The more I use the Playbook, the more frustrating I find the bezel "minimise" gesture and the "change application" gesture. I'm constantly catching the edge of the bezel when playing games, it's so badly thought out.

This could so easily be fixed by requiring a two-finger bezel swipe to minimise or change apps, because one-finger swiping happens in so many apps and games, it's too easy to catch the bezel.
    Happens to me a lot when playing Air Hockey...very annoying!
    06-15-11 04:34 PM
    I compiled a full list over on the blackberry support forum but i haven't gone through all these posts yet. but if someone is willing to help me update my current list with these requests so we can have them on the playbook support forums that would be awesome.

The link to it: Re: Future Things We Want Rim To Fix On The Playbo... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    06-15-11 06:01 PM
    A couple of things I can suggest, if they haven't been mentioned (not on the list I've read):

Playbook should remember orientation settings after being turned back on. It should also remember the Bookmark settings - and not default to ICONS if you have changed to LIST.
    msevinsky likes this.
    06-15-11 09:15 PM
    Browser:

We absolutely need to be able to change the browser ID if we need to, to IE, Firefox, etc. Some websites including banks and trading firms restrict some of their services for flash supporting browsers. BB has included this feature on other phones in the past and I assumed it would be on the playbook. Without this feature, I am left to the mercy of slow to move IT people that may or may not add the playbook browser to access their services.

This is the biggest Fail of all in the playbook, as Mike promised "uncompromised" browsing, not "uncompromised browsing if the web site chooses to let you access their flash services." I will die and go to heaven when this is feature is added to the browser. Does anyone else agree that this is a very needed feature?
    06-15-11 11:44 PM
    Browser:

We absolutely need to be able to change the browser ID if we need to, to IE, Firefox, etc. Some websites including banks and trading firms restrict some of their services for flash supporting browsers. BB has included this feature on other phones in the past and I assumed it would be on the playbook. Without this feature, I am left to the mercy of slow to move IT people that may or may not add the playbook browser to access their services.

This is the biggest Fail of all in the playbook, as Mike promised "uncompromised" browsing, not "uncompromised browsing if the web site chooses to let you access their flash services." I will die and go to heaven when this is feature is added to the browser. Does anyone else agree that this is a very needed feature?
    I completely agree.
    06-16-11 05:07 PM
    Browser:

... This is the biggest Fail of all in the playbook, as Mike promised "uncompromised" browsing, not "uncompromised browsing if the web site chooses to let you access their flash services." I
    I'm not sure if that is the Biggest fail - but a big fail = yes.

I find the whole concept went wrong - a device promoted as being a "professional grade" device - completely lacking the consistency and competitive applications that would be expected in 2011... Back in 1990 we might would have accepted these type of flaws... but not today.

RIM has officially said many times, that when it comes down to application - that quality outperforms quantity. I agree - if only it were true....
    Look what we got now - apps showing a bluescreen error on the Playbook ... yea - a real professional app... and - all those RSS readers... how many works? I mean - apps are freezing up, UI lagging, useless buttons etc... Where is the "professional" quality control in AppWorld???

Don't get me wrong - of course there should be space for ANY application - but - I would have expected something more from RIM....
    I would have expected RIM to already have pushed apps like Skype, G-mail clients (mail And Docs), Evernote, Flipboard, Early Edition, Plex client, All those apps people love so much - that makes them use their tablet instead of Laptop. All we have now - is a lame attempt of bringing some few apps from Blackberry phones via Bridge - a solution that sounded ok - but ended up being a huge frustration with apps locking up, deleting a mail takes 20-30 seconds etc... not good... NOT a professional solution!

I would also expect RIM to include same level of user-friendliness as the BB phones currently have -including encryption and data-safety, alert options, - and options in general.. like ability to use ANY MP3 file as Alarm sound,...
    so many many things... it's like its not tied together yet

I have not sold my Playbook yet - I still have a tiny hope that RIM put their act together soon, but - I am also happy that my Ipad2 still works so that I can read the news, read and write e-mails and watch a video from anywhere I am...
    06-16-11 08:40 PM
    and AMEN! also would like to bridge with my droid.
    06-18-11 07:28 AM
    Apps needed:

Evernote
    Google search
    Pulse
    Hootsuite
    Tungle improvements including contacts, email, to do
    also would like to bridge with my droid.

You're kidding, right?
    06-18-11 09:55 AM
    1. it would be nice for the video app to allow you to organize your media into folders.

2. it would be nice to list videos by filename.

3. it would be great that the last video you are watching and then close the application and re open would remember where in the video you left off to resume.
    06-19-11 10:11 AM
    ... I have been considering purchasing a blackbook since they came out. however, even through i trust crackberry, i have wanted to touch the tablet and play with it for a bit. So I went right over to Bestbuy and tried to find one. Found one, got all excited, and the playbook didn't even work. UGH.
    So, naturally i went over to radio shack, since they are listed as retailers. Guess what? radio shack doesn't even carry the darn thing in store, they just wanted you to order it without ever seeing it.
    So a couple days later i try best buy again. to my surprise, the thing still has an error message on it. I then go to ANOTHER bestbuy the next day and it also has an error message about the network and it won't let you get out of the message. If the demo's never work, why would anyone spend $500???????

4-strikes...... i'm out.
    06-20-11 06:38 AM
    Next up on my list of demands! Auto wifi sync. The Playbook (and BlackBerry phones too) should automatically try and sync my music and videos from my computer when plugged in for charging and connected to wifi.
    06-20-11 06:58 AM
    I'd like the ability to view portrait pictures in portrait when turning to portrait view.
    06-21-11 09:39 AM
    In App World, when you go to "My World" you should be able to pull up the keyboard, hit a letter and it will take you to the first app that begins with that letter. Comes in handy when you have a ton of apps installed LOL
    06-21-11 09:44 AM
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but when navigating tabs in the browser it would be extremely helpful if you could close a tab by flicking up on the tab, much like you do an app. Tapping the tiny 'x' is very tedious and often takes a couple tries.
    Last edited by bulls2213; 06-21-11 at 11:17 AM.
    06-21-11 11:11 AM
    Since the PB has full multi touch gesture recognition, can't RIM make multitouch gestures for the browser? For example a two finger swipe from right to left to go back a page etc.
    killa4luv likes this.
    06-21-11 03:54 PM
    Two big things I would like to see dealing with Bridging:

1) The ability to open links in emails using bridge browser (at my work we email links to intranet sites all the time, and currently have to copy the link, open bridge browser, and paste it there)

2) Ability to access network shares in Bridge Files - my BlackBerry can do it, why can't the Playbook?
    06-22-11 08:39 AM
    Folders on the homescreen and the ability to organise bookmarks in the browser is all I can ask for at the moment.
    06-22-11 09:17 AM
    I've only had my PB for a few days. I just read through this entire thread, and the most discouraging thing is that the various suggestions to recreate the BB text entry experience (auto-text, smart caps/punctuation, etc) are still not implemented! The process of typing text on the PB is a large step backward from any other device I've tried in recent memory.

And I agree with those who suggested that there should be some option to fetch the word substitution entries from the BB, possibly via DM, or possibly via Bridge.

The problem of so few apps is a dicey one. I'm still deciding whether to keep this thing. Kindle still isn't here, and it's one of the main apps that I want. Amazon hints that it's coming, but since it was promised last September, it seems that there should have been more pressure to get it done.

The native podcast app lacks some of the functionality of the one on my 9780. Why?

When we delete home screen stuff that we don't need, such as AOL mail, etc., they shouldn't come back after each OS update. If they must come back, have a "hide" option, as on the BB.
    06-22-11 10:05 AM
    I'd love to be able to switch from browsing via wifi to the bridge browser. If connected via bridge, how about a notification if you lose wifi, the option to open the same url in the bridge browser. whilst having he enable/disable ability in the options menu. thx
    06-22-11 01:20 PM
    The Playbook needs a push email client that supports Gmail and Hotmail. Google and iOS have them built in free of charge, I don't see how the Playbook can not have it.
    Last edited by Megacharge; 06-24-11 at 10:59 AM.
    killa4luv likes this.
    06-24-11 10:57 AM
    Software Issue:

Another thing that needs to be corrected or implemented on a future update would be the ability to attach a video taken with the PB to an email located in a BB while using the bridge. It can not be done, I contacted the PB support personnel and after various trouble shooting, the answer was: "At this time the PB is not capable to attach a video using the bridge connectivity, maybe sometime in the future"
    06-24-11 08:41 PM
    Suggestions to RIM for Playbook improvement...

to **** with having to choose from 16, 32, or 64GB versions.

add Dual microSD card slots.
    06-25-11 09:46 AM
    Many things on here are just nitpicking and aren't practical. SD card slots? Cloud computing is changing the need for real physical memory anymore, SD cards will be a dead technology within a few years. My 16gig PB can access Cloud sites and have as much memory as I want or am willing to pay for in the Cloud. No one ever heard of Amazon Cloud Player, Sugarsync, Dropbox, etc? Only one of those have apps, but you can access to the sites to the others. Bingo, cloud memory, no need for SD cards.

Native or push email services? On a WiFi only device? It makes no sense and I keep reading the same nonsense with it being some huge flaw? For whom? Did anyone honestly buy their tablets bc it had Native or push emails? Who? As if that was ever a deciding factor.

So in reality, you leave a WiFi hotpsot, guess what, you will be unable to access your email due to no internet connection!!! Thats why Bridge is such a brilliant app, to keep you PB connected at all times to your BB, sharing its internet data.

My biggest gripe right now is that Netflix and Hulu are blocked? Not bc I would use them that much on my PB, but whats the point? Why would these companies intentionally penalize people just for using a PB? It just seems really wrong...
    06-25-11 07:06 PM
    Many things on here are just nitpicking and aren't practical. SD card slots? Cloud computing is changing the need for real physical memory anymore, SD cards will be a dead technology within a few years. My 16gig PB can access Cloud sites and have as much memory as I want or am willing to pay for in the Cloud. No one ever heard of Amazon Cloud Player, Sugarsync, Dropbox, etc? Only one of those have apps, but you can access to the sites to the others. Bingo, cloud memory, no need for SD cards.
    And with wireless data providers charging exorbitantly high fees for data access, don't for one minute everyone will stick their head in the cloud and forget physical memory.

Also, let's say I want to take some photos I just shot with my camera and upload them to said fluffy white cloud. How am I going to do that? Pop the memory card and stick it into my PB perhaps to upload via WiFi or data?

When I store things locally on my computer, I don't have to worry if the cloud blows away for a little while. I have full access to my data. If the power is out, I can keep using my laptop, with all my data.

I don't think the cloud will replace local storage any time soon.
    06-25-11 07:30 PM
530 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD