and let the tech world pass it by.
    Can you elaborate on how you like the Sony Z tablet? I'm really interested in buying that one.

Stay Classy CrackBerry Nation!
    04-12-14 11:08 PM
    I got the Sony Xperia Z tablet and it is really an amazing tablet on its category... the improvements on Z2 are wishes that came true i.e. better display, lighter, faster CPU (@2.3GHz), more RAM (3GB) and latest Android OS (4.4 Kitkat)...

I got also now the Dell Venue Pro 8 64GB 3G... and I believe this is the closet thing you can get with PlayBook experience + a full MS office functions...

Posted via CB10
    Johberry and anon(5597702) like this.
    04-13-14 11:42 PM
    I got the Sony Xperia Z tablet and it is really an amazing tablet on its category... the improvements on Z2 are wishes that came true i.e. better display, lighter, faster CPU (@2.3GHz), more RAM (3GB) and latest Android OS (4.4 Kitkat)...

I got also now the Dell Venue Pro 8 64GB 3G... and I believe this is the closet thing you can get with PlayBook experience + a full MS office functions...

Posted via CB10
    Thank you Joshua,

Does the 10 inch factor seem weird at first compared to only using 7 inch of tablet through the PlayBook?

04-14-14 08:01 AM
    It's not weird at all... in fact, coming from a 7" tablet going to a10" tablet (with an HD screen) is quite a mesmerizing experience... you'll appreciate what you see... it is like seeing an insect on microscope...

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 09:19 PM
    It's not weird at all... in fact, coming from a 7" tablet going to a10" tablet (with an HD screen) is quite a mesmerizing experience... you'll appreciate what you see... it is like seeing an insect on microscope...

Posted via CB10
    I think I'm going to get it, thanks friend

04-14-14 09:22 PM
    Did you get it (Z1 or Z2) and what do you think. I since bought, for my wife though I use it too, a Samsung Galaxy Pro 8.4. It's fast, got a great screen, very light, and perfect size for portability. I find the 7-inch factor too small for comfortable websurfing while 10 inch is a little large for portability. I added a bluetooth keyboard that works well with both tabs, and hook it to my non-smart TV with an MHL adaptor. Oh, I also like how Samsung tweaked Kitkat. Just a really nice tablet for $350.
    07-17-14 08:41 AM
    Not just the Speakers folks, the PlayBook has a better OS and Display than the Nexus...take your Nexus 7 and PlayBook out into the daylight and look at screen brightness and clarity of the PB. The PlayBook has true HDMI and apart from missing some fad Apps is still a powerhouse of a Tablet 3 years on! Just get a cheap Android to satisfy the fad Apps and you'll hardly use it and return to the PlayBook!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    07-17-14 12:18 PM
    the PlayBook has a better OS (...) than the Nexus...
    I think that specific statement is highly debatable...
    Chrysalis1156 and mornhavon like this.
    07-17-14 01:56 PM
    Not just the Speakers folks, the PlayBook has a better OS and Display than the Nexus...take your Nexus 7 and PlayBook out into the daylight and look at screen brightness and clarity of the PB. The PlayBook has true HDMI and apart from missing some fad Apps is still a powerhouse of a Tablet 3 years on! Just get a cheap Android to satisfy the fad Apps and you'll hardly use it and return to the PlayBook!

I guarantee you not even BBRY believes this.
    mornhavon likes this.
    07-17-14 02:13 PM
    This may have been the case in the past, but newer versions of Android - especially Kit Kat - easily rival PB OS in terms of UI smoothness, etc. And don't get me started on Windows 8.1. It's like night and day in terms of compatibility, functionality and performance vs the PB.

RCK
    07-18-14 01:24 AM
    This may have been the case in the past, but newer versions of Android - especially Kit Kat - easily rival PB OS in terms of UI smoothness, etc. And don't get me started on Windows 8.1. It's like night and day in terms of compatibility, functionality and performance vs the PB.

RCK
    Ok, to be fair I was talking Jelly Bean Android OS.

07-18-14 02:11 AM
    And to be fair, PB OS was ahead of its time - a true PC-caliber operating system on a tablet. I was, and still am, a huge fan of QNX from an architectural standpoint. However, when they reneged on their BB10 promise, Blackberry doomed the platform. Now, with its stagnant UI, sluggish/buggy browser, and sea of abandoned 3rd party apps (Files & Folders, et al), it's simply too much of a hassle to use as a daily driver. It's just easier to get stuff done on *any* other platform a the moment. So while I'll always have a warm place in my heart for the PB, I'll never get over the back stabbing that Thorsten delivered to the company's loyal customers.

RCK
    nealjane1 likes this.
    07-18-14 02:54 AM
    I love how I keep seeing people compare the Playbook to a Nexus 7 tablet. The Playbook was designed to be a premium business tablet. Lets not forget how RIM originally priced the Playbook. Of course build quality is better than the Nexus 7. The Nexus 7 was designed by Google to drive down the cost of Android tablets. It is a (very good) budget tablet. It costs something like a quarter of the original Playbook price. There are a few premium Android tablets out there but most people are not willing to spend the money to buy them.
    07-21-14 07:36 AM
45 12