09-08-13 03:01 PM
530 ... 202122
tools
    I need to make a clarification on a procedure for narrowing down a search and then going directly to either the newest or the oldest pics.

If you type in 2012 in the search it will show the newest and you scroll up from there for older pictures containing 2012 in their names. To go directly to the oldest: type in 2012 followed by a space. Then backspace delete that space and you should go to the very top oldest of 2012.

Same thing for a search of say, June, 2013 pics. Type 201306 gets you to the latest taken in June and a space after the 201306 and then deleting the space takes you to the first or earliest taken in June.

There are a few other things that might be useful when dealing with the pictures in Playbook. I'll mention them in a later post.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-06-13 01:34 AM
    I need to make a clarification on a procedure for narrowing down a search and then going directly to either the newest or the oldest pics.

If you type in 2012 in the search it will show the newest and you scroll up from there for older pictures containing 2012 in their names. To go directly to the oldest: type in 2012 followed by a space. Then backspace delete that space and you should go to the very top oldest of 2012.

Same thing for a search of say, June, 2013 pics. Type 201306 gets you to the latest taken in June and a space after the 201306 and then deleting the space takes you to the first or earliest taken in June.

There are a few other things that might be useful when dealing with the pictures in Playbook. I'll mention them in a later post.
    I have not looked at the tips/tricks Sticky in a while but you might want to add these Search Techniques there.
    09-06-13 10:39 AM
    Open the OS. We want multiple bootlader especially for LINUX
    09-07-13 07:51 AM
    Some further on using search for locating pictures on File Manager. The following can be a little help at times:

Keying in .j (period and a j) will bring up any Photos you took with the Playbook. This are the .jpg images. It may also bring up some you've downloaded. I don't think so but I am not 100% on that.

Keying in .p (period and a p) will bring up the Screen Capture images and Picture Downloads from emails. These are .png images.

If you've named pictures (e.g. when saving one from an email) and included a space(s) in the names e.g. "Butter Tarts" then, in the search merely click the space bar. Only pictures given names containing one or more spaces should show up (named pictures use only one word or no spaces between words won't show).

All of the above searches will take you the most recent pictures. To start from the oldest add another space to the keyed in search and backspace delete that space.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-07-13 02:56 PM
    It would be good if you guys join us here -->
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...thread-829470/

You can vote and suggest features and upgrades - the links can be found on twitter under @savetheplaybook
    09-08-13 03:01 PM
530 ... 202122
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD