09-08-13 03:01 PM
530 ... 45678 ...
tools
    i don't know if this has been suggested, but using the side panel/bezel to scroll would be helpful. it almost feels natural to want to do so if you're used to doing so on a laptop mouse track pad. many websites with video or rich flash content won't scroll when you touch them, and some send you to web pages which can get frustrating when you repeat it a time or two. with the panel gestures, it just seem instinctive to want to use the right side panel to scroll, (or left if you're left hand dominant).
    CrackMachine likes this.
    04-28-11 05:33 PM
    Email (Bridged):

1. Must have ability to pinch and zoom in email - this is critical.
    2. Alternatively, any method to zoom, with a preference to have word-wrap when zooming, to avoid the need to "scroll".
    3. Ability to "open" a message by double tapping it to go to full-screen mode.
    4. Ability to customize appearance and other options as on the BB.
    5. Touch and hold should bring up more menu options.
    6. Cut/Paste anywhere and across all applications.
    7. I think it would be BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT if we could use the keyboard on the BB as an input device on the Playbook (in each and every application!).

Regards,
    Ian
    04-28-11 07:29 PM
    1. Customizable Tabs, this should be a top priority, not only would it go a long way to make someone feel like it's "their playbook", but it would streamline playbook use. This has been around since the first iPhone. I loved that I could put the apps I needed, but didn't use as much on a far-away tab and prioritize/sort what I used.
    2. Ability to customize display time-out
    3. Faster Flash Loading...yes it does do it, but you may have grey hair by the time it does, even over a high-speed WiFi connection. Its faster to pull out, turn on and use my laptop than get 1/2 way through loading a flash-based page.
    4. Refresh button on the browser
    5. Ability to outright close an app from the app without having to minimize and then close.
    6. Ability to sync the playbook with desktop manager over bluetooth
    7. Document management through blackberry desktop
    8. Document version sync/reconciliation with desktop, doesn't delete old versions, but would make sure that your playbook is synchronized with the most current one.
    9. The ability to save and edit bridge email attachments like Excel files.

Hardware:
    1. Camera Flash
    2. More range on the camera zoom. When zoomed all the way out, you need hold it at least 18" away to capture a piece of paper which can be awkward when seated at a desk, it also makes it hard to take pictures in small spaces.
    04-28-11 08:04 PM
    Software

App in Blackberry Bridge that allows me to control media playing from my BB device when Playbook is connected to TV (rather then a very long HDMI cable!)
    04-29-11 08:44 AM
    PLAYBOOK BROWSER
    Here's some good feature to add for the browser and make it unique for the playbook

1 - Being able to scroll up and down a webpage by sliding your finger up or down along the right hand side bezel 2.5x faster (configurable in options) than sliding on the page itself.

Why? Too often I find that swiping on the page, i accidentally touch a link and go to a page i dont want. Furthermore, some pages are long - it takes me tons of swiping to be able to go up or down a long page. If the bezel which doesnt do anything can be made into a virtual scrollbar, that would be amazing. Also, you hand won't block any of the view of the screen, which is already limited in size.

BRIDGE BROWSER
    Need it so that GMAIL and facebook websites can work. Tethering is not an option for me as the BES administrator has deactivated it on my phone.
    They need to copy Apple flick gestures for scrolling, and also some kind of fix for Clicking on the Ads accidentally.

See
    04-29-11 09:02 AM
    Bridge:

Add a function to Bridge app so that Bridged BB would sound alarm/vibrate when you go out of range of the Playbook. Maybe the PB would beep also. Would be great for loss prevention.
    nycspaces. likes this.
    04-29-11 11:54 AM
    Pause for a humorous note: I was on the phone with a RIM tech rep asking about a couple of things I'd reported by email under the 90 day support. He promised that the coming OS improvements would make everything so much better, and that the folks at RIM don't really agree with all that's being said on CB!
    Sorry, Kevin, I think you got dissed by some of their contract labor
    04-29-11 12:02 PM
    I don't know that anybody agrees with all that's being said on CB
    04-29-11 12:52 PM
    I don't know that anybody agrees with all that's being said on CB
    It's called crackberry for a reason...
    04-29-11 01:28 PM
    Allow text input in multiple languages (not one language per country its sold in). For example, there are millions of native Chinese speakers in North America and many of them will require Chinese and English input.
    04-29-11 04:13 PM
    Have email open in full landscape view by being able to slide body of email border to left, and then back again to see email listings. WeBOS has this feature for their tablet.
    Have Universal Search for Playbook
    Be able to adjust size of keyboard - have small, medium, and large (which would probably be present size of Keyboard). This way their would be choices for everyone. Make the selection of keyboard sizes easy to get to by having selector located on keyboard.

That's my suggestions for now. Hope they aren't repeats and are helpful.
    Barry Heath
    abbas920 likes this.
    04-29-11 04:19 PM
    suggestions:
    bezel scrolling
    better optimization, it stutters often
    browser needs to stop crashing
    more apps, disappointed to see that the few apps that are available on bb phones are not available on the playbook
    bridge sucks, ive tried everything cause now it wont even connect
    tethering is unstable, make it more stable
    wifi is flakey at best
    theres some menu glitches that need to be addressed
    browser should multitask, load a page while im in another tab
    need bbm & sms in bridge
    cameras are under utilized, need some video apps/chatting apps

i know a lot of these havd been mentioned before but these are what i want
    04-29-11 05:26 PM
    Sorry if this was mentioned already....

A separate password lock for the BB Bridge....
    04-29-11 07:28 PM
    Look, it's probably me and not the OS, but how on earth did using the camera result in a screenshot being added to my picture collection? And I can't delete it.
    Nothing fatal but really odd.
    04-29-11 07:49 PM
    when watching video at Vimeo if i scroll down video playback stops, once you scroll back video can be resumed.

One of many annoying items that are going to have me return my playbook. I am not cut out for this buggy product. Will wait until these items fixed.
    04-29-11 08:20 PM
    addthe ability to create a small group of apps that open in a specific order when you click a single icon. for example: open bedside group, first flip clock, then weather,then messages, and last browser.
    04-30-11 04:01 AM
    You should be able to delete any picture on your Playbook. In picture app just open the file you want to get rid of. Use the Bezel slide from top to screen, you should see a Garbage can (delete) and the Set as Wallpaper icon.
    04-30-11 10:35 AM
    Give us folders on our home screen.. coming from a blackberry i cannot stand not having folders and the ability to create them. Also in the picture album allow us to create our own albums.
    Also transfer files between my blackberry and playbook instead of having to rely on my pc or mac.
    Just Me likes this.
    04-30-11 10:58 AM
    For In-store Demos

Have some sort of demo mode. I was in a retailer today, and the screen had timed out. It doesn't help sell the product if people walk up to the display and the screen is blank (especially if they don't know the swipe to wake gesture!). There should be an in-store demo mode to keep it active (if there is, Futureshop staff don't know about it!).
    04-30-11 03:57 PM
    In Settings under General there is a Demo Mode you can set, if the screen times out, and it is plugged in. It shows that demo hi def video that came with the PB.
    MisterMe11 likes this.
    04-30-11 04:00 PM
    BRIDGING:
    I would like to see all the PIM fields rendered (available) on the PB screen as they are on the phone screen.

Against my prejudgement of not having native PIM function on the PB, since my purchase of one I feel it is a very good idea. Unfortunately I was disappointed when entering a new calendar appointment via BB bridge and not having the conference call fields available, requiring me to enter that specific info into the phone proper.
    CrackMachine likes this.
    04-30-11 05:15 PM
    Pass alert tones and other personalization stuff from BB to PB.
    Support Skype (vid chat, of course)
    Support Silverlight (or whatever it takes to get Netflix on demand video)
    Integrate "Share" function for pics and video like on BB for email and FB
    BBM support, please!
    SMS support too.
    Thanks!
    David
    04-30-11 05:41 PM
    Wishlist!!

Folders please.

Spell check!!!!

Ability to put files and folders on home page like OS6 and ability to open them from here (like you can from Bridge files)

Docs to go - ability to do bullets in Word to Go, and ability to open more than 1 doc at a time.

If the Playbook had these 3 little things it would be the perfect professional grade tablet that RIM claims it is. At the moment they can't actually make that claim as it is no more better for business than the ipad, infact the ipad is better at the moment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-11 07:25 PM
    First and foremost, fix the Bridge Browser and keep it free!!! Take AT&T, Verizon, etc. to court if need be since its not technically "tethering".

These greedy service providers need to be put in their place every once in awhile...
    04-30-11 11:57 PM
    Thank you - so RIM should advise retailers to put in demo mode because they may not be, and blank screens won't help sell products
    In Settings under General there is a Demo Mode you can set, if the screen times out, and it is plugged in. It shows that demo hi def video that came with the PB.
    05-01-11 12:18 AM
530 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD