So my wife bbms me today (I'm at work) and says a package has arrived in the mail. A Christmas present, apparently (?). She snapped a pic and sent it to me - my sister and her fiancee sent us a 16gb Playbook!!

When it first went on for $199, they managed to get a raincheck at their closest FutureShop. Not wanting to wait, they bought another when they found one. Instead of keeping two for themselves, they sent one to us - completely unexpected because we already exchanged gifts!

This has made my decision on which new phone to get easier also. I had been considering going with an Android phone when I can upgrade in 3 months. No chance of that now!
    Last edited by ShaunS RKC; 01-27-12 at 04:12 PM.
    01-27-12 04:09 PM
    Sounds like you 2 couples are quite close. I hope you'll love using the PB videochat with them. My daughter & I use it a lot. It is a great way to stay in touch.
    01-27-12 04:17 PM
    A great gift is even better when it's unexpected. Enjoy your PB.
    01-27-12 04:28 PM
    wow lucky you for a new PB AND such nice family! LOL
    01-27-12 04:44 PM
    WOW you can call them up via video chat and thank them. What a nice thing to receive as a gift! I can't believe there are couples out there who might leave themselves with only one PB... they'll have 2 soon enough.
    01-27-12 04:52 PM
    Awesome story, thanks for sharing!
    01-27-12 04:58 PM
    So my wife bbms me today (I'm at work) and says a package has arrived in the mail. A Christmas present, apparently (?). She snapped a pic and sent it to me - my sister and her fiancee sent us a 16gb Playbook!!

When it first went on for $199, they managed to get a raincheck at their closest FutureShop. Not wanting to wait, they bought another when they found one. Instead of keeping two for themselves, they sent one to us - completely unexpected because we already exchanged gifts!

This has made my decision on which new phone to get easier also. I had been considering going with an Android phone when I can upgrade in 3 months. No chance of that now!
    OMG!!! Congrats!!
    01-27-12 05:06 PM
    That is so sweet! And a really nice story... thanks for sharing and it has made my hectic week come to a good ending.
    01-27-12 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD