View Poll Results: Have you used the PB swipe gestures on your Torch?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 61.54%
  • No

5 38.46%
  • Almost

0 0%
    Well, in at least one thread, that I remember anyways, I remember talking about accidentally using swipe gestures on your Torch. Some have almost done it, and I posted that I have actually thought about it before doing it. Well, just now, I tried to minimize, then close my browser by using the PB swipe gestures. Has anyone else done this yet?
    04-24-11 10:22 PM
    I was upset today with my bold 9700 until I remembered it doesn't have a touch screen. Bold functions fine when I use the track pad.
    04-24-11 11:02 PM
    No, but I've used Torch touch gesture on my wife's Curve 9300...
    04-25-11 12:34 AM
    Spent a good 10 seconds trying to hit the icon for Bridge on my 9780...(smh)
    04-25-11 12:37 AM
    had a 9800 and lost it the week before PB launch. Back on my 9700, i do find myself occasionally tapping the screen. I'll wait to replace for a bold touch or torch2, the new processors will make a big difference, of course by then Apple and Android will be shipping gazzilion ghz processors and we will only be another year behind.

I think swipe would be tough on a torch, i was always accidently launching apps when pulling my phone from the holster, especially bad with google maps or weather bug which both take a little while to get their network data. Maybe i was swiping without knowing it!
    Last edited by nycspaces.; 04-25-11 at 08:00 AM.
    04-25-11 07:56 AM
    Oh yes, I have done that too on my EX-girlfriends Curve 9300 as well. I felt quite stupid because the first time I did it, I was getting angry at the 'non-responsive' touch screen, until I realized it was her phone, and doesn't have a touch screen.
    04-25-11 08:01 AM
    I have tried it on my Torch and my TomTom GPS receiver.
    04-25-11 08:03 AM
    I keep trying Macbook gestures while in the playbook browser the three finger back gesture would be beauty on this thing
    04-25-11 08:31 AM
    I'm in a bad position, I try to swipe to wake up my Torch, I try to use my PlayBook like my multitouch USB tablet, and I sometimes try to flick to close an app on my computer when I use my USB tablet... I can't wait until this new device settles in...
    04-25-11 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD