09-08-13 04:01 PM
530 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    i dunno about you guys but when i hold my pb in portrait mode, i tent to hold it towards the bottom, my thumbs end up covering the camera, so it would be nice if the camera has a larger offset from the center, also while in the webbrowser, the back, forward, address bar utility should be moved to the bottom of the screen, were it is accessible by my fingures instead of having me move my hand
    06-02-11 07:00 PM
    a macro tray! idk if it was already mentioned or not, but a macro tray that you swipe from the right side out like bringing up the keyboard. have like idk 10-15 programable macro keys. its a pain in the bum to type the url html code all the time.
    06-02-11 07:09 PM
    I said it before and I'll say it again, when does this thread get bundled up and shipped off to RIM?

As for suggestions, the RIM should take all fo the functionality found in the Torch and carry it forward to the PlayBook with tablet specific modifications. I shouldn't be able to to more with my Torch than I can with my PB.
    i have a torch which among many things is used to update a realtime database thru a wap portal . play book doesnt do wap
    i can listen to tunein on my torch playbook doesnt support .m3u streaming
    when i read an email on the playbook it doesnt change the status on my torch yet bb messenger does i could go on and on
    06-04-11 01:22 AM
    I love my playbook, however..........
    Hardware
    Needs a memory card slot, and a replaceable battery. The power button does not bother me since I never use it. Fully functional GPS would be cool. Kudo's on BB Bridge, one data plan is enough for me.

Software
    Not gonna nit pic here, we all want the apps like Pageonce, Google Maps, Pandora and Netflix. They will come. I want my playbook to type like my Bold. Auto punctuation, spell check that works you know. Like a blackberry. Some arrows on the keyboard would be nice to go forward or back in text to edit. I have to say this is the only touch screen device I really like to type on. Did I mention spell check?

Im sure all the other things will be touched on by other posters here so I am only listing my biggest gripes. I know what is coming in future updates so they are not worth mentioning at this time. I bought the Playbook as an extension of my phone and when the software catches up as a portable option to a laptop. I love the size and dont want anything larger or I would have just got a laptop instead.

Almost forgot. I want access to everything on my phone through the bridge so I dont have to waste precious memory storage on my Playbook by duplicating things like music files.
    couldn't agree with you more, or something like the apple way where you get a magnifying glass! It's sooooo annoying when you have to go back and edit a word
    06-04-11 02:55 AM
    I wish it came with the hdmi cable. lol.. Otherwise, could use a bigger screen, the res is fine, just a slightly bigger device.
    06-04-11 02:57 AM
    1. bezel lock.
    2. thumb keyboard similar to windows 8 on landscape mode on each side
    3. view mode in word document instead of seeing the select arrows all the time when attempting to scroll.
    4 able to see all apps open at one time with side swiping instead of one at a time
    5. see more apps open from down up swipe instead of just 3
    6. utilize 1, 2 , 3, 4 etc. finger gestures.
    7. utilize bottom right corner swipe..maybe a convenience button/swipe for your fave app or folder
    8. listen to the people and try to prevent a hostile takeover
    06-04-11 03:09 AM
    Another improvement needed is an update to the podcast app that will keep the app live until all the downloads have downloaded. The absurd timeout feature strikes again. If you have a bunch of podcasts that are large in size, its possible it will take longer than 5 mins to download. The playbook shuts off and the downloads stop. So you have to keep touching the playbook until the downloads finish. That is stupid and needs to be addressed.
    06-04-11 08:40 PM
    Many of these have probably been addressed but just to provide scale:

Bridge:
    MUST be able to save attachments to the playbook. This is a big issue as if I need to get back on my phone through bridge I lose the ability to do anything with a email attachment.

Bluetooth:
    Must be able to do bluetooth file transfer from any bluetooth enabled device

Photo:
    Need ability to create, rename, organize and upload photo files
    Need a simple editing function i.e. crop, resize, rotate
    Need ability to have the photo slideshow rotate to show portrait format images
    Need to edit Slideshow settings, time, transition, captions add music, audio files,

OS and File management:
    Having a Native file manager seems to be an obvious must have.
    Being able to attach an external drive, IE thumb drive via USB dongle to import share or read files.

Thank you
    06-05-11 10:15 AM
    Noticed a dumb little feature - I can call up the keyboard at any time with the bottom-left bezel swipe, yet it doesn't do anything when I type.

For example, if I want to search in music, I have to first click 'search' and then use the keyboard. Surely bringing up the keyboard when in music mode should automatically start searching as I type, regardless of whether I clicked Search.

Another disappointment from this overhyped OS.
    06-06-11 07:31 AM
    being able to copy from browser or any sources within the playbook and paste in the bridged applications
    06-06-11 04:28 PM
    I am glad blackberry playbook came out with the latest update but some of the features we have been missing are not fixed yet.

1. Unable to open attachment within bridge calendar high priority
    2. Message indicator is showing incorrect number of unread messages within playbook
    3. Unable to copy the link from the browser and paste it in an email high priority
    4. Unable to delete native PDF files within playbook high priority
    5. Java support Is there a native Java for playbook? high priority
    06-07-11 01:46 PM
    Bit of a security issue - when you type in a password on the Playbook it momentarily shows the letter you've typed in, to help you spell correctly. This is fine with me, but it should not output this via the HDMI cable when mirroring! I can't log in to any accounts whilst demoing or giving a presentation as it would reveal my password!

Secondly, a potential bug - if you press and hold on a photo to save it from he browser, it lets you specify a file name, but if you delete the .jpg extension the saved photo disappears into the depths of the Playbook never to be seen again!
    06-07-11 06:47 PM
    3. Unable to copy the link from the browser and paste it in an email – high priority
    I've never had a problem with this. And I just did it moments ago.
    06-07-11 11:56 PM
    Why did they ditch the trackball and the physical "back button?

I got used to using the trackball to do things my fat fingers can't - like select a tiny link or move the cursor just one space in a text field.

The back button (the key with the 180 degree arrow) I could always count on to undo what I just did, now I have to look for a "back" button that isnt always there or find some other way to navigate back to where I just was.

Also us BB people are much better at typing with two thumbs than having to use a touch keyboard with one hand (assuming you are using the other hand to hold the thing).

RIMM really blew it here by following the crowd and deviating from the things that made their phones stand out and preferred by many - physical keys..
    so at least give us the ability to type to the playbook from our phones so we dont have to lug around yet another device - a bluetooth keyboard which isn't really a thumboard in most cases - my "blackberry thumb" is healing and I miss it.

That way, we could have all of the above - back button, trackball for fine movements and a physical keyboard that you can type on with two hanndsd (thumbs)
    06-08-11 12:00 PM
    DESIGN OF THE TABLET

I'd like a small borders Tablet, why the borders are so big? It reminds me of my amstrad CPC6128
    06-08-11 12:49 PM
    an e-book reader that actually lets you buy books in the UK would be nice... so annoyed that Kobo won't let me buy anything due to 'publisher limitations' in the US. Plus the fact you can't open your own epubs is a killer... hopefully when the UK launch hits a few weeks they might have some reading apps we can use over here.

This was one of the main reasons (well excuses I should say ) for buying a playbook, and now I can't actually use it for reading any of my books. Not good.
    06-08-11 07:32 PM
    It would be nice to be able to open .tif files on the playbook. I can only receive faxes via email as .tif files. My Torch can open them, why not the playbook?
    06-08-11 08:03 PM
    text messages- being able to view and send text messages from the playbook over bridge,just like bbm and e-mail.
    06-08-11 10:14 PM
    Global search, maybe a swipe to the left from the "all" tab leaving space for widgets where the icons would usually be
    06-09-11 04:30 PM
    I am for being able to get rid of the bottom row of icons off the screen.
    06-09-11 04:37 PM
    What about just bringing up the keyboard from the home screen for global search.
    06-09-11 10:56 PM
    an e-book reader that actually lets you buy books in the UK would be nice... so annoyed that Kobo won't let me buy anything due to 'publisher limitations' in the US. Plus the fact you can't open your own epubs is a killer... hopefully when the UK launch hits a few weeks they might have some reading apps we can use over here.

This was one of the main reasons (well excuses I should say ) for buying a playbook, and now I can't actually use it for reading any of my books. Not good.
    What is wrong with Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn?
    06-09-11 11:02 PM
    BBM Groups on Playbook and Send/Received SMS from Playbook
    06-09-11 11:04 PM
    I've had a love hate with my playbook.
    Right now it's love. After the update I was kinda dissapolnted. I am now appreciating the power.

I'd like to see
    - autotext system wide
    - pinch and zoom system wide
    - context menus in bridge alla bb
    -

I'm simply spoiled by my bb.
    Last edited by missingstick; 06-10-11 at 12:56 AM.
    06-09-11 11:37 PM
    still would be nice to be able to copy from my emails in the messages, like if i get a temporary password so i can copy and paste it in the web page. the web still closes when something goes wrong.
    doesnt anyone have a problem like i do when im in gmail and try to search within my email a keyword and it gives me a message "need to re login to search"?
    Last edited by aquipower; 06-09-11 at 11:50 PM.
    06-09-11 11:46 PM
530 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD