A thing I find annoying is when sending a picture through bbm it doesnt separate in to folders, it just shows all your pictures. I have thousands on it and when I take a screenshot it gets sent to the bottom of the list and I have to scroll. It's a small fix but extremely annoying...unless I'm just noobing right now and theres a setting for that

(speaking of which! there arent enough settings...Ive started to miss the blackberry button options menu...perhaps holding down with two fingers would bring it up)
    05-08-11 10:02 PM
    When using the RIM Playbook case, the buttons are nearly impossible to press, especially the power button.

Why not duplicate the buttons on the screen next to the clock?
    05-08-11 11:53 PM
    I did a search and someone has mentioned email here, as I've mentioned it elsewhere.

But as I use some additional apps, Bing, for instance, it also needs pinch/zoom. I was looking over the Restaurant/Cuisine list. They are quite small and hitting the correct one with a finger is just not that easy, at least, for me. And there is no way to make the target text larger for easier striking. Either that or some magnifying glass app. There are similar instances in other locations - hitting X marks the spot when trying to close a Tab in the Browser also could use some enlargement.
    05-09-11 12:02 AM
    I have noticed a few additional points:

When the device is bridged the power consumption is high, almost finished my battery overnight.

The PB does not go in sleep mode well as I have noticed at times even after it being unsed for over 5 mins, does not go in sleep mode.

There are a few times my PB will not charge. I need to shutdown the device and reboot it and then it will start to charge.

There should be folders available to store icons so the screen is managable.
    in Brdiged mode BBM groups do not get displayed on PB

The chat in PB is not as comfortable as in BB as I am still searching for the menu.
    05-09-11 06:13 AM
    Another one I missed is adding proxy server and port. In organization like ours we authenticate users who can browse the internet and there is no way I can authenticate my PB while in office.
    05-09-11 06:14 AM
    I think everuyone's suggesytions were great. Especially just basic bb functions. If you are bridged then you should have access to everypart of your phone. But I will like everyone to sound off on this so that Rim will take this into serious consideration. Well we have heard over the week of RIM and Microsoft working together. Android apps will soon be working on the playbook. Did RIM choose the wrong video chat set up? First as I have looked at the 2011 bb lineup a front facing camera is not the norm on all new equipmet So unless you have playbook no videop chat. Why not facetime? Apple has facetime on everyrthing and would allow playbook owners with millions of potential contacts. The reason I have asked this because of a article I read this morning. "RIM could have developed the PlayBook to be able to chat with all of the various Apple devices if it had chosen to. Apple created FaceTime as an open standard for video chat, and third-parties like RIM are welcome to use it." That was a direct quote from the article. So if RIM does not instsall dual cameras has a norm for 2011 phones then i feel videochat will not get used as much. So lets put RIM in motion to get facetime up and running on our devices and playbook. If not I think this could comne back to hurt market share. Thats alll that ipad users know. Angry birds and facetime.
    05-09-11 09:55 AM
    When you are using the keyboard and go to caps, it defaults back to lowercase after one character, which is fine because if you want more you can capslock or just hold down on the caps for as long as you need. But when you switch to symbols on your keyboard, there it stays until you switch back to regular text. The thing is the overwhleming majority of symbols use is for the old apostrophe or quotes, or parenthesis, instances when you need the symbol for only one character. Over time, it would save a lot of time if the default was back-to-regular-text after the entry of a symbol character. Nit.
    laker072 and ubizmo like this.
    05-09-11 01:39 PM
    Folders Please!! RIM Jus Give Us Folders I Am Dying...
    CrackMachine likes this.
    05-09-11 02:58 PM
    When you are using the keyboard and go to caps, it defaults back to lowercase after one character, which is fine because if you want more you can capslock or just hold down on the caps for as long as you need. But when you switch to symbols on your keyboard, there it stays until you switch back to regular text. The thing is the overwhleming majority of symbols use is for the old apostrophe or quotes, or parenthesis, instances when you need the symbol for only one character. Over time, it would save a lot of time if the default was back-to-regular-text after the entry of a symbol character. Nit.
    If you hold down the caps button for just slightly longer than an instant, it locks in caps mode until you tap it again.

But I agree, it seems that there should be a more intuitive way to handle symbols and special characters. I think that will become much more tolerable though when we get auto-correct across the board!

I still want access to SMS over the bridge. I never use BBM, but I do use SMS frequently.
    05-09-11 05:19 PM
    I think the problem comes from it being both the Symbol key and the Numberpad key. While I agree with symbols turning off after one, the same can't be said for the number pad. I think they should split it and replace the INT'l keyboard selector with one of the functions. How often are people switching languages?

On a side note, I like the PB's number/symbol keyboard better than the iPad's. I prefer the number layout like it is on a BB keyboard rather than the 4th row layout that iOS uses. Seems to be a lot easier to use.
    laker072 likes this.
    05-09-11 05:45 PM
    So when I'm watching a movie on the playbook, I typically just watch it in small chunks but because of this, I have to leave the video player open so I don't lose my spot. Thus eating RAM up and consciesly trying not to close the app on accident. So we need a book mark app for the video player so we can close the app and come back for later
    05-10-11 12:02 AM
    First i am very thankful that my previous suggestion regarding tab focus was implemented in 1868.

My current issue is that any given tab that spawns a new tab creates it at the end of the sequence. The result is that closing that tab drops you back one tab to a different place that where you started. this is evident in using Google reader.

if the new tab were to spawn directly after the tab that spawned it, closing the tab would drop you back to where you started. Alternatively, if they would implement a close tab gesture, and return directly to the tab that spawned it (by keeping track of tabs created by link jumps).

Not that I'm complaining, I'm just saying...
    05-10-11 12:09 AM
    I have spent the first couple of hours with my new Playbook, here are my suggestions:

App World

- It should be possible to launch Apps directly from "My world" in the App World. For example by touching the app icon.
    - Release date and last update should be visible when showcasing an app.
    - Scrolling through the lists of apps is a bit laggy, this needs improvement.

Pictures

- When opening the additional menu, there should be an option that allows the user to directly send the picture as part of an e-mail. I hope something like this will be implemented as soon as the native email-client has been released.
    - If I was allowed to create individual folders in the pictures app, it would greatly enhance its functionality.

Home Screen

- Again: Folders! I'd really like to group apps together in different folders, because as for now, "All-Favorites-Media-Games-(Bridge)" doesn't allow for much differentiation.
    - What about live wallpapers? I know they are just gimmicks, but I would appreciate them.

Performance

-Power consumption when on standby is rather high. I feel like I have to recharge it mostly for NOT using it! I don't know if this is a general problem with all the playbooks, or if only some of them are affected.

After spending some more time with the device, and reading some of the suggestions here:

Touch controls:

-A special gesture to set the device on standby would be nice.
    -Scrolling by swiping down or up on the bezel would be sooooo useful. I find the whole "touch bezel" a great thing, this would make it even better

Buttons:

-When pressing the volume rocker, there should be a "Click" odr "beep" sound, that in addition to the volume bar (which goes up or down) indicates that the volume has changed.

As for now, that's all.

I apologize for any mistakes, please consider that my mother language isn't english.
    Last edited by Hartikrishna; 05-11-11 at 01:30 PM.
    05-10-11 06:06 AM
    good suggestions.
    05-10-11 12:21 PM
    here are my suggestions:

[MEDIA]
    - MKV support
    - UPNP support
    - subtitles support
    - Bookmarking video
    - send/receive files by bluetooth
    - ability to sort videos by folder
    - native internet radio app (with save function)
    - standalone player for swf files

[HOME]
    - folders
    - live wallpapers

[DEVICE]
    - charging when turned off
    - gesture to turn screen off
    - USB Host

[APPS]
    - Google Apps
    - BB Apps (email, calendar and mostly Social Feeds)
    - ePub reader
    - Graphic.ly
    - Posterous
    - Evernote
    - etc etc etc
    05-11-11 04:33 AM
    Scrolling by swiping the bezels.
    05-11-11 10:06 AM
    RIM needs to add photo/video editing into the OS!!
    05-11-11 11:57 AM
    BROWSER

Fix the closing browser issue -.-
    05-11-11 04:38 PM
    If you have not marked email read and delete it the PB leaves a notification envelope
    05-11-11 05:23 PM
    support for 5.1 surround sound (when connecting to a tv with a reciever) via the micro-hdmi would be amazing.
    05-11-11 06:38 PM
    First of all, the Playbook has dual stereo speakers and the ipad does not. O.K?
    as to what to improve:
    1. Camera: the camera does not have a flash and it would help with some low light photos.
    2. Web: the fact we get the full web is nice but if we could download from the web it would be very nice.
    3. Movie Downloads: This is the one thing that would be nice because even though I loaded up 4 movies for travel it would be nice to be able to download them to the device.
    05-11-11 08:47 PM
    i noticed i cant access certain websites when using login accounts, it shows network error. A few websites get stuck that requires to close the browser and reopen them again. Needs a improvement with the proximity sensor, still a little slow. Also we need more apps a.s.a.p , im bored without having real apps. :rolleyes
    05-11-11 09:31 PM
    Well so far no real complaints, loving it. I do however wish the typing corrections/predictions gets implanted soon.
    For improvements. I wish they had a better way to see what apps were running in the background (such as Facebook). Perhaps add a new gesture that would allow you to swipe down on the live windows (like when your able to scroll/swipe around all the active app windows). Sending it into a new bar section, perhaps called, "active" (like were the: ALL, FAVORITE, MEDIA, GAMES, & BB BRiDGE is).
    Well that's just one thing I think that won't be implanted anytime soon, in the PB... or something better.
    P.S. The MEDIA/GAME section really isn't needed, but I believe we should have the options of adding custom ones.
    05-12-11 12:47 AM
    By the time all these requests have been implemented there will be no space left on the 16GB playbook for anything else. :|
    05-12-11 09:43 AM
    I wish they had a better way to see what apps were running in the background (such as Facebook).
    Really? swiping from the bottom bezel isnt easy enough? or maybe im just not getting what you mean.
    05-12-11 09:49 AM
530 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD