In App World, under My World, there should be an option to group/sort apps with available updates so they appear at the top of the list
    05-01-11 12:21 AM
    EMAIL!!! EMAIL!!! EMAIL!!!

CONTACTS!!! CONTACTS!!! CONTACTS!!!

PIM SYNC!!! PIM SYNC!!! PIM SYNC!!!

ok...i thinik it is out of my system....NOT!
    05-01-11 12:36 AM
    1. bed side mode
    2. auto time on/off
    3. ablity to save exl and word docs from email to pb in a file manager (its important to me to email a exl or doc to my self and be able to open work on it and save it on the pb. then send the mod back to my work comp via email w/o having to use the desk top manager. or to create a ppl slide show from the playbook or mod it just before a meeting.)
    4. upload pics and vids to fb twitter and email
    5. quick swipe to sleep mode and/or lock screen to password
    6. RIMs blackberry protect app
    7. BBM PLEASE
    8. tap and hold for caps
    9. browser to "remember me" instead of logging into web site each time
    10. send web address to friends via email or hopefully bbm and share pics and vids in a similar way
    11. it would be nice for the pb to basically work as a large screen for my bb via the bridge. at very least i would like to see all my files and media from my bb on the pb.
    12. i would like to see vid chat and a fb app like the bb
    13. spell check and auto correct are a MUST have ASAP

This is a simple list. I know some of these things have had to b listed by others but are just a few of my hopes. I am so pleased with my torch, i hope the pb will have some of it wonderful features soon like universal search. I LOVE my playbook and I am looking forward to seeing the progression it is going to make. It is a great device and has so much potential. I am willing to be patient and love it while it grows!
    Last edited by coconutpies; 05-01-11 at 05:06 PM. Reason: grammar
    Nels likes this.
    05-01-11 03:23 AM
    a keyboard option for the bb keyboard behavior. I was kind of amazed that RIM's greatest asset on the ui front was kind of forgotten about in the playbook. my brain is programmed for alt=symbol add a few .com and @ symbols if you have the space.

Hopefully the next os update will address a lot of these issues. the mistake of releasing early was pb should do EVERYTHING a bb can do (except calls) and MORE (browser/flash/etc/skype/video calls) with all the benefits of the larger screen.
    05-01-11 09:14 AM
    One thing to take a look at - Microsoft has a tool to help convert iPhone apps to Microsoft apps (maps API calls):

Microsoft launches API Mapping tool to help devs point iPhone apps at WP7 libs -- Engadget
    05-01-11 10:32 AM
    In App World, under My World, there should be an option to group/sort apps with available updates so they appear at the top of the list
    Actually, multiple sorting options! There are none. I would expect Alphabetically, By Rating, By Age, etc.

App World needs a pull down menu...
    05-01-11 11:09 AM
    The playbook has copy/paste, why is everyone saying they want it? Just tap and hold on what you want to copy, move the arrows, and then tap and hold where you want to put it and select paste............
    I can't get this to work in bridged messages - is it supposed to be working?
    05-01-11 11:12 AM
    Also, sorting by developer in the catalog would be useful. Developers who make quality apps would appreciate the ability to build loyalty, I think.

Actually, multiple sorting options! There are none. I would expect Alphabetically, By Rating, By Age, etc.

App World needs a pull down menu...
    05-01-11 12:45 PM
    i love my playbook. a tab button on the keyboard would be pretty cool. need more transparity on when certain apps and updates are coming. slingbox app please.
    Dj_murph likes this.
    05-01-11 01:29 PM
    Wouldn't hurt to look at this thread, and make sure the marketing strategy for the medical community is solid:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/pb...spital-610615/
    05-01-11 01:37 PM
    updates. patch notes please
    support for soundcloud.com songs
    SMS via bridge (hurry the bbm)
    mp3 compression similar to itunes (alows more songs less mem)
    05-01-11 02:21 PM
    BBM for sure
    SMS over bridge
    A native RDP or VNC client
    Office communicator over bridge (for us corp users)
    oh and the ability to"delete prior" when in email.

if these come out, I'll have no complaints.
    Last edited by Poncherelly; 05-01-11 at 04:39 PM.
    05-01-11 04:37 PM
    one more thing I really need... links to work from email. Like click the tracking or order number and go to the web site, like regular email.
    05-01-11 05:03 PM
    Links work fine in my (bridged) email.
    05-01-11 07:39 PM
    PPTP VPN support!
    05-02-11 05:45 AM
    Since RIM expects this to be a business professional targeted gadget. I have been testing all the functions that it supports, I am at 25% through this effort.

Here are the noticeable things:

1. Email attachments
    - It prompts to save them to Playbook / BB Phone
    - Then the user has to go and view from the Bridge files

------------ The above needs to change and user must be able to open the document from within the email.

2. Support for other and all types of documents
    - currently MS Excel/Word and PPT are only supported

------------------ Need at least viewing capabilities for MS Projects / Visio and .zip files.
    screamlordbyron likes this.
    05-02-11 01:50 PM
    why is there no autocorrect? it should capitalize the cirst letter after a period like bbm does. it should add apostriphies automatically and capitalize i when it stands on its own.

bezel should act as a scroll pad. if i miss a letter i cant scfoll back through the letters, i have to zoom and tap to place the cursor.

look at this. it makes me look like i type like a five year old. pathetic.

EDIT:
    Please excuse the lousy spelling and typing in this post. I was posting from my PlayBook.
    Last edited by ssbtech; 05-03-11 at 05:57 PM.
    CrackMachine likes this.
    05-02-11 11:47 PM
    I would LOVE to be able to access windows network shares... i find it SO awesome that i can send files to the PB over the network but it would be nice if the playbook could browse and open or stream files from my PC
    screamlordbyron likes this.
    05-02-11 11:59 PM
    we have multi-touch, why dont we have an alt or ctrl key to do some shortcuts?
    05-03-11 01:09 AM
    In the Calendar;

- when selecting the month, it should be a click, then a list pops up. The apple-like slot-machine is extremely clumsy

- when selecting the day, a month calendar should pop up, that you can simply select the day, by pressing on the day.

- the above was implemented with the last update!

- as for time, maybe something pops up where you see a calendar view for that day, with drag handles at the start and end of the event, and you can drag it to the size you need.

In the Alarm Clock;

- allow for MP3's to be the alarm

- allow multiple, configurable alarms
    - option for weekend or weekday
    - re-occurring X times or until certain date
    Last edited by 0liver; 05-03-11 at 02:28 PM. Reason: added more idea's
    05-03-11 11:04 AM
    From hardware/software perspective have a few of suggestions.

1. increase RAM to 2GB minimum, all versions.
    2. 128GB SSD's aren't THAT expensive are they? Would only add about 70 bucks to the top of the line and well worth it.
    3. support for wifi printing as well as USB printing and USB ethernet.
    4. quicker approval for some of the "better apps". Get the "enterprise apps" through the system, then the quality utils and games. Let the fart apps wait 'til H3LL freezes.
    05-03-11 11:38 AM
    OS - support multiple instances of apps. This would greatly improve multitasking management of web shortcuts and Android player.

APP - Widgets. Don't necessarily need them on the home screen like Android, but perhaps a stand-alone app that displays widgets ala Mac's Dashboard. Being able to see stock, news, weather, emails, tasks, and appts at a glance is a huge productivity boost.

APP - OpenPGP encryption for email (non-BES). All communication with the small company I'm contracting for is done through GPG encrypted GMail (for tax reasons I can't use company resources). Android handles this beautifully on both handset and tablet versions, and it's free. Only solution for BB was AtomicHelix, which costs, and hasn't worked since OS 4.5. It would be ironic and tragic that I would need to switch to Android solely for corporate email security.
    05-03-11 01:09 PM
    why is there no autocorrect? it should capitalize the cirst letter after a period like bbm does. it should add apostriphies automatically and capitalize i when it stands on its own.

bezel should act as a scroll pad. if i miss a letter i cant scfoll back through the letters, i have to zoom and tap to place the cursor.

look at this. it makes me look like i type like a five year old. pathetic.
    you'd think the masters of qwerty and auto text and shortcuts would have included what seems a fundamental functionality in their tablet?????

i totally agree
    ubizmo likes this.
    05-03-11 01:32 PM
    Lots of great ideas in here. Definitely need sms so i can just leave my phone in my pocket.
    05-03-11 02:57 PM
    Please let me click links in emails.
    05-03-11 03:21 PM
530 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD