Worked through many pages in this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-here-747996/

Here's a summary of interesting things - bugs, problems, differences, goodies up to post 600. Also my own experience combined with user reports
    ... at least I try to summarize. Dont post here, as this splits discussion. Contunue on the thread I referred to.

Note: a good idea for all who want to update - do this before updating to 2.1:
    Need to update bridge app (on the phone I guess) before using new bridge features!
    Need to backup before update!!
    Maybe best to wipe and then update, then restore. Less update issues then
    After Update, perform at least another reboot (total 2), or more before using the PB

The list of things worth to mention on 2.1

new features, new behaviour

• browser faster, less checkerboarding when scrolling down (not for all people though)
    • portrait mode for emails/messages, contacts, calender
    • multiple android app windows instead of all in one
    • SMS via bridge (send + receive)
    • less memory demand
    • videos on NFL.com now play
    • android apps smoother, more reliable run, load quicker
    • new: encrypt files
    • Reboot faster, boot time 2:30 (64GB), 1:53 (16GB) (not for all people though)
    • duplicate email sent (exchange) is now resolved
    • multiplying email folders across weeks in Exchange ActiveSync accounts is now resolved, better stability in push connection (new entry)
    • duplicate email sent (exchange) is now resolved
    • IMAP better folder support now
    • multiplying calenders across weeks in Exchange ActiveSync accounts is now resolved, better stability in sync (new entry)
    • wifi sharing better performance
    • Better Bluetooth (bridge?) conn speed and range?
    • Bing Maps work through Bridge again, not only Wifi
    • Wifi more stable than before (new entry)

problems that can be solved

• CB forums APP doesn't run -> contradicted: android runs, reboot helps
    • 20 android apps wont work anymore, solution: after 1 or 2 reboots and system calm down they work normal
    • repopulation synced emails and calender takes a while after update
    • calender not synced after update, after re-setup of accounts worked
    • IMAP additional folders empty: enable sync on each of them
    • tiny bird needed reinstall to work
    • Google email/calender/contacts: need to resync or reconfigure, cause Goolge thinks OS2.1 is a different device
    • people with lost contacts can sometimes not even add new contacts. Wipe and start from fresh?
    • Bridge SMS feature - continuously spinning "busy" circle that never goes away. User quote "I had that one and was only able to resolve it by deleting all of my current SMS conversastions and starting fresh." (meanwhile issue came back to user - no permanent solution?)

issues reported by at least some posters

• wiped out local emails after update. no backup no hope
    • local calender and contacts lost with update. no hope even with backup
    • Last sent SMS from phone wont show on PB
    • No MMS on bridge
    • !!!only primary calenders, no shared ones can be set up now
    • issues to sync or re-setup for some company exchange server environments
    • Camera does not save pictures in correct folders
    • monthly calender shows blank page for some users (if month view is not set as default)
    • deleting many emails at once crashes app
    • !!! Serious issue? Folders in App tray/App dock: "I put them all in a folder and into the empty app tray. Whoosh. Gone" (post 466+474, 506). Healing only by Wiping?
    • Browser less reliable, sudden end while browsing (new entry)
      ... Facebook ...
    • !!!FB birthdays no longer in calendar
    • !!!facebook birthday reminders gone despite sync
    • !!!in fb app, going into Messages crashes the app (new entry)
    • facebook app photo selection- User Quote "go to a friends page and into one of their photo albums. Now try to select a random photo. Does not work - always loads the FIRST photo of the album no matter which one you select. The only way to get to other photo's is to load the first in the album, and move one at a time to the one you want to see. No known fix."

under discussion if it's a real issue

• instagramm android crashes when using the Camera
    • no led blink on new msg
    • maybe no charging via USB anymore (under discussion, if it ever worked on all scenarios)
    • twitter crashes the browser
    • Keyboard slowdown in Browser, maybe related to word correction/prediction (new entry)

other

• side load still works
    • 3% batt loss in 30 minutes, 4% in 65 minutes, some say "longer batt life", some say the opposite.
    • no BBM groups on bridge yet, on the wishlist for the next version?
    • PodCat App now doesn't unexpectedly rotate into portrait mode anymore (new entry)

Cheers, Ray
    Last edited by ryacht; 10-09-12 at 09:58 AM.
    baloo56, kjm2010, jazucco and 30 others like this.
    10-03-12 05:03 PM
    Now, again, DON'T POST HERE to continue!!!! Go to the other thread and add to it.

You can like or thank me, if you want. Or give me hint on obvious mistakes I made in the summary.

Thank you for listening.

Ray
    tprime, tstrike34 and bb624 like this.
    10-03-12 05:07 PM
    Here are a couple of corrections of 2 obvious mistakes on your list:

1. Bing Maps works fine.
    2. Twitter works fine.
    BB_Bmore and ryacht like this.
    10-03-12 05:11 PM
    You forgot to mention, Some reports that Camera does not save pictures in correct folders etc.
    10-03-12 05:24 PM
    maybe no charging via USB anymore
    Since getting the playbook, USB did not generate sufficient power to charge the playbook and my main computer was an ASUS gaming laptop. I think this is a non-issue.

Here is the official BB information on how the playbook is to be charged:
    Charge your tablet - User Guide - BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet - 2.0

Here is official BB stance on USB charging attempts:
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...1882751_11.jsp
    10-03-12 05:40 PM
    My playbook runs like a bag of $hite since this update, very angry :-(. The month view on the calendar is missing totally blank and I click on a day in week view and it shows a totally different one....touch screen response is terrible and keyboard is so laggy, stupid update. anyone else having similar problems???
    10-03-12 05:45 PM
    The charging works, even though it says it doesn't. It charges at a dreadful speed though, it'll probably take a whole day to charge the PB. I believe it's only trickling 0.5 A
    10-03-12 05:47 PM
    My led blinks just fine.
    10-03-12 06:02 PM
    Twitter is not working for me either and wasn't in the beta as well. ...just because Twitter may be working for some people individually (PatrickMJS) do not make broad assertions that the summary is obviously incorrect. It serves no one in having the issue fixed in the future with the bury the head in the sand approach.

Edit�Problem solved: Did a security wipe and reloaded the 2.1 update. Everything is working great now.
    Last edited by theregdunlop; 10-03-12 at 09:52 PM.
    victoriavictor likes this.
    10-03-12 06:04 PM
    also fixed send email issue with active sync where it would send more than once and mark email unsent.

great thread...saves reading 30pages of a lot of nonsense

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-03-12 06:17 PM
    Since getting the playbook, USB did not generate sufficient power to charge the playbook and my main computer was an ASUS gaming laptop. I think this is a non-issue.

Here is the official BB information on how the playbook is to be charged:

Here is official BB stance on USB charging attempts:
    I've charged mine on the computer several times on standby with no issue. I don't understand why it says you can't charge it with USB. It's not like you have a choice if it starts to charge when you plug it in to transfer files, etc.
    10-03-12 06:41 PM
    I must be the luckiest guy on the face of the Earth. Two PlayBook's updated and running like butter. I've combed through both thoroughly and can't find any of the above issues. Good luck to all who were unfortunate enough to run into what seems like a mountain of issues.
    mzceetee, ksean007 and Uncle Remus like this.
    10-03-12 09:12 PM
    I must be the luckiest guy on the face of the Earth. Two PlayBook's updated and running like butter. I've combed through both thoroughly and can't find any of the above issues. Good luck to all who were unfortunate enough to run into what seems like a mountain of issues.
    +1 on that it was nice n easy no problems.
    10-03-12 09:54 PM

Same here. Are some folks upgrading from the beta I wonder? Can you even do that?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    10-03-12 10:05 PM
    Thanks you thank you thank you! I hate the useless threads about an os update where the op does not summarize the findings in the first post. Wading through hundreds of posts is a waste of time. Now the only thing is to sift the wheat from the chaff.
    Last edited by cathulu15; 10-03-12 at 10:09 PM.
    10-03-12 10:05 PM
    To keep this thread short and on-topic:

DO NOT POST HERE

except corrections to the original post. Post here instead.
    bbmtna and pmccartney like this.
    10-03-12 10:14 PM
    Same here. Are some folks upgrading from the beta I wonder? Can you even do that?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    I updated from the. 840 beta this am, and it went beautifully. No real issues, and seems to be running smoother.
    mzceetee likes this.
    10-03-12 10:47 PM
    Twitter does not crash the browser on my playbook
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-03-12 10:53 PM
    Well thats make me the luckiest gal..I don't have any of the issues as above..My Playbook updated without any issues and none to be found ... Good luck to those ran into them hope everything iron it self out....
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    10-04-12 12:23 AM
    People really should thank you !

I started reading that thread when it had only 3 posts, and after a few hours, found myself browsing through 300+ posts and today, found almost 600(haven't read them yet, since i already have 2.1 running and now i just post bugs)!

Is this updated?

You could do this : " This is what i found untill post X"
    10-04-12 01:05 AM
    Is this updated?
    Well, tough job. I try to read more posts within 3-4 days and then stop to add to the list. No promise though. It's just too many (Not critizising the flood, very many are valuable).

I grouped my Open Post to make it clearer.

You could do this : " This is what i found untill post X"
    Did that.

And thanks for corrections. If somebody sees a big new feature/issue coming up in the other thread, please notify here, maybe with some post numbers. Makes it easier

Ray
    Last edited by ryacht; 10-04-12 at 02:58 AM.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    10-04-12 02:45 AM
    I only said that because ppl are posting like crazy animals...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-04-12 06:37 AM
    @ ryacht, thanks for the post. It's very helpful to so many.

One thing I want to possibly correct. You wrote in section "issues reported by at least some posters"..."!no BBM groups on bridge".

I just want to say that there never has been BBM Groups available when bridged. It is something that's on our wishlist but we will see in BB10.

Cheers
    ryacht and PatrickMJS like this.
    10-04-12 08:14 AM
    I just want to say that there never has been BBM Groups available when bridged. It is something that's on our wishlist but we will see in BB10.

Cheers
    Moved to "other". Thanks, I dont have any clue about bridge myself

Ray
    10-04-12 09:04 AM
    There is NOT full IMAP folder support.

You cannot access saved messages more than 30 days old (I think this is the limit). After nearly 2 years, RIM can still not get this right.

It's still necessary to use side-loaded Android clients to get full IMAP support.

Awful!
    10-04-12 09:27 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD