09-08-13 03:01 PM
530 12345 ...
tools
    PDF's
    The list of PDF's should have some sort of organizational method to it or read a PDF Portfolio. I'm going to store my hand written school notes on my playbook in PDF format, I'd like to be able to sort by class and date or topic.
    SebastianMoran likes this.
    04-24-11 07:49 PM
    More native apps, lots of them.
    iTunes-like media content infrastructure for buying music, tv shows, movies, etc.
    Native mail, calendar and Exchange support.
    Better on/off button.

Currently only the bright and outdoor-capable display impresses me.
    04-24-11 08:25 PM
    Make the PB totally independent of needing a BB phone to be a productive tool. Utilize "bridge" with all other mobile platforms out there. This is the only way this thing will survive.
    Improve that hideous flat power button
    Tweek software so that PB won't get sizzling hot
    abbas920 likes this.
    04-24-11 09:05 PM
    Please add a file browser/File explorer
    Make the @ symbol available on the first keyboard page.
    auto correct
    auto capitalize the 1st letter (posting from my Pb and you can see if i dont hit the shift it wont be capitalized)
    Ability to move courser easier. (cant move it to certain place unless u touch that place).
    The ability to scroll down while selecting. (i was trying to select a lot of text on one page, it wouldnt scroll down to allow to select more)
    I dont know if should post this here but, guys, we have a front facing camera and we saw skype when they were show casing the Pb, where is it??? also windows live messenger and yahoo?
    I tried many online websites for video chatting or web based msn and skype, when i try to send a voice clip it says i dont have a mic... same thing with the camera. i tried calling from a different skype account and my web based skype rang on my Pb i answer and i hear nothing while the other computer (that im calling from is still ringing) I guess nothing is recognizing the camera or mic.
    lgx22 likes this.
    04-24-11 09:13 PM
    Capability to open SWF (flash) files (that are saved to device, offline) using browser or other app
    04-24-11 11:20 PM
    1) SD card reader slot needs to be offered. (Not MicroSD, regular SD).

I know RIM wants people to buy the more expensive model with more memory for extra storage, but I want to take the SD card from my camera and slide it into the PlayBook to share the photos online.

2) Pen and high-rez digitizer like on the Asus eeeSlate.

Business users want a way to write with a proper pen input. On-screen keyboard takes up too much screen space. Being able to annotate documents is important. Handwriting recognition is a must on a business class device.
    04-25-11 01:59 AM
    RIM needs to work more closely with retailers (i.e. Best Buy, Staple, Radio Shack, etc). For example, product description on marketing websites must include in a prominent area that potential consumers with Blackberry phones need at a minimum OS 5.0. Many BB phone owners have older phones such as Curve 8330 OS 4.5 that do not or are able to update to OS 5.0
    04-25-11 03:09 AM
    Major issues for me is Bridge functionality. Great idea, but feels unfinished and AT&T might just ruin the feature altogether for their customers.

I used the work around, but the Bridge Browser is god awful in being extremely slow and buggy. Fix the Bridge Browser, the other stuff works perfect on Bridge.

Multitasking could use improvement, it isn't as seamless as it was made out to be. A control panel would be nice too, the settings/options given seem limiting.

Of course more apps, but I will admit surfing the web with full Flash support, apps aren't the be all end all feature some make them out to be, but they are nice added feature.

Overall though, even with its problems, I think this is still the best 7'' tablet out there...
    04-25-11 04:36 AM
    All good suggestions. Here is one I haven't seen mentioned:

Email attachments - handle htm files. This should be a no brainer to open the file in the browser. My 9700 does this just fine. The Playbook should, too.
    04-25-11 07:17 AM
    Just saw the new webOS keyboard...steal this - numbers on the main keyboard would be nice for anyone trying to keep up with secure passwords and a fixed "next" or "tab" key as the os doesn't always do forms 100%.

I have always hated the changing keyboard thing on the ipad, i am now experimenting with this issue on PB. Somehow i think i type better when stuff is where i expect it and it's not changing.

Hopefully this could be implemented as app or developer options, maybe once we have predictive and spell correction it won't matter but it would be cool to allow us to do more customization for optimized keyboard layouts. TouchType/SwiftKey look like they are doing cool stuff.
    sayg and rbeste like this.
    04-25-11 07:43 AM
    Besides Hulu, look at other services like Vudu etc. Work on international solutions for video subscriptions as well.
    Consider buying 7 Digital and adding video content (but consider whether competing with Netflix etc is really a good idea)
    I just read that U.S. users are using Amazon for videos. If its a good service, can you make it more prominent so prospective buyers and novice users are aware? Is Amazon working on international (e.g. Canada/UK) streaming services?
    Last edited by MisterMe11; 04-25-11 at 12:13 PM. Reason: mention Amazon
    04-25-11 09:18 AM
    UI idea for text selection

A few people have complained that it is difficult to place the cursor in a text field to edit it.

Now, when you press and hold, it brings up the cut/paste menu and the text selectors.

What if in the pop-up it gave the option to 'place cursor' (or something like that). Then the two blue selectors would be replaced by a single one, and you could then slide it wherever you want. How does that sound?

And/Or, on the keyboard, they could fit another button on the bottom row (just make spacebar slightly smaller). That button would bring up an arrow keypad (similar to bringing up numbers or symbols), which could be used to maneuver the cursor.
    Last edited by MisterMe11; 04-25-11 at 12:14 PM.
    CrackMachine likes this.
    04-25-11 09:20 AM
    Streaming of content from a home computer
    Take a look at Orb:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/ho...aybook-607481/

Can you work with them to make this a standard part of the Playbook experience? Could this sort of thing be linked to the Desktop manager? It would be nice if Playbook had its own branded Slingbox/Orb functionality which was easy to use and widely known.

One thing to keep in mind is the limitations of wake on lan over the internet and how to resolve for Orb
    Last edited by MisterMe11; 04-25-11 at 09:27 AM. Reason: clarify
    04-25-11 09:25 AM
    A regular Blue tooth keyboard will pair with the playbook

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Understood, but the extra battery would be a bonus + the trackpad (which is standard BB). Also a keyboard that fits the 7" screen would be good as glass protector in lieu of a case.

I think the ASUS Transformer is a neat concept, but more applicable to email/business and I think it would be better suited to BB than Android.
    04-25-11 10:27 AM
    I was thinking, being you can blue tooth a Blackberry and you can also use a keyboard via bluetooth, how about some way to use the standard blackberry keyboard to input while bridged?

I know makers of bluetooth keyboards would be pissed about it, but there must be a way to do it? I would use it all the time, luv my BB keyboards and it would take up no real estate on that 7" screen? Sounds like a perfect fit to me...
    BBMINI, kbz1960, kirson and 1 others like this.
    04-25-11 10:41 AM
    Besides Skype App, Video Chat, BBM Video and Browser Identification as IE/Mozilla/Chrome...

Enable to speakers to play audio via Bluetooth....all computers can do this. So I can play my music from my Bold through my PB speakers.

Also, FULL bridge files access. Viewing/opening not file transferring.
    kbz1960 and gordz like this.
    04-25-11 10:51 AM
    Hardware:
    power button is really inconvenient to operate.

Software:
    My bold 9780 has menu 10x richer than plybook, I'm just ashamed to carry it while cannot copy / paste or edit the name of the file...
    RIM is definitely testing the device (why asking us to pay $700 for beta unit???) on us and having great brainstorming for free, well done! just keep in mind I wont stick too long with toy like that.
    cheers!
    04-25-11 11:34 AM
    arrow keys or virtual trackpad
    Ability to:
    add & organize folders for documents
    attach files to emails

Love it!
    04-25-11 11:50 AM
    support for .WAV files
    dogdaddy likes this.
    04-25-11 12:26 PM
    Blackberry Bridge:

Would like to use apps like music store, app world, kobo's for downloading media.
    04-25-11 12:38 PM
    Just found something pretty cool guys - To everyone asking for a "Mute" button, just hold the Play/Pause button down for a second or two and it instantly mutes your playbook. I did not know this, and I'm sorry if most of you already did, I just thought it was pretty neat.
    04-25-11 01:26 PM
    Apps: This should be one of RIM's highest priorities. By their own admission, they said publicly that there would by 3000 Playbook apps available at launch. The apps available directly from the Playbook itself numbers less than 400 and are sub-par at best. After an exhausted search to find the best of what i could choose from, I downloaded 11 of them and ended up deleting all 11 of them because the were not good apps at all. I went online to the Blackberry App world and was amazed at the amount of quality apps available for the mobile phone sector. This is my first Blackberry purchase and I am a current Android phone user. I think this platform offers the best raw potential of any current or soon to be released tablet out there, but it is severely under utilized. Promises got me here but won't keep me here. Only timely implementation of what was already promised will. Why did RIM feel the need to boast about a number that they knew they didn't have? How do you plan on keeping the people like me who are now on the fence and thinking of returning the product? Finally, do you have serious plans to move forward with the constructive and deserved criticism and take them seriously?
    04-25-11 01:29 PM
    I love PB. I love how everyone is adding their inputs to make it better. Hopefully RIM will listen to us!

Multi-language. East Asian. All other platforms have language options. I have been using Leaked OS on my BB but I can't use the language using Brdige...
    Come on. Let's make it standard so we don't have to worry about it at all.

Media:
    Pictures: I cannot turn the picture viewer to Portrait mode. Why not? Some pictures are taller. I want a slideshow too.
    Some image-scanned documents are letter-size too.

Apps:
    LogMeIn: Actually this works with the PB browser (Wow!). We can even tap through remote PCs but darn, we can't use the keyboard. Actually, the keyboard would not pop-up when I want to type in remote PCs. We probably want a way to freely open & close our keyboard on PB...
    Last edited by urya; 04-25-11 at 03:18 PM.
    04-25-11 03:14 PM
    Ive been prowling through the CB forums ever since I got my PB and i have learned a LOT of useful info that is not documented anywhere else that I can find. RIM, or someone, needs to create a thorogh manual documenting everything!
    04-25-11 04:51 PM
    PDF Application:

- Ability to copy/paste
    04-25-11 06:57 PM
530 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD