Anyone else surprised that we have not had any type of formal announcement this week? Given the release of the ipad2, I was near certain that we were going to hear *something* this week....
    03-18-11 03:28 AM
    Short answer: No.

Long answer: Noo.
    03-18-11 03:38 AM
    You might try finding a Apple Blog site. This is the land of the CrackBerry for BlackBerry.
    03-18-11 04:45 AM
    You might try finding a Apple Blog site. This is the land of the CrackBerry for BlackBerry.
    wait a minute give the op a chance its a fair comment
    ipad will be in competion to playbook
    rim couldve done something in way of a pre launch ?
    at the mo there is nothing anywhere to say an actual
    date and they are quite happy with that ?
    i personally cant wait so we can get back on to getting excited about
    the future still so far rumored fones that are coming sometime ?
    03-18-11 04:52 AM
    Not surprised.

I think they really though they could graduate up from the kiddy pool to the adult pool and they are in over their head. Videos, a night club event and now BerryReporter's podcast said they are sponsering a food vendor or food contest or something somewhere.

Wow, really good move there RIM. That's what we have been waiting months to see. Gee we can't wait for the next youtube video.

Wonder how that spec sheet and list of promises is selling on that store shelf next to actual products?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-11 05:20 AM
    Its still friday we do have a few hours left in the working week. I'm not getting my hopes up because next week looks better for an announcement.

03-18-11 05:57 AM
    I'm surprised there is another thread like this......
    03-18-11 06:13 AM
    I'm surprised there is another thread like this......
    I'm surprised there aren't 10 of them.

03-18-11 07:25 AM
    Its still friday we do have a few hours left in the working week. I'm not getting my hopes up because next week looks better for an announcement.
    That's what everyone was saying last week
    03-18-11 07:38 AM
    03-18-11 07:39 AM
    I'm surprised there aren't 10 of them.

I am surprised everyone is not surprised or will be surprised, wait..that made no sense!!!
    03-18-11 07:57 AM
    Short answer: No
    Long answer: Absolutely not. RIM are a bunch of incompetent turds who cannot market a product even if their life depended on it. At this rate the iPad 9 will be out before the PlayBook one... GET IT TOGETHER RIM!!
    03-18-11 08:07 AM
    That is what everyone has been saying for weeks now.

03-18-11 08:27 AM
    No, I think the launch is more likely to be in April than the March 27th rumored date.
    03-18-11 08:45 AM
    As the old saying goes "if you don't have something good to say...say noting at all". Guess this means RIM has nothing good to say about a release date for any of their upcoming products. Let's hope they are just holding back to back a big splash all at once that will enable them to "hog" the tech headlines on launch.
    03-18-11 09:15 AM
    Short answer: No
    Long answer: Absolutely not. RIM are a bunch of incompetent turds who cannot market a product even if their life depended on it. At this rate the iPad 9 will be out before the PlayBook one... GET IT TOGETHER RIM!!
    conversely that just means apple keeps releasing a product for the sake of releasing a product... not necessarily meaning RIM is slow...

ya but i know what you mean hahahah
    03-18-11 09:39 AM
    It's coming April First!
    03-18-11 10:14 AM
    conversely that just means apple keeps releasing a product for the sake of releasing a product... not necessarily meaning RIM is slow...

ya but i know what you mean hahahah
    I disagree there is a thirsty market for dual core tablets so apple had to respond. Motorola likewise.

Given the nature of the market now there is no other explanation than RIM is slow.

The market wants faster phones with more powerful processors and they are all responding. RIM won't even try to compete for months yet, and that's if they stay on schedule with their roadmap.

A big if there.

03-18-11 10:20 AM
    There's a lot ridding on this release for RIM, they need to make sure this is close as to a complete success as possilble. I don't think their reputation can recover if this things flops. Im thinking keeping quiet until everything looks good is the way to go.
    03-18-11 10:31 AM
    There's a lot ridding on this release for RIM, they need to make sure this is close as to a complete success as possilble. I don't think their reputation can recover if this things flops. Im thinking keeping quiet until everything looks good is the way to go.
    You have a very valid point except that they have already admitted this thing won't be finished upon release; the OS "will evolve", "native email is in the first update", "the code goes gold on March 31st so right out of the box it will require an update", etc. (these are all verified comments) So therefore its not going to be "ready" anyway.

03-18-11 10:47 AM
    What are they saying this week??
    03-27-11 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD