Left and right bezel can be also used as going up and down on the web pages.
    06-10-11 04:14 AM
    RIM really blew it here by following the crowd and deviating from the things that made their phones stand out and preferred by many - physical keys..
    Great idea - we should be able to pair a BlackBerry smartphone with the Playbook and use it as a Bluetooth keyboard!
    06-10-11 07:54 AM
    Allow you to click on the name of a developer within App World so that you can see the other apps that they have published.
    06-10-11 12:55 PM
    While I think most concerns/items I'd wanted have been mentioned (e.g., autotext/word substitution!!), here's one thought:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, in addition to various bridged "apps" being available on the PB to use in conjunction with your BB (email, BBM, contacts, etc.), I had thougth that the "bridge" feature would essentially serve as a larger screen/keyboard (extension, if you will) of your phone? In this way, we could use ALL the features/apps we have on our phones without the need to have them developed for the PB. For example, while I do use BBM a lot, I actually use SMS and other msging apps (whatsapp/liveprofile) more and with a larger number of people (what can I say, I know too many iphone and android people), so having only bridged BBM on the PB still causes me to use my phone more than my PB. I know whatsapp/liveprofile/sms are usually tied to a phone (#) and not just a device (why you can't use them from any computer, like msn), so this bridged screen/keyboard feature could easily solve that problem. Still secure, because once you exit the bridge, you'd exit that app as well.

AND, if ^ is able to be done, how about routing phone calls through the PB as well? I can easily use my headset to answer calls... I travel a lot, so while going to/from work I don't have my PB with me (I live a short walk away), when traveling, I carry it to catch up on work email/watch video/read books/etc---it would be great not to have to keep constantly pulling out my phone to answer txts and phone calls! Honestly, if it had these features, I'd probably barely use my phone, other than for, *gasp* actual phone calls!
    06-10-11 03:17 PM
    Not sure how good a call would sound after going over the cell network to your bb, then via bluetooth to the PB and then again via bluetooth to your headset. Simply allowing a popup to have your BB answer the call which your headset is also associated with would be a better idea, IMO. No need for the extra jump through the PB.
    06-10-11 04:04 PM
    i am having trouble connecting my 9800 bbm to playbook
    06-11-11 08:30 AM
    it is 1 week am i am pzzled tried all the updates and gt the icon on playbook and it is also showing there is a bbm on my playbook but when i open bbm the green circle just stalls
    06-11-11 08:31 AM
    Fix the BBM I need my groups, I need to be able to do every thing my phone allows me to do. also an indicator to let me know who is using a playbook.
    The playbook needs its own pin so that run independently from the phone via wifi for the non blackberry phone users.
    I need a calander that I can use when not connected to the phone and can sync when ever the phone is connected.
    The ability to email or txt pics while viewing (txt is phone is sync).
    06-11-11 07:56 PM
    Fix the BBM I need my groups, I need to be able to do every thing my phone allows me to do. also an indicator to let me know who is using a playbook.
    The playbook needs its own pin so that run independently from the phone via wifi for the non blackberry phone users.
    I need a calander that I can use when not connected to the phone and can sync when ever the phone is connected.

Here is my "+1" to all of that!!

+And - we also NEED a standalone e-mail app that handles Gmail properly - let us either delete/archive and/or modify labels on the mail...

+Standalone addressbook/contacts that can Import contacts from Gmail - and also Sync to Gmail

If the standalone app dont include some sort of Gmail integration - it is a FAIL from the beginning.....

I really wonder Why RIM started out calling the device for a "professional grade" device... did they mean a "Professional Gaming device"???????
    06-11-11 08:04 PM
    The PB already has its own pin and will support native BBM in an OS update.
    06-11-11 10:16 PM
    Really need the ability to scroll through text to edit/delete words etc. copy paste function needs a better shortcut. A small trackball function should be added to keyboard!
    06-12-11 11:47 AM
    1. There's no way to interact with popup web menus. For example on Boots.com you can mouse-over categories and select from the drop down, but this doesn't work on the PlayBook because you can't mouse-over items.
    Actually, there is a way. If you swipe down on the menu item, you will see the popup menu. It has been working this way since the PB was released!

I tried on the boots.com website, and it worked like a charm!
    cfoxx likes this.
    06-12-11 02:01 PM
    Actually, there is a way. If you swipe down on the menu item, you will see the popup menu. It has been working this way since the PB was released!

Yep, confirmed that it works as well.
    cfoxx likes this.
    06-12-11 02:20 PM
    A) Screen: Change Standby Timeout settings so that there is an option to turn off the timeout, so that when you're outputting streaming content via HDMI to your TV you don't have to keep tapping the screen to keep the content playing.

B) Allow the creation of folders on the home screen to organize apps and web shortcuts into groups.

Love the PlayBook!
    06-12-11 02:32 PM
    Can they add support PPTP or SSTP VPNs?
    06-13-11 11:48 AM

You're right - I didn't think this. Thank you so much for the tip.
    06-13-11 05:09 PM
    All I want is an in app menu like my 9700 where I can post certain things to Facebook or Twitter as well as a native file browser.
    06-13-11 06:13 PM
    Sim/pin sharing

The Bluetooth protocol allows a device to share it's sum card connection information, allowing a second device, like a gsm playbook to connect using the same account

And if the playbook would share the pin/blackberry Id for bbm and pin chat and stuff

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-11 09:50 PM
    i know its already in the main list but want reiterate that adding ms sliverlight would be a great addition to the browser.... cant view certain key sites like online tv from my carrier.. gf is considering picking one up over the ipad and this is a show stopper. oh yeah and spell correct would be awesome too.
    06-13-11 11:22 PM
    Here is my "+1" to all of that!!

+And - we also NEED a standalone e-mail app that handles Gmail properly - let us either delete/archive and/or modify labels on the mail...

+Standalone addressbook/contacts that can Import contacts from Gmail - and also Sync to Gmail

If the standalone app dont include some sort of Gmail integration - it is a FAIL from the beginning.....

I really wonder Why RIM started out calling the device for a "professional grade" device... did they mean a "Professional Gaming device"???????
    I couldn't have said it better myself. What rankles me is that there are some people who are quick to defend RIM and have the temerity to suggest that there's nothing wrong with it as it stands. Just because loyal users are willing to call out a company and suggest they step up their game doesn't mean we don't like their products.
    06-13-11 11:27 PM
    Again, folders and silverlight

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-11 11:46 PM
    I couldn't have said it better myself. What rankles me is that there are some people who are quick to defend RIM and have the temerity to suggest that there's nothing wrong with it as it stands. Just because loyal users are willing to call out a company and suggest they step up their game doesn't mean we don't like their products.
    Thanx! Good to know I'm not the only one.......

I don't doubt that the Playbook is a decent piece of hardware - but - without software it is nothing... And not only available apps makes the device- but also the user experience - consistency etc...

For me - the Playbook don't look like a RIM supported device at all... As if they have not done any research about How people use / want to use devices..
    F.ex -while viewing a website - why make it so difficult to send the pagelink as e-mail - or to other services such as Twitter etc...Even the Blackberry Phones do that...
    When viewing pictures on the Playbook - of course we need to get some more fileinformation - not possible on the Playbook - but all BB phones can...

So - my big question is: Did RIM build the Playbook - or is it just something they picked up on a far east trip?

The sadest part - is that it was not clearly communicated that the device was so un-supported by apps - and charging Premium cost for a beta device does not sell confidence.

Only thing RIM can do to save the Playbook - and perhaps some customers - is to step up and put not only more developers on the job - but overseeing and make sure that the userinterface is consistent and vary from app to app...

And they also really need to get some help with AppWorld, especially since Playbook currently require AppWorld for apps.
    I have been trying out many many apps... 100+ from AppWorld - and most of them were either not working, or did not do what it said it would, or was just some crappy test apps that some developer put out there probably to try and get his/her free device..... All these apps downloaded is saved in AppWorld - even after un-installed. So after a wipe and you want to re-install the good apps - you have to remember all the names and go through the list of 100+ apps showing as "uninstalled"... Geeeezzzzeee...

And last - also a AppWorld issue that I really don't understand... Not only Playbook issue, but also for BB phones.
    I have installed some apps while I was home in Miami,
    .. then I take my "Professional" device and travel to the Caribbean - whilst there I need to grab an update for the app I have, but - AppWorld now refuse - saying the app is not available for the current profile etc etc...
    Some apps are released first/only for some regions of the planet - canada/north america -and they use IP location to determine where you are..
    So - Even if you have office and normally work from one part - they refuse to let you download updates to the same apps while travelling...
    Even Apple do this better - As long as you are registered with your US address and credit card - it does not matter for them Where you are in the world when downloading.

For me - to call the Playbook with its services for "Professional" is more of an insult than anything else.
    06-14-11 08:27 AM
    Can we please add this to the next update! Everything is present on the playbook just fails to work. Its so annoying finding something on the playbook and not being able to send to your bb phone via bridge (like an image). Not having the capability to send SMS/MMS from the playbook, not so many people want to view images from their email. But lets get the more import things first, email client, word correction, etc.
    06-14-11 06:44 PM
    it would be convenient to have the option to launch apps from within app world much like it does in original bbOS.
    msevinsky likes this.
    06-14-11 10:09 PM
    The more I use the Playbook, the more frustrating I find the bezel "minimise" gesture and the "change application" gesture. I'm constantly catching the edge of the bezel when playing games, it's so badly thought out.

This could so easily be fixed by requiring a two-finger bezel swipe to minimise or change apps, because one-finger swiping happens in so many apps and games, it's too easy to catch the bezel.
    killa4luv likes this.
    06-15-11 07:43 AM
530 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD