autotext
    password keeper
    one click ability to turn an email into a calendar item
    ability to click a link within an email to open it
    bbm, bbm, bbm, bbm
    Nels likes this.
    04-25-11 08:19 PM
    A very small settings tweak:

On the keyboard screen where you can select a specific keyboard - SHOW PICTURES with each option
    04-25-11 10:49 PM
    In App World, have a back button after installing an app (to to go back to the previous category setting)
    Zwickliffe and travels4food like this.
    04-25-11 11:27 PM
    Media

It would be really nice to have support for MKV container videos, including subtitles.
    SebastianMoran likes this.
    04-26-11 02:52 AM
    on the media player -
    1. a resume / remember last position option on tracks would be great. would help when listening to audiobooks to be able to pick up where you left off as opposed to having to remember the exact position and then scrolling to it.

2. make the play/pause/next/previous/shuffle/repeat buttons a bit bigger.

on the browser - make the 'hide address bar' setting sticky so that you don't have to hide it every time you open the browser or a new tab.

OS
    1. file manager, file manager, file manager

2. Allow custom paging of app icons. create a new tab, edit label, and move icons to it.

Bridge -
    1. allow access to all file types in the bridge browser.

2. allow copying of files from the bridge browser to the playbook.

3. bridge is inaccessible if my blackberry is locked, allow unlocking of the blackberry through the playbook to access the bridge. currently i have to unlock my blackberry and then open the bridge through the playbook. possibly an it policy issue on my blackberry but would be nice to just enter my password on my playbook and have it unlock my bb.
    04-26-11 07:49 AM
    Have to add small item but relitive.

Physical size could be perhaps one inch larger both dirctions. Screen is a bit small. However typing is nice.
    04-26-11 07:52 AM
    Browser:
    the dragdown menu thumbnail should default to the current active page. i am forever opening the menu to close the current tab andhaving to scroll totheendtoclose the tab.

Alternatively there should be a gesture to close the current tab. maybe a two finger upward flick to build on the "throw away" gesture in the app switcher.
    04-26-11 09:53 AM
    OS/Hardware

- Make use of the LED for notifications!
    04-26-11 11:02 AM
    1. Sleep gesture.
    2. Put the power/USB port on the side so it can be used when
    in a holder standing up. Doh!
    3. BB appworld working when tethered (not bridge, although it would be nice)
    4. Get the bridge to working faster and as advertised.

Tim
    04-26-11 11:08 AM
    The wifi is very weak on the PB - that needs to be fixed. I've been a couple of places now where I could connect with my BB yet the PB couldn't see the network at all. Hopefully a software update can fix this.

The HDMI and USB ports need to be moved away from the quick charge connector, OR give the quick charge connector additional functionality to replicate the ports on the quick charge pod.

A lot of improvements need to be made in the Music app - my top one is make it's functionality identical to the BB. For example, when selecting music by genre it loads the songs alphabetically by title, instead of by band. Perhaps this is something that can be customizable.

There needs to be gestures in the browser to do the most common things.

I have many, many more but these are the main ones for me.
    04-26-11 11:08 AM
    Good posts already so I'll skip most of the repeats
    OS: add the rest of the bluetooth stack for bluetooth speakers/headsets.
    auto correct, scroll with the side

media:
    First go get vlc (it has a QNX version) and deploy it to the playbook
    That would fix about 99% of the issues already listed for media
    music: add custom playlists (create, edit, delete etc) and transfer via desktop manager.
    lots more custom settings: change what you see when it playing, maybe even full screen instead of showing the "play list".
    video: use sub directories for grouping, so it just not a long list.

create an app that allows for remote control (bluetooth or wifi) via a bb phone!

app's:
    Look at any bb phone, then add those to play book, bbm of course, file manger, search, natives apps, etc.

Help:
    a section on all the gestures. CB has been really good about telling us, but seriously. Put them all in the help in one place, so we can find them.

I really like my playbook and all this improvements would really make this a rock solid device.
    Last edited by sokar42; 04-26-11 at 12:12 PM. Reason: thought of another one.
    Nels likes this.
    04-26-11 11:54 AM
    browser:
    press and hold the back button to pull down recent history list (to go back more than one page)

Seems difficult to select top left cursor position in a text field
    04-26-11 02:00 PM
    Moderator/OP- Is there a way to hang a spreadsheet here? This Sticky would be so much easier to maintain if we had one single Spreadsheet with tabs for OS, SW, HW, etc. and only ONE occurrence of each issue.
    04-26-11 03:35 PM
    The PlayBook is fantastic. The best webbrowsing experience I've had. I'm glad it was pushed to the market a little raw and unfinished. As is it is on par with the iPad which has essentially peaked. This device will become more and more useful given time.

Hardware...

Add a Trackpad - The torch stands out from every other touch screen because of its ability to select very well in 2 ways. The touch screen is useful for large macro selections while the trackpad allows much finer movement and selection.

OS...

Remove tab browsing - Instead of having multiple tabs run in one web browser run multiple instances of the web browser each with only one tab. The overall feel of the navigation in the multi-tasking environment would be more fluid.

Add a frequently used tab - Such an effecient feature, top used apps and webpages just rise to the top.

Improve Copy and Paste - There is a need to copy from a spread sheet to an email.

Bridge...

Autotext - I stopped using my PB to compose emails because of the lack of autotext.

Apps...

Death to Stupid App - The PB will kill the need for useless app. The browsing experience is so good no one will need to create an app (CBC) which duplicated their webpage. The way will be cleared to superapps like BB Travel.
    04-26-11 03:45 PM
    Browser 1. Ability to swipe left and right quickly through open tabs, a la Picture gallery. Currently, swiping sideways in a browser tab (not bezel) is a null gesture. 2. The same would apply if you could open multiple browser windows and shuffle left and right through them like open apps. 3. Fix the tab view- it scrolls to the first tab you opened too often-annoying when you have multiple tabs open. 4.How about a tab bar option, so you can one-touch active tabs? 5. And lastly, ability to choose if a link you touch and hold to open becomes the top tab or the next tab. All this is similar to Firefox et al.
    Last edited by looksee; 04-26-11 at 06:11 PM.
    04-26-11 04:00 PM
    I'm sure this has been mentioned and unfortunately don't have enough time to sift through every message, but this is my major room for improvement, not a minor nitpick.

1. Automatic capitalization after periods, after entering to next line.

Automatic punctuation...Just like with our blackberries please. It is just FAR too much work to type anything in it's current state. It should mirror what their other products do at this point. I think this should have come standard as I still prefer to type on my desktop vs. PlayBook at this point.

I'm assuming they'd eventually do this, I hope
    travels4food, gordz and ubizmo like this.
    04-26-11 05:37 PM
    I'd like RIM to add a new gesture for when you're in the browser app...

Swipe from the screen, onto the left or right bezel for Back and Forward! I found myself trying to do that unconsciously to go to the previously displayed page while i was browsing CB from my playbook today, and since it's not really assigned to anything else yet, why not?

Oh, and the obligatory native PIM, autocorrect, BBM, etc...
    Nels likes this.
    04-26-11 06:08 PM
    I'm sure this has been mentioned and unfortunately don't have enough time to sift through every message, but this is my major room for improvement, not a minor nitpick.

1. Automatic capitalization after periods, after entering to next line.

Automatic punctuation...Just like with our blackberries please. It is just FAR too much work to type anything in it's current state. It should mirror what their other products do at this point. I think this should have come standard as I still prefer to type on my desktop vs. PlayBook at this point.

I'm assuming they'd eventually do this, I hope
    FWIW, this is partially implemented in Word To Go. If you type two spaces at the end of a sentence you get the period auto cap for the first letter of the next sentence. Also in word, when you type a misspelled word it is underlined and you can tap to choose a correction, the punctuation for contractions is usually included. Not as good as the phone, but better than nothing
    04-26-11 07:41 PM
    Overall OS / Integrated Options:
    Please add a full compliment of "Accessibility Features" which are integrated throughout the OS and easily utilized by third-party developers:
    - Font size and style adjustment
    - Color - High Contrast / Normal (possibly with an option for quick access on the main status bar)
    - Native text-to-speech functionality (I know it's not standard, but would be cool)
    04-26-11 08:03 PM
    1- Copy / Paste
    2- Offline gmail
    3- Capability to open attachments from Gmail
    4- File browser, especially b/c Adobe Acrobat just lists all pdf's available in the device, and if you have a few hundred it becomes unmanageable
    5- More pdf reading apps, ability to bookmark etc
    6- Screen capture
    04-26-11 10:42 PM
    Also, when typing and switching to number mode, by default return to characters unless the number mode is "locked". Otherwise putting an apostrophe takes 3 "clicks" which is too much.
    ubizmo and jbodry like this.
    04-26-11 10:44 PM
    Rotation feature in picture gallery

BBM!! :P

Fix the wallpaper problem?

Wish Bridge Mail was a core app in the playbook...makes it easier to access mail with wifi rather then having to bridge

Would be nice if when you tether internet through ur phone with bb bridge, apps outside bridge could access the data being transmitted
    Last edited by mattering; 04-27-11 at 07:30 AM.
    04-27-11 05:42 AM
    Bridge Applications:

Email:
    - Support "Delete original text"
    - Allow the option of showing a preview of the current email or showing full screen inbox

App World:
    - App world doesn't seem to be able to use bluetooth tethering to access the internet - this should be fixed

Apps, Apps, Apps!
    - There are virtually no useful apps available in App World for the play book. For a professional grade tablet, one would expect an RDP client application, a decent notepad app (with the ability to include text and "finger drawings"
    - How about a File Cabinet app - how do I find and manage files on the PB of ANY!!!!! type?

General:
    - A gesture (or even an icon) to put the PB to sleep (perhaps just a sleep option on the existing Shutdown app)
    - I find copy/paste to be extremely hard to use - sometimes it works and other times it doesn't and I can't tell whether it's because I'm not doing the right gesture or that particular app doesn't support it some cases.
    - The on/off button is really difficult to use
    04-27-11 06:30 AM
    The playbook has copy/paste, why is everyone saying they want it? Just tap and hold on what you want to copy, move the arrows, and then tap and hold where you want to put it and select paste............
    04-27-11 07:13 AM
    I was considering a separate thread just for this issue to get it some visibility. All alarm clock apps fails to deliver simply because of the forced standby. Using Pandora in the browser is worthless simply because first, there is no multi tasking ability to continue to browse while listening and second, the forced standby eliminates putting it into its charging stand and simply listening. This goes for any streaming sites. What a pain!

Does anyone else see this as a major flaw? It makes me question my purchase. Should it be a separate thread?
    Last edited by paulvr01; 04-27-11 at 08:33 AM.
    04-27-11 08:30 AM
530 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD