Ok, maybe all you Playbook pros knew this already, but i just opened my Playbook at JFK after crossing two timezones. My Playbook bridged to my Bold 9700 and automatically updated the timezone to east coast. Simple but cool feaure.
    07-08-11 03:56 PM
    It also imports your wifi connections saved onto your BB after bridging haha.
    Philldoe likes this.
    07-08-11 04:12 PM
    Ok. That explains why the SkyClub WiFi opened up as a saved connection. i get it. This Bridge feature is way underrated.
    07-08-11 04:25 PM
    It's underrated because it's BlackBerry. If it was Apple, it would have been "magical" and "breathtaking," or perhaps seen as the second coming of Christ.
    07-08-11 04:31 PM
    It's underrated because it's BlackBerry. If it was Apple, it would have been "magical" and "breathtaking," or perhaps seen as the second coming of Christ.
    I lol'd. Sad but true.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-11 05:13 PM
    Can't said it better than yours. LOL
    07-08-11 07:46 PM
    Don't be ridiculous, they got apps for that.
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    07-08-11 07:51 PM
    tell you why, because not all playbook owner (like me) owned BB phones... so, we are not really "overwhelmed" by this exclusive and wonderful function of playbook... unfortunately, not all BB phones owners have playbook... so, even them are not overjoyed with this application... like the 3 guys I've known user of BB phones owned iPad instead...

RIM should also target users like us through common and useful applications...
    mandony likes this.
    07-09-11 03:44 AM
    No BB phone here so I can't enjoy bridge.
    07-09-11 08:20 AM
    tell you why, because not all playbook owner (like me) owned BB phones... so, we are not really "overwhelmed" by this exclusive and wonderful function of playbook... unfortunately, not all BB phones owners have playbook... so, even them are not overjoyed with this application... like the 3 guys I've known user of BB phones owned iPad instead...

I own an older bb that does not support Bridge so I hear you. But with limited time and resources (especially time) I'm beginning to understand RIM's strategy. They had to stem the bleeding of existing bb users to that other tablet. They've also convinced me that I need to upgrade my phone.

But, I agree totally - they need to step up their efforts to attract new customers.
    07-09-11 08:28 AM
    No BB phone here so I can't enjoy bridge.
    well then go get yourself a BB
    gravymonster likes this.
    07-09-11 09:36 AM

Tell you what, when iTunes can integrate with my Playbook or Torch, I'll consider your comment relevant, until then, it is totally irrelevant.
    pwgillam likes this.
    07-09-11 11:58 PM
    it' s quite relevant since we are wondering why this exclusively and wonderful playbook application is not being well appreciated compare to its competitors applications... and this is where "users" comes in... the more user getting benefited with certain application, the more it'll be appreciated... the lesser, regardless it is the best application in the whole wide universe, it will not get the appreciation it deserve...
    07-10-11 06:16 AM
    Tell you what, when iTunes can integrate with my Playbook or Torch, I'll consider your comment relevant, until then, it is totally irrelevant.
    The torch does.
    07-10-11 06:35 AM
    yea that is pretty cool i actually didnt know that i find myself learning something diff on my playbook and constantly telling my girlfriend who bought it for me thanks lol
    07-11-11 10:56 AM
    He's coming? In what time zone will he arrive?
    07-11-11 11:16 AM
    I could not agree more!!! It reminds me of the cover Apple introduced for the iPad2 that put the device to sleep when the cover was on and woke the device when off. Everyone was in awe and completely smitten at this "magical" cover. Big deal. The funny thing is that anyone with a BB phone and holster had this feature for years - we put our BB's in the holster and it would go to sleep, remove and it would wake. No trumpets, no marvel or fanfare but it continues to be ignored as standard BB feature.
    klintoncloud and mandony like this.
    07-11-11 07:08 PM
    Mine does both actually. I use media sync to sync my playbook and BB to itunes, works the same as any ipod or iphone, just has two screens open thats all.

I made a thread for this a week or so ago that describes how I removed the DRM and found the easiest way to buy and use music seamlessly going forward. I hope this helps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...o-best-626495/
    07-11-11 08:00 PM
    please disregard, this was a duplicate of the above posr
    Last edited by NursingNinja; 07-12-11 at 08:01 AM. Reason: duplicate post by accident
    07-11-11 08:35 PM
    Mine does both actually. I use media sync to sync my playbook and BB to itunes, works the same as any ipod or iphone, just has two screens open thats all.

I made a thread for this a week or so ago that describes how I removed the DRM and found the easiest way to buy and use music seamlessly going forward. I hope this helps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...o-best-626495/
    That isn't integration, that is what we refer to as a work around, but thanks for helping me prove my point.
    07-11-11 11:21 PM
    I went to Chicago and back last week. my Bold changed time each way. The PB took four days to change back. Wouldn't let me change it manually.
    07-12-11 12:08 AM
    That isn't integration, that is what we refer to as a work around, but thanks for helping me prove my point.
    I dont honestly see the difference. What were you expecting? Its actually better because it gives you more options on what and how to sync. Do you actually expect it to plug into itunes and then you see a blackberry avatar pop up? Media sync does the exact same thing, its about as integrated as you can be, which is great because it accomplishes the whole purpose of linking with itunes.

Most people cant put words to it because they dont know what it means to create a database, so they chalk it up to the awesome apple and put up with their crap because its easier just to pay the fees.

Media sync lets you use the database functionality of itunes to organizes and bring greater access to your music. Access to music is key, unless you have all your songs memorized or are content to shuffle all the time you need database tools to select segments of your music quickly. The only feature media sync denies you as far as I can tell is the custom genius genre shuffle groups.

Media sync is as close to integration with another brands system as you can get. To prove that Ill show you what a work around to the genius genre looks like, maybe this could help you if its something your missing. Its actually better tbh, but it takes some busy work, if your a music buff like me though its worth it.

One thing the genius genre misses out on is it will ignore songs it doent recognize and duplicate album covers that dont match their pairs perfectly in the "get info" section. That took a long time to fix on my ipod but I eventually got it working. Its a mute point now though. I went through my music collection and redefined my genres to my own liking to keep them simple. I actually used media sync and itunes together to do it because media sync showed me a simple list of my different genres that I could then search in itunes and redefine in mass without having to scroll down the whole list by hand.

I took songs that had a genre of "christian/gospel" and just made them "christian" for example. Once that was done I know have a short list of genres I can shuffle in that dont ignore songs that genius cant see, plus I have more control over it. To do it the database funtionality of two great programs helped. That is a work around.

Media sync is about as integrated as one can be without actually being apple. That is nice for those of us who love itunes but wanted to leave their iphone for a blackberry.
    07-12-11 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD