Really? swiping from the bottom bezel isnt easy enough? or maybe im just not getting what you mean.
    Well it's not just that it's easier, but also helps you keep track track and multi task better. Honestly, I didn't even know Facebook was still running in the background, atleast until I went back into it. I can only imagin it getting worse, when they implant more of the native/active apps that usually run in the background.
    Now if there's a way to do it already, then maybe it doesn't matter. Although if there isn't a way yet, we could have a very slow/died system. More then likely we'll need something like the Andriod users have, a "Andriod Killer"... Or just keep track of everything we do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 12:42 PM
    Bridge:
    Implement Enterprise Messenger into the Bridge function. Not sure why they would leave that out on an Enterprise-Ready tablet, but since they got BBM working it would be nice to have EM as well.

Also need the ability in the Bridge Browser to select whether to use the phone's BES or BIS services. Not all BESes are configured to allow internet access and since we have BIS, it's not necessary.
    05-12-11 12:51 PM
    support for 5.1 surround sound (when connecting to a tv with a reciever) via the micro-hdmi would be amazing.
    You actually are trying material with actual 5.1 sound encodes? Im surprised it will not pass whatever the material is encoded with. I have not tried any material with native surround sound audio myself.

Any receiver that can accept HDMI should have surround matrix processing to achieve 5/7+ channels from a stereo source.
    05-12-11 01:01 PM
    Be the fist tablet on the market with a ir in it . So it can be used as a universal remote.
    05-12-11 08:43 PM
    Need :
    - in browser, scroll to top/ scroll to end of page.
    - in browser, gesture/one click to next/previous tab.
    05-13-11 05:17 AM
    - Autocorrect (automatically import the BlackBerry one through bridge if connected and keep them sync'd)
    - Spell checking with suggestions (again, import any additional words on BlackBerry devices through bridge and keep them sync'd)
    - keyboard fixes (make the 123key not sticky... like the BB keyboard), add arrow keys for fine cursor movement (and flash games that don't support touch) and make it more context sensitive (i.e. always have a "/", a "next" or "tab" key and a ".com" key when on a web page)
    - FIX the GPS!!!!
    - battery life (and indicators). I've been panicking that my battery is crap but I ran TWO hour long video's with screen on full brightness once my battery got to 8% in an attempt to fully drain the battery. Its clear that the indicators are faulty.
    - Disable having to unlock BlackBerry for bridge connections. You have to enter the BB password on the PlayBook anyway, so use that. Doing both causes all kinds of issues (BB locking, jiggling in your pocket unlocked causes issues, etc.). If the password is good enough for the PlayBook, it should be good enough for the BB not to need to be unlocked.
    - Fix AppWorld. "Problem during installation" and unable to upgrade between free/paid versions is unacceptable.
    - Put a search function in Adobe Reader. This is supposed to be the pre-eminent Flash (Adobe) platform... why does it have such a crappy reader?
    - Support opening wav files in bridge mode. Many voicemail systems send their messages as wav files. Not being able to open them severely cripples the device.
    - Make a "Screen Lock/Suspend" gesture. I suggest reusing the bezel to bezel swipe gesture. (or make bottom to top and right to left gestures resume it and top to bottom and left to right gestures lock/pause it).
    - Provide an option to open websites in mail application in the main browser instead of the bridge browser if wifi connected (better yet, open any website not on the intranet through the main browser and save the bridge browser for sites on the same domain by default)
    - Pinch to zoom on the mail client!!! At the very least allow different fonts. It's too bloody small for these almost 50 year old eyes. Ditto for the calendar.
    - Cut & Paste for the mail client! Why can't you cut and paste from the mail client? This is especially frustrating because the mail client currently forces you to use the bridge browser for links.
    - Make the browser even more HTML5/flash compatible. Surprisingly, I tried to attend the BlackBerry NDK webcast yesterday and that site crashed the browser. It supports, IE, Netscape, Chrome... it should be able to support the PlayBook. Ditto for chrome.angrybirds.com. It appears that the PlayBook is missing support for WebGL. Add that and Flash 10.3 support.
    - Notifications! You should be able to view calendar notifications like you can with email ones. Ditto for BBM. They are also often flacky and need to be reset on the BlackBerry (i.e. unanswered phone calls result in a notification on the PlayBook you can't reset - for that matter, it would be nice to be able to see those on the PlayBook too).
    - Folders! Enough said
    - Clock application - add some options to change the display (be nice not to have to show those stop watches and make the clock bigger), be able to display the clock when charging
    - file explorer (should be able to view native files but also files on other networked drives and copy/move them around as well as create/delete directories)
    - Setup program - need to be able to swipe past the tutorials! This gets REALLY old the second time you have to see that
    - Icons - make them dynamic! The mail icon should only show the red star when there are unread items, the weather app should show the current weather (sunny, cloudy, snowing, raining, lightning, etc with temperature), AppWorld should show any notifications in MyWorld, PodCasts should show new downloads, FaceBook should show new messages, etc.
    - Get the missing RIM applications on BlackBerry but not yet on PlayBook on this device (Travel, Traffic and Protect)
    - Bluetooth audio support - be able to stream bluetooth audio to BT devices like the BlackBerry can.
    - Phone support. Be able to use the PlayBook as a Bluetooth headset/speakerphone. Use that incoming call notification as a answer button and put it on speakerphone!
    - Bring the new BlackBerry suggestions application to the PlayBook. Its nuts that we have no where to send these suggestions

And my Number One suggestion? This one is easy and doesn't require scarce PlayBook developers but 1-2 regular old BlackBerry developers for a few weeks. CREATE A BLUETOOTH KEYBOARD/MOUSE DRIVER ON THE BLACKBERRY. I envisage an application that you open on your Torch/Bold/Curve that pairs with the PlayBook (or any other BT device needing keyboard/mouse) that would allow you to use the already fantastic keyboard on your BlackBerry as a remote keyboard for your PlayBook. Imagine, leaving your PlayBook connected to the TV through HDMI and using your BlackBerry keyboard to navigate around it. They could even charge for this application and I'm sure most of us would pay $10 for it. Especially if we could use it for our PS/3, XBox, Media Centre PC, etc.
    ubizmo likes this.
    05-13-11 09:27 AM
    browser: audio player is buggy in low badwidth environment. it will stop loading and the cursor jump to the end. it stops playing thereafter.
    05-13-11 08:01 PM
    autocorrect
    make the browser work properly at m.youtube.com
    fix the browser to play quicktime content from apple.
    05-13-11 08:13 PM
    Have a whiteboard app that allows you to either copy to a bridge file or an email in a PDF or BMP format. Connect it to a projector, use it for a meeting and distribute the results.
    05-13-11 08:41 PM
    ok, so im not gonna post the same things as everyone else, most of its a given on whats needed.

1) appworld - i wanna be able to slide between updated/paid/free/new. kinda like the homescreen UI, it feels like i should be able to but i cant
    2) appworld - the ...ed in updated is cut out in portrait, just align it correctly already! (sorry for all you non OCD peeps).
    3) screen - i want the option to keep it on, or failing that audio streaming thru browser to continue (tip - use silent noise multitasked to keep screen on at the mo)
    4) media player - options, i mean like make a new playlist, rename a playlist, that kinda stuff. id love the same functionality of a BB phones music player
    5) pictures - again, same controls as BB OS, properties etc.
    6) profiles - make profiles/tones independant of master volume, i might want my app volume off but tone to be on, isnt possible right now.
    Last edited by BBThemes; 05-13-11 at 09:14 PM.
    05-13-11 09:12 PM
    Native Printing

This would be a real plus. Right now I can of course us wifi to pull my docs into my pc and print from there but this is a big pain.

Spread Sheet

I have to confess that for a company touting their tablet as the first proffesional grade device Sheet To Go should be considered an embarressment. Frankly I would have made heads roll over this issue.

Sheet To Go cannot even be considered a spread sheet app...it does absolutely nothing. I was content to wait on the lag time in developement of apps for the playbook...love it. However I was expecting to at least make temporary walks arounds for app like Time Tracking in the spread sheet program.

Please get on this issue.
    05-14-11 10:20 AM
    I did a search and didn't see this posted yet so...

I think a DVD emulator would be really nice on the PB. Not sure if RIM is still reading through the hundreds of posts on this thread any longer...or anyone else for that matter. But it would be nice to copy some DVD's I have onto my playbook and be able to use the menus. I do Lifeguard certifications and to be able to plug my PlayBook into a TV via the HDMI port and not have to lug around a DVD and player to do this, as well as they have PowerPoint slides which I have already used from the PB and it works great.
    05-15-11 12:26 PM
    So when does this thread get bundled up and sent to RIM?
    Hartikrishna likes this.
    05-15-11 11:20 PM
    Bridge Calendar has errors when displaying in weekly or monthly displays. Improperly displays items on the wrong days.
    Would like to be able to play embedded .wmv or .mpg files that are embedded in powerpoints
    Media player controls are dinky, make them bigger. Album art improperly displays art with the wrong songs....a lot.
    Allow playbook to play movies and files that are BB phone through the bridge.
    Clock should be full screen in bedside mode
    Only had it a few hours, will add more later. Love the UI!
    05-16-11 10:25 AM
    C) Bridging

Wouldn't it be useful to have the Playbook work as a Bluetooth "headset" in order to answer incoming phone calls on our BB phones (ie have audio come out thru playbook's speakers and voice going thru the PB MIC?)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-11 01:47 PM
    my suggestion would be on keyboard please give us japanese language compatibility since my bb 9520 drm i've problem typing in japanese since the os didnt support jap lang keyboard.. at least let me have it on PB
    05-17-11 02:50 AM
    The browser crashing from time to time is really ANNOYING
    05-17-11 02:28 PM
    not sure if anyone has posted this before or not but instead of a bigger tablet (even though the option would be favourable by some) i would really love to see the playbook screen use up a little more of the tablets real estate. There seems to be enough room to increase the screen size a little while retaining sufficient space for bezel gestures.
    05-17-11 08:57 PM
    On a different note does the BB playbook released in UK have a SD card slot?
    Check this post...
    Dixons Pits Blackberry Playbook Against iPad 2 | ITProPortal.com
    05-17-11 09:39 PM
    not sure if anyone has posted this before or not but instead of a bigger tablet (even though the option would be favourable by some) i would really love to see the playbook screen use up a little more of the tablets real estate. There seems to be enough room to increase the screen size a little while retaining sufficient space for bezel gestures.
    Like some of the pre-release reviews, I was not sold on the bezel aspect of the Playbook (some of the reviewers compared the look of the PB to simple digital picture frame viewers). But it has steadily grown on me and I think it may turn out to be one of the PB's distinguishing strengths, and it should become more useful as developers begin to incorporate it into new apps. Also, you have to have some real estate to hold the thing, no matter what the size. Have you noticed the tv and youtube adds for the larger tablets, shot from the user p.o.v.? The guy or gal holds the thing so effortlessly and daintily that it must be made of crepe! It's such a studied, exaggerated effect in the ads that it to me, at least, it produces the opposite from the intended impact, as it looks to me that it would be a real pain in the hands to hold something that big with just the very tips of your fingers. So I don't mind even the non-active parts of the bezel, because you can more comfortably hold the Playbook.
    05-17-11 11:00 PM
    I would love to see a "no camera" option playbook. It wouldn't have to be available in all memory levels just the medium 32 gig level is fine. My job does not allow cameras of any type. I have a no camera 9780 and would love to have a playbook to match!

I just bought a playbook for my wife to use and I'm rather jealous now. We would currently be a two playbook household if there was a no camera option available.
    05-18-11 01:04 AM
    Web Browser pinch to zoom:

Currently it has this weird action. You pinch and zoom but before the zoomed content shows for good, it briefly snaps back to the original size, then zooms. At least on mine it does. Needs to be improved, performance wise.
    05-18-11 01:40 AM
    When an installed app has a new update available in App World, that app should move to the top of the list. It knows one of my apps has an update, but I have to scroll through the list to find the ones that have updates available. Also, maybe a way to organize the list of Installed apps. As it stands now, I'm not sure what their order is drawn from...
    05-18-11 01:51 AM
    Based on my little use on PB, here is my thought:
    1. Find a workaround for 'firewall' issue in Video Chat. I know that security is important, but that will make Video Chat only be available in your home or your own network. Coz WiFi in hotels, airports, cafe, etc will mostly restrict most ports that PB use.
    2. RIM & Adobe seems having a very good relationship. So get the Flash 10.3 in PB already!
    3. The gesture for getting the PB to put into sleep mode instead pressing the power button or wait. (most of us really want this)
    4. BB can have themes, so why can't PB? I know it's on QNX and different from PB, but it will give 'value added features' for most of us.
    5. Have some info on the temperature of the battery (or processor if u can).
    05-18-11 07:03 AM
    Browser

I would like to be able to work on two web pages at them same time. ie) real time streaming currency charts on one half of the screen and my trading account on the other half of the screen. As it is I have to change web pages and can't view both at the same time. The multitasking is perfect otherwise. I love my playbook.
    tharrison4815 likes this.
    05-18-11 07:24 AM
530 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD