Browser:
    consistent experience with apps for closing tabs including swiping up to bezel in current page
    Java plug in boardspace.net
    Swipe scrolls according to current frame, when double tapping to follow an article or a comment thread hard to swipe straight while zoomed on frame
    Would love keeping listening to a youtube video while browsing another page

Keyboard:
    Add forward and backward arrows as finger pointing is hardly accurate to fix typo (cursor tuning is only available in word to go, not in browser editing field)
    Add delete and select all to copy paste menu (circular menu?)

Voice app:
    Editing capacity as need trimming recorded messages or select a subset of it

Side handling:
    With holding the playbook on one side with one hand i often get two long lasting active touchpoints that disable the right hand touches in the browser. Maybe good to be able disabling one side bezel for right or left handed or better detecting this is a grab

Ebook: kobo is a major disappointment
    No import of existing library
    No french books

App world: please worldwide, don't want to set up a vpn or wait for travelling

Acrobat reader
    Capability to.open multiple document (multiple instance of one app?)
    05-03-11 05:07 PM
    bezel scrolling better be implemented soon, im getting sick of clicking links all the time. bb bridge is finicky as well i had to try 6 times to get my bb to pair with my playbook, and i even reinstalled bridge, twice.
    05-03-11 07:07 PM
    Some excellent suggestions above...I would add following...
    Hardware
    1. Change the mini-USB port to either a standard USB or a micro-USB port. With the mini, the mating connector can be forced in upside down. (Saw 2 demo units at local Walmart and Staples that were not functioning as someone had forced the connection and bent the pins out of alignment.
    2. Move HDMI and USB ports to top.
    3.Add hardware (and software) to provide USB-OTG function.
    05-03-11 07:49 PM
    It is micro-USB...
    roger33-33 likes this.
    05-03-11 07:59 PM
    Sorry...1. should be ..."change from micro-B to mini-A"...
    05-03-11 08:40 PM
    USB hosting would be huge for photographers as it would allow us to leave the laptop at home. It would need a raw file viewer (Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Olympus) as well.

In a future hardware release, an SD port or mini SD port would allow high-volume storage of images while travelling.
    RescueCop likes this.
    05-03-11 09:33 PM
    i'm late. I want to be able to customize my pb tabs, rename, put whatever apps/bookmarks i want, or maybe do away with them all together. Auto-correct definately. Work with microsoft to create a browser that doesnt identify as a mobile or bb browser. folders
    05-03-11 11:17 PM
    Dont know if it has been posted before

~Homescreen~

-Allow folder creation in the all tab to organize app shortcuts.
    05-03-11 11:59 PM
    My shortlist of Findings that needs improvements:

#1)
    When Opening e-mail via Bridge with attachement - ex a picture - by opening the picture - and choosing to save it - Playbook gives option to save either on Playbook or BB. If I chose playbook - and gives the file a name - after saving the file is nowhere to be found!

#2)
    When browsing pictures with the Picture app - i want option to Send - or Share the picture by e-mail and perhaps also integration with other social apps.

#3)
    Composing a new e-mail , and choosing attachements - the list of files is completely un-organized. It also presents the pictures in complettely different order than being done in the Picture app

#4)
    In picture app - I cant find any option to show info about the picture being shown - not even the filename....

All these picture issues seems kinda stupid to me - and I must agree with many who talk about the device being put to marked premature.. It shows lack of consolidation between RIM's developers.

#5)
    The Bridge Files app: It lets you browse folders - but only PDF files can be opened on my device - folders with any other file-types shows as not having any compatible files. Perhaps the App should be renamed to PDF browser...

#6)
    BlackBerry's are known for their customizability. But the Playbook starts off in the completely different end...
    What about having more control over WiFi - which "band" to be used?
    What about Alerts... The Clock App/Alarm... only a few ringtones to choose from - and no option to listen to the tune before choosing... Now you have to choose Alarm tone, set alarm and wait for it to alert...

RIM - Not good enough...

I understand that the device will be constantly updated etc... but - please communicate to us WHAT is being done - and WHEN to expect etc... a puclic list of options to come - and a timeline would be great...

Native Apps I want to see on the Playbook:

Dropbox
    SKYPE with video chat and voice
    Flipboard
    Early Edition
    TuneIn Radio
    Evernote
    Blogsy (or similar blogging app)
    SoundHound
    Google Earth
    Plex client
    Star Walk
    PayPal

Invoice2Go (or other invoice on-the-go apps)

support for AirPlay (a universal screen mirror function would be great)
    Video Chat supporting FaceTime protocols..

-and option to remove all unwanted apps, such as "Weather". It dont even have foreign cities I travel to.... WeatherEye does carry more....

HD games... Need4Speed is ok game, but resolution is bad... the screen can do much more...

Well - this was my shortlist after a few hours of "playing" with the Playbook...
    RescueCop likes this.
    05-04-11 12:39 AM
    Music player
    Music player when playing a list is quite boring. Should be able to display album art or some sort of visualization (e.g. waves, some sort of dancing graphic, arts, etc that go with the beat). Design it so it will pair up nicely with a surround sound system when you hook it up on the tv - being able to show cool visualizations while playing music on the tv (and having friends over)
    Agree - and also add a "Sleep" timer - so that it will automatically stop playing after 15-20-45-60 min.... (like TuneIn Radio have for the BB)
    05-04-11 12:50 AM
    I just realized how slow the Playbook is to transfer files from the computer onto the device... Copying 3000 MP3 files took forever on the PB, and less than half that time on my iPad2 ...

Tried first syncing from Desktop manager, and normal file copying, same speed.

USB2 connection for both devices....

Well - my BlackBerry phone is just as slow as the Playbook for transfers, but I cant quite explain why the iPad should be so much faster transferring using iTunes....
    05-04-11 12:55 AM
    I just realized how slow the Playbook is to transfer files from the computer onto the device... Copying 3000 MP3 files took forever on the PB, and less than half that time on my iPad2 ...

Tried first syncing from Desktop manager, and normal file copying, same speed.

USB2 connection for both devices....

Well - my BlackBerry phone is just as slow as the Playbook for transfers, but I cant quite explain why the iPad should be so much faster transferring using iTunes....
    Drag and drop over wifi works great. I transferred >1000 songs in only a few minutes.
    Morten likes this.
    05-04-11 01:01 AM
    Pop up zoomed in window when trying to orient the cursor.
    LED indication for notifications.
    Sounds for notifications.
    Native calendar.
    MORE APPS!
    Native Email.
    I am over all impressed with the PLAYBOOK. It by far surpasses any tablet that I have experienced. And its excited that new things are rolling out everyday for it.. It makes everyday like Christmas! Keep it coming RIM!
    05-04-11 08:10 AM
    You must have pressed the volume and and down at the same time. That takes a screen shot and saves it in pictures.
    05-04-11 10:37 AM
    I wish bridge email would allow view customizations. For example in landscape mode, I would love to get rid of the message titles listed on the left side just like in Portrait mode. Makes email much more readable.
    05-04-11 10:41 AM
    WHY....

Slacker dont work in the country where I am,.. so I deleted it - but soon after - the Playbook tells me that an 1MB update is available - after download and reboot - Slacker is back... Delete again... and same thing...

Sigh,....

Its soon time to let us update the OS and exclude ANY excludable modules we choose to ...

Btw: Does RIM have any website / Forum where they post what their doing with the OS at the moment? - or even better - a RIM Forum where users can post their bugs and findings.... Perhaps I'm just a dreamer...
    Last edited by Lindstrom; 05-04-11 at 02:21 PM.
    05-04-11 12:00 PM
    Not to belabor this point, but RIM, please fix the battery drain issue that seems to have escalated after the 1.03 update on May 3rd.

If I walk into an all-day meeting armed with my pb and bb, I should be able to rely on the battery's capacity during the session without worrying about having to recharge because the pb was sitting idle while off or on standby mode.

If users have to concern themselves with bringing along a charger to offsite or full day meetings despite walking in with a full charge, the pb stands the risk of becoming a nuisance. Nuisance = playbook stays at home = non performing asset.

This is great hardware with tons of potential. Please allow the software to catch up on these key fundamental features.
    05-04-11 03:21 PM
    Not to belabor this point, but RIM, please fix the battery drain issue that seems to have escalated after the 1.03 update on May 3rd.

If I walk into an all-day meeting armed with my pb and bb, I should be able to rely on the battery's capacity during the session without worrying about having to recharge because the pb was sitting idle while off or on standby mode.

If users have to concern themselves with bringing along a charger to offsite or full day meetings despite walking in with a full charge, the pb stands the risk of becoming a nuisance. Nuisance = playbook stays at home = non performing asset.

This is great hardware with tons of potential. Please allow the software to catch up on these key fundamental features.
    Apparently, if you just update the OS and not sign into the Video Chat, the battery will drain. Just go into the Video Chat and sign in and get out, then you will be fine. Software probably sitting and waiting for response, running in circle
    Bolderholder likes this.
    05-04-11 03:55 PM
    1) Include Microsoft Windows Media Player in the browser. This will allow application such as Thinkorswim trader platform to play live CNBC on the Playbook. It will only play on WMP. This will open a whole new segment of customers (investors).

2) enable Bluetooth music link to the car sound deck. Increase PB's consumer appeal.

3) Enable wireless DLNA link to DLNA enabled TV. Then you can play Need4Speed freely.
    05-04-11 04:09 PM
    I'm finding the inability to resize the email view pane in landscape along with the inability to resize the text in an email window to be really frustrating. I would like to see this added to the list.
    screamlordbyron likes this.
    05-04-11 06:53 PM
    How about a desktop charger with pass through connections for the HDMI and micro USB connectors. Right now both of these are blocked if you use the mag-safe desktop charger.
    Another design by an engineer who doesn't use the device???
    05-04-11 07:01 PM
    How about a desktop charger with pass through connections for the HDMI and micro USB connectors. Right now both of these are blocked if you use the mag-safe desktop charger.

+Audio Output
    +Microphone Input

A Charging Desktop HUB .......
    05-04-11 07:05 PM
    Apparently, if you just update the OS and not sign into the Video Chat, the battery will drain. Just go into the Video Chat and sign in and get out, then you will be fine. Software probably sitting and waiting for response, running in circle
    i started up video chat and selected "i agree" on the terms and condition page. is that all i have to do? hopefully it works. regardless if it does or doesn't, thank you anyway!

i appreciate the help...cheers!

Edit:That seems to have done the trick! Thanks again. I'll keep monitoring though just in case.
    Last edited by Bolderholder; 05-07-11 at 06:29 AM.
    05-04-11 07:17 PM
    Our company has security policies which requires both passwords and device locking after 15 minutes of inactivity. If you are working on the Playbook, the 15 minutes can go by pretty quickly and your bridge is lost to your phone necessitating plugging in your password again. It would be nice if there was an optional override to extend the bridge under these circumstances on a session by session basis.
    05-05-11 06:23 AM
    Need to have audio transmitted via the hdmi for games as well. It does it for songs and videos and doesn't make sense it doesn't do it for games.
    NFS and other similar superb upcoming games definitely needs to have sound.
    It looks very odd when the game is played on the big big screen and sound is coming from the playbook.
    05-05-11 10:52 AM
530 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD