03-19-14 06:07 AM
    this was already revealed in this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...months-915712/

granted, it's a few pages deep, but it's in there.. but appreciate the info, and it's nice to have confirmation from a diff source
    03-19-14 06:30 AM
    Wonder how many folks will try to fire up their playbook that has been in a drawer or collecting dust, only to find out it is dead?
    KDB84, Carl Estes and pttptppt like this.
    03-19-14 06:51 AM
    Wonder how many folks will try to fire up their playbook that has been in a drawer or collecting dust, only to find out it is dead?
    None!

The mighty PlayBook will never die!

Seriously though, I doubt there have been many sitting long enough for them to be dead.

Z10 10.2.1.1925
    03-19-14 06:55 AM
    Yay! Flash Update and security patches. That will be all it is people.
    pttptppt likes this.
    03-19-14 11:34 AM
    there is no indication that it will be bb10 at all. There is proof that another 2.1 update is out there though so I would expect some small fixes for the most part
    James Nieves likes this.
    03-19-14 11:51 AM
    Just give me the BB10 browser and updated Android runtime and I reckon 95% of users will be happy.
    03-19-14 03:06 PM
    Id be happy if they can update the browser so i can FINALLY watch youtube vids. it always stops around the 10-15 seconds into the vids even when its fully loaded up
    Skatophilia likes this.
    03-19-14 03:18 PM
    The update will be a 2.1.xxxx version not BB10
    03-19-14 03:20 PM
    The update will be a 2.1.xxxx version not BB10
    They can call it 2.1.xxxx and it could still have some elements of BB10. I doubt it's going to be a full blown BB10. It would be much easier for them to just add certain parts of BB10 and call it 2.1.xxxx.

Or do you know for certain it's just a regular tablet OS update?

Z10 10.2.1.1925
    03-19-14 04:36 PM
    there is no indication that it will be bb10 at all. There is proof that another 2.1 update is out there though so I would expect some small fixes for the most part
    You're probably right but with this new management, who knows what they may decide, in terms of survival strategy, , really hard to tell so all of what remains is speculations at best...

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 04:48 PM
    Id be happy if they can update the browser so i can FINALLY watch youtube vids.
    Buddy, Blackberry hyped and sold Playbooks to Canada's and the UK's police force, couple that with many other businesses.

Blackberry then gave them all a big F you with no software support, I really doubt they are concerned with us consumers wanting to watch Youtube vids, lining the pockets of Google.
    03-19-14 04:56 PM
    Buddy, Blackberry hyped and sold Playbooks to Canada's and the UK's police force, couple that with many other businesses.

Blackberry then gave them all a big F you with no software support, I really doubt they are concerned with us consumers wanting to watch Youtube vids, lining the pockets of Google.
    If they can't make their tablet do a simple thing like playing vids, then they shouldn't even bother making a tablet at all. Even police force has to watch some videos at some point.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 07:05 PM
    If they can't make their tablet do a simple thing like playing vids, then they shouldn't even bother making a tablet at all. Even police force has to watch some videos at some point.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know what YOU'RE talking about, but when I had my playbook it played video's just fine...just not Netflix. and no the cops aren't gonna watch videos during working hours...
    03-19-14 07:58 PM
    I don't know what YOU'RE talking about, but when I had my playbook it played video's just fine...just not Netflix. and no the cops aren't gonna watch videos during working hours...
    Tbey take vids on every stop in some places and may send in where they may go oug to other units for subject ID or apprehension.
    03-19-14 09:15 PM
    updating the keyboard would be nice, too!
    03-19-14 09:24 PM
    We'll see... I expect no more than another minor update to Flash, which may or may not make current Youtube stop complaining about its age, when you using the stock browser (Origami spoofs its user agent string and plays YT videos just fine); but pleasant surprises are always more than welcome.
    03-20-14 02:56 AM
    Just give me the BB10 browser and updated Android runtime and I reckon 95% of users will be happy.
    No, I can bet that there will be people complaining no matter what. That has always been the trend. I would say 50% instead of 95%. Watch and see. =0)

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 03:03 AM
    The tablet can play videos, do you not research a device before you part with your cash?
    BlackBerry PlayBook OS media support - BlackBerry Developer

Also it plays Youtube just fine.

Tbey take vids on every stop in some places and may send in where they may go oug to other units for subject ID or apprehension.
    Sure they do captain cop lol
    03-20-14 07:59 AM
    Sure they take dash cam footage, but they don't stop and whip out a blackberry playbook FFS! Never in my life have I seen that, MAYBE they might pull out a phone to take a quick shot
    03-20-14 05:21 PM
    Sure they take dash cam footage, but they don't stop and whip out a blackberry playbook FFS! Never in my life have I seen that, MAYBE they might pull out a phone to take a quick shot
    Point was not that they used BBPB to take videos but some departments may have issued PB with phone capabilities.
    03-20-14 06:16 PM
    An update to the video player would be nice. Why do I have to buy apps just to play avi files ?
    03-20-14 06:35 PM
    Let the stack charging begin
    03-20-14 07:14 PM
    Id be happy if they can update the browser so i can FINALLY watch youtube vids. it always stops around the 10-15 seconds into the vids even when its fully loaded up
    I would be happy with an updated browser too so it could do some of the basic tasks. Too much hope for a single post.
    03-20-14 07:29 PM
    I think it'll definitely me a security fix for flash. There might be some very minor performance improvements. Lets hope its performance improvements to the runtime and the browser. There won't be any new features, that is almost certain. So we'll still have the same android runtime and the same browser. They could be tweaked is what I'm saying.
    03-20-14 07:53 PM
45 12