Would really like to be able to use Blackberry Travel and BBM Music on my playbook...
    03-02-12 08:26 PM
    I love all the new features of OS 2, but there is always room for improvement. Here is a list of things I would like to see in a future upgrade.

For the next version of the calendar app, it would be great if you could add a new feature that allows you to add short forms and symbols to the upper right quadrant of each calendar day in the month view. This feature could be called 'At-a-Glance'. The purpose would be to quickly indicate recurrent items or other items of interest. For instance displaying pay day every 2 weeks (or whatever interval you set) by displaying a '$' symbol. My wife does shift work, so it would be helpful to display N12 (i.e. night 12 hour shift) or D8 (i.e. day 8 hour shift). This could be set for an interval of a given numbers of days in a row. The font size and colour should be something that is light enough to not make the calendar look to busy. This is the reason my wife has not been able to find a calendar that she could find useful... other than the old fashioned paper kind. She needs to be able to see this kind of info without having to click on each day to see all events for that particular day.

You could also have it automatically place symbols for observed holidays (i.e. Christmas, Easter, St. Patrick’s Day, etc), birthdays and especially anniversaries (would help keep us out of the proverbial dog house) in the bottom right corner. You would have the choice of a particular religion or all religions and country specific holidays. Currently these holidays are synched with my Hotmail account and are displayed as an all day event. This info could be pulled from an existing account or generated on the PlayBook itself.

These options could be turned off or on in the settings section.

I have attached a screenshot of the calendar that has been doctored to show what I mean.

Other things I would like to see:

1) Ability to organize videos into folders like you can in the Pictures app (although currently you can only organize picture folders through your PC)... should be the same look as well (large icons with first four images displayed). Would be great if you could do this on the PlayBook itself like you can for apps on your home screen.

2) The Videos app should remember the last spot you were at for each viewed video.

3) Ability to organize and edit the names of websites for your saved links in the browser... should be the same drag and drop principle for creating folders.

4) Should be able to keep only the docked apps section visible unless you request to see the other apps and folders. I like to keep a clean looking desktop. This should be a setting option. I am tired of constantly having to hide the other folders and apps on my main screen.

5) Would be nice to be able to have more than 6 apps in the icon dock... you could simply swipe left or right to see other apps in this section. Page 70 of the OS 2.0 user guide says this is possible but I have not been able to do this.
    Last edited by Reaver68; 03-18-12 at 08:26 PM.
    donmateo likes this.
    03-18-12 03:06 PM
    1. Dial a number in document and have call routed to bridged phone device.

2. Native Notes

3. Native ToDo

4. Sync ToDo with google task
    03-18-12 04:54 PM
    Improvement? How about just fixing the bugs, like giving me a stable browser that doesn't crash at least once a day?
    03-18-12 06:03 PM
    I wish RIM just did something, say something, made some update available.

And not in 2013.
    03-18-12 06:05 PM
    All the above + integrated Skype on Facebook
    03-18-12 07:48 PM
    Apologies. Somehow, I posted this in the wrong place.

I've found links in this thread for Blogger and Olive Tree's Biblereader. Blogger I found in several posts, Biblereader in a sig link to a list of bar files. But all the download links don't work. Some are MegaUpload, still held by the feds. Some no longer allowing public DLs, thanks to MegaUploads problems, and a MediaFire link that seems to no longer be valid. Does anyone have working links to bar files for these two? A good Bible study system and a blogging tool that works well and could be used offline are the two things to make the Playbook my "must have" device. Thanks.
    Last edited by kraski; 03-21-12 at 08:23 AM.
    03-21-12 07:51 AM
    Stop showing TAT tesers and release some of them for once!
    03-21-12 10:23 AM
    make the f*cking files transfer faster.

i'm sitting here waiting for a file to transfer. I've got it plugged in via USB.

It's going 800KB/s
    03-24-12 01:58 AM
    Web Browser
    The ability to scroll to the top in a click or a gesture without always scrolling and scrolling to the top like forever....

Music
    Make playlists and name them instead of having a default PlayBook Playlist.
    03-24-12 02:20 AM
    Improvements
    Battery life
    Charging time
    Load Time for apps
    Boot up time
    Easier copy paste feature
    More options (scrolling speed, notifications, typing input speed, etc.)
    More multi-gesture feature (web scrolling with the black edges)
    Sluggish keyboard input
    Fix the issue with bbm not bridging with special characters
    Camera

Those name the ones that come to the top of my head. I didn't even touch on the apps because that's too obvious. But I'm not an app crazy guy so just getting Skype would help.
    donmateo likes this.
    04-04-12 04:23 PM
    Pictures
    - need scroll bar (going through 1k++ pictures by stroking the PB up and down gives me a headache and it's not very productive)

Videos
    - with folder view option
    - need scroll bar

File Manager
    - tree view and/or folder view (having everything jumble in one single page looks messy)
    - need scroll bar

Keyboard
    - prefer to have the layout with numbers on top all the time (username comes with number too nowadays)
    - no ability to hold Caps Lock

Browser
    - crash a lot

YouTube
    - takes forever to load (browser youtube load faster... something is wrong)

Camera
    - Speed Improved, but i feel RIM can do better...

Calculator
    - Need to have %� instead of % (with %� i can just key in 100-10%�=90, with % i have to key in 100X10%=10 and with the answer i have to key in 100-10=90)
    - if you key in 100-10% you get 99.9??? (maybe my maths is poor)

Texas Instruments WL1283 GPS/WLAN/Bluetooth/FM
    - WL1283 chip is great wifi on/off is there, bluetooth on/off is there, FM??? GPS??? where is the on/off? (could this be the battery drainer)

Volume Button
    - can we have the ability to hold it down instead of clicking for every step up/down in volume (i worry about the button lifespan)
    04-26-12 10:53 PM
    Can we have OTG for next update too... Thank you in advance.
    04-27-12 08:52 PM
    Native Apps
    Up to Date full functioning MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)

Bridge
    Full functioning Bridge to use and see everything on the BB phone.
    04-29-12 03:38 PM
    I wanna see an anti-troll detector built in. If you are the troll...poof you're gone. If someone else is the troll poof they're gone. Oh yeah how about an not relevant comparison eliminator as well. That would be great to have. Then there could be the useless duplicate app detector. I can think of a ton of things I'd like to see added to the PlayBook. Can't you.

Come on give this dear sweet infant a break and let it grow up.
    04-29-12 09:02 PM

Calculator
    - Need to have %� instead of % (with %� i can just key in 100-10%�=90, with % i have to key in 100X10%=10 and with the answer i have to key in 100-10=90)
    - if you key in 100-10% you get 99.9??? (maybe my maths is poor)
    Your math is poor. Or perhaps just you calculator-fu is weak.

On all calculators, using the % function is a bit tricky. 100 - 10% is the same as 100 - .1. That because that's what 10% is: .1. Therefore, 100 - 10% = 99.9. What is implied here, is that this is 100 - (10% of 1), which is indeed 99.9.

If one wanted to calculate 100 less 10% of 100, that would be either:

100 - 10% x 100 = 90 or
    90% x 100 = 90.

When using the percent key, think of it as, for example "50% of what" The "of" is multiplication, just like saying 1/2 of 50 is 25 is the same as 1/2 x 50=25.

This is pretty standard, and a %� could be added, I suppose, but should not replace the % key.
    04-30-12 02:21 AM
    A default mute shortcut.
    12-25-12 08:56 PM
    A default mute shortcut.
    Doesn't the middle button between Vol Up and Vol Down mute? You mean a swipe gesture?
    12-25-12 11:48 PM
    It would be nice if there was an on-screen volume slider right under the brightness slider.

The buttons are OK, but if you're using the PlayBook case they're hard to press.
    12-26-12 12:24 AM
    How about you grow a set a balls, finish what you started and set the rest of them on their associated like you are supposed do. Oh yeah I got 2500 pictures, when I take a picture and want to attach it to an email, it takes forever to get to the bottom of the page. That's where the new ones go
    09-04-13 07:56 PM
    There are a few ways you can quickly attach pictures to emails depending on your needs. The easiest is open the email then click on Attachments. It will go to File Manager. Click on Pictures. It goes to the First Pictures by default. To go to the very end of these where the latest pictures are you enter a period (.) in the search and then backspace delete it. Sweep away the keyboard and you'll see the most recent picture at the very last. Scroll up from there to get the next oldest ones. If you want to go right back to the very oldest from there then one direct way is to enter a comma (,). Then backspace delete it and you'll be back at the top oldest pictures. (In fact, in File Manager most letters and numbers keyed into the search and then backspace deleted will take you to the newest pictures and most punctuation and a couple of Capital Letters like Q and Z deleted will take you to the oldest.)

If you want more than one picture sent to the email, select each, one after the other, in the order you want them to appear in the email. As you select them the Attachment(s) button in File Manager will indicate the number you've selected. The upper limit for email attachments in Gmail or Hotmail I've noticed is about 25 MB (I've sent about 40 pics). Something sent that large will be slow mailing, though.

Everyone probably has pictures with a combination of names or dates so the following suggestions will need to be changed to reflect different search needs.

If you're looking for some pictures somewhere in the many you may be able to narrow them down for searching. For instance, they may have been date stamped and you can try a search like this in File Manager:

For something shot in the year 2012: First click on Pictures. Then click the Search Icon. Then enter 2012 into the search box.This will take you to the Beginning of all (and only) those pictures that have 2012 as part of their name.

If you want to start at the Ending of all your Pictures with 2012 in the name then:
    First click the Search Icon. Then click Pictures. Then enter 2012 into the search box.

More specifically you could try 201305 for the pictures shot in May, 2013.

If you go directly to File Manager any of the above can also be used for deleting pictures.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-05-13 09:04 PM
    Snow-stipple

It should never have been that convoluted but your suggestions can help. Even some folder management like they did provide in the Photo/Pic app would have helped. But it will not be fixed anymore.
    09-05-13 11:01 PM
    Snow-stipple

It should never have been that convoluted but your suggestions can help. Even some folder management like they did provide in the Photo/Pic app would have helped. But it will not be fixed anymore.
    I agree. Someone in PB development must've wondered what was the sense of having to repeatingly look for pics in the picstack.
    09-05-13 11:31 PM
    I agree. Someone in PB development must've wondered what was the sense of having to repeatingly look for pics in the picstack.
    It is beyond my imagination that no one ran into this as an obstacle during the 1st year or so. So many missing pieces.
    09-06-13 12:20 AM
    I was thinking that posting to this thread would be a waste of time. I thought I had been thorough and new most capabilities. Opened my eyes. I have emailed a lot of pictures with my 9780 or sent by text. I tried to attach a picture to a text from PB with no luck. I fab and install counter tops, so I email pics quite often. This is very helpful thank you very much.
    09-06-13 12:27 AM
530 ... 19202122
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD