Has any of my CB friends read or heard if the 2.0 os will also feature the suretype feature? I have the Storm2 phone and absolutely love this feature. This has nothing do with the surepress that is on the S2, rather it is the shortcut typing feature. Thanks
    12-24-11 07:24 PM
    No, no Surepress on the playbook as is. The hardware is not build for that.

The Storm2 have 5 censors under the screen that make SurePress possible. (The Storm 1 only one)

I did like the SP too on my previous Storm 2. I learned to do without on my Torch and playbook.
    12-24-11 07:42 PM
    No, no Surepress on the playbook as is. The hardware is not build for that.

The Storm2 have 5 censors under the screen that make SurePress possible. (The Storm 1 only one)

I did like the SP too on my previous Storm 2. I learned to do without on my Torch and playbook.
    OP was asking about sureTYPE not press... different things.

there is no suretype and we have not heard of suretype being implemented in the new bb devices (except torch 9850/60) so i would think this feature would not be included in the new playbook. (suretypes only useful if the keyboard is small and u need to smush together keys -on pb the keys are spread apart enough it doesnt matter that much.
    12-24-11 07:58 PM
    OP was asking about sureTYPE not press... different things.

there is no suretype and we have not heard of suretype being implemented in the new bb devices (except torch 9850/60) so i would think this feature would not be included in the new playbook. (suretypes only useful if the keyboard is small and u need to smush together keys -on pb the keys are spread apart enough it doesnt matter that much.
    Have to disagree with you that its not needed on the PlayBook. SureType would be fantastic in portrait mode on the PlayBook.

Just to bad its not going to happen. I agree with the original poster who said he loves SureType on the Storm 2, I do as well. I wish there were more videos of the SureType keyboard on the Bb 9850/9860 as i was thinking of upgrading to that phone in the New Year.

Mike
    12-24-11 11:57 PM
    If there was one feature on the Storm that would be implemented, is word completion and of course spellcheck as you type. I loved the old Storm for that and even used it on T-Mobile for a while until I bought my Bold 9700. Word completion is still optional on the Bold 6.0 release but rather trivial with a physical keyboard.

Any of the above would be nice to have on the PlayBook.
    12-25-11 01:10 AM
    ive had my 9550 for over a yr now and SureType was take'n off right from the get go and word completion as well. they are OK if you are working with a 'minimized keyboard' rather than a full but even with my chubby fingers i don't have any issues with typing...other than typing to fast for it and it freezing LOL
    12-25-11 01:26 AM
    OP was asking about sureTYPE not press... different things....
    You're right!
    12-25-11 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD