new: encrypt files?
    Cheers, Ray
    I pulled my spare PlayBook out of mothballs and verified the Encrypt Files was NOT there on 2.0.x. Also, the Enable Reader Mode on rotation is new on the Content tab in the browser. Although I can't figure out what that does and it won't stay on for me.
    10-04-12 11:10 AM
    I pulled my spare PlayBook out of mothballs and verified the Encrypt Files was NOT there on 2.0.x. Also, the Enable Reader Mode on rotation is new on the Content tab in the browser. Although I can't figure out what that does and it won't stay on for me.
    I believe the Reader Mode failing to stay on was a problem in the beta and apparently they decided not to fix it for official release.
    10-04-12 11:19 AM
    Since getting the playbook, USB did not generate sufficient power to charge the playbook and my main computer was an ASUS gaming laptop. I think this is a non-issue.

Here is the official BB information on how the playbook is to be charged:
    Charge your tablet - User Guide - BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet - 2.0

Here is official BB stance on USB charging attempts:
    Charge your tablet - User Guide - BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet - 2.0

Mine charges ok if I turn off the blackberry device manager on my laptop, with it on it doesn't
    10-05-12 03:55 AM
    Hi folks,

Open Post now includes my findings up to post 600. New entries are marked (new entry). Also advice added to better backup and wipe before updating.

Hope it helps. Spread the word in the other thread (have no time at this time).

Ray
    10-05-12 11:17 AM
    Twitter is not working for me either and wasn't in the beta as well. ...just because Twitter may be working for some people individually (PatrickMJS) do not make broad assertions that the summary is obviously incorrect. It serves no one in having the issue fixed in the future with the bury the head in the sand approach.

Edit—Problem solved: Did a security wipe and reloaded the 2.1 update. Everything is working great now.
    I appreciate The Reg Dunlop posting his resolution of his issue with Twitter not working.

I would like to respond to his comment that I shouldn't have made "broad assumptions". Here is my point: a lot of posts in these forums proclaim that OS2.1 is "cr*p" (insert expletive word of choice here) or make some broad sweeping statement against BB, PB or even RIM in general when actually what is happening is there is a small glitch on their device which can easily be fixed. The purpose of my post was to let folks know that Twitter was working fine on my PB, and since there is nothing special or different about my device, we can deduce that the function is basically working. It also should provide a measure of relief for those having problems with the particular feature on their own device, meaning that it is fixable.

And... as we see from Mr. Dunlop's post above, he was able to use Twitter after he re-installed the OS. Broad assumption? No. Burying my head in the sand? No. Useful input that a feature is in fact able to work on the device? Yes.
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 10-05-12 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Clarify.
    pacoman03, goku_vegeta and elmit22 like this.
    10-05-12 11:58 AM
    My playbook runs like a bag of $hite since this update, very angry :-(. The month view on the calendar is missing totally blank and I click on a day in week view and it shows a totally different one....touch screen response is terrible and keyboard is so laggy, stupid update. anyone else having similar problems???
    Set default view to monthly and it will work fine. BB Tech is aware of the issue. I have no other issues with the new OS.
    10-05-12 12:33 PM
    Updated the opening post

• 2 new issues Facebook and Bridge (after Personal Message from user jhimmel, THX)
    • Better formatting, clearer text (sorry, I'm so short of time, things improve gradually)

Anything else dramatic? Please refer to post number in the other thread

Ray
    10-06-12 11:43 AM
    question
    the red LED for new emails.

is it possible to set it up to ~15 minutes like standard on a BB? I didn't found an option for this and this is really an annoying thing.

if this is just me who doesn't setup his PB corretly, sorry.

If it is still not possible to setup.

Then this is really terrible after almost 1.5 years
    10-06-12 04:02 PM
    Again added some items. Marked green resolved things that many were complaining before. Marked red where I think are many complaints or important things are bad.

I think we now have seen most of the 2.1 changes now. The list should reflect the top items. If I overlooked a major thing that a bunch of people wrote about, please let me know. And try to link to the reports so I can read on my own.

Thanks, Ray
    10-08-12 05:17 PM
    Less checkerboarding?

I haven't seen so much since release 1.
    10-08-12 05:46 PM
    I think you should change "new features, new behaviour" to "new features, new behaviour by some posters". for example, I upgraded from OS2 to 2.1 and didn't see significant boot time improvement. still takes 4 minutes

and "people with lost contacts can sometimes not even add new contacts. Wipe and start from fresh? " is not a solution, it is issue.
    10-08-12 06:08 PM
    How do you sync individual imap folders?
    10-08-12 06:15 PM
    My observations:
    Battery no better.
    Boot time about 3 minutes on 16GB PB
    Email still doesn't support IMAP properly, so email is useless on the PB.
    Android is certainly nicer - no more hangups or crashes.
    10-08-12 08:15 PM
    Considered some of your remarks now in Open Post. Then ...

and "people with lost contacts can sometimes not even add new contacts. Wipe and start from fresh? " is not a solution, it is issue.
    I thought the same, but it's an issue with at least a workaround. Not meant to be treated as a solved issue. RIM should take a look.

Mentioning that, is it time now for us to put these things into RIM support channels? If many of us report the same stuff, this might put priority on these issues. Anything widespread, that I dont list?

Ray
    10-09-12 08:05 AM
    Just observed a problem with the built in photo app:

- Created a new folder in PB photos folder
    - Copied pictures into that folder when my PB was wifi tethered (from win 7, at this point the picture display setting on my win 7 is 'show as list' so not thumbnails)
    - Go to PB photo app. It didnt detect the new folder. Me angry and confused
    - Go to win 7 again, change the the picture display setting as 'extra large thumbnails'. Only then PB started to detect the new folder and pictures

Hope you can understand what I said. Cheers
    10-18-12 09:52 AM
    Has anyone noticed that the browser seems less stable on 2.1? It often refuses to recognize the swipe down from the top (application menu) gesture until you shut it down and restart it. It will still respond with scrolling, links, etc but you can't get to the application menu to change tabs, etc. It seems to be caused by clicking/scrolling before a page is fully loaded. It can't be reproduced every time but happens to me a few times a day (I do use the browser a lot). On the flip side, it does seem to handle a lot more tabs than before.
    10-24-12 11:14 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD