First let me say that I love my Playbook. However, there are some small changes that would make a big difference in the functionality, and implementing these would really improve the device.

The browser is great. I love the flash implementation, and it loads every website I visit, but...

1. We should be able to edit the bookmarks. There's an edit button, but it only allows me to delete a bookmark. Apparently they just take the website header as the bookmark name, and this results in weirdness like 3 bookmarks all called something like "Log in". Seems like this would be easy to fix.
    2. Flash shouldn't load on a touch. When I'm on the internet I occasionally see flash ads. When I try to scroll past them, if I touch them at all they load another page. These scrolling motions should just scroll the page and not launch the flash ad. In fact, it would be great if we could scroll vertically with a gesture on the right or left bezel, and scroll horizontally with a gesture on the upper or lower bezel; those bezel gestures (like up from the left corner for the keyboard) are fantastic; let's add more. Adblocker might also be a big help here.
    3. We need a �Delete this field� button. On my iTouch, when I go to a text entry box, if it�s already filled-out, then there�s a little �x� on the far right of the field, and if I touch it, everything in the box is deleted. When I�m typing in a url on the Playbook, I have to delete everything that�s in there using the back arrow. It would be nice if I could just touch the �x�
    4. �Next page� button. When I�m reading forums like this one, and the responses are spread out over multiple pages, I have to enlarge the screen before I can press the next page link because that link is so small. It would be nice if the PB could recognize multiple-page sites and provide me with a large �next page� button
    5. Go to top. Let�s have a gesture to return to the top of a page.
    6. Capitalization. The keyboard should automatically capitalize the first letter at the beginning of text entry and every letter following a period.
    7. Spelling correction. Like on a text editor, the PB should underline misspelled words and let me correct them with a touch.
    8. Multiple keyboards. If I have to enter a lot of mixed letters/numbers, it would be nice to be able to pull up a larger keyboard with a number row. Going back and forth between the number pad and the keyboard can get pretty cumbersome.
    9. Make the back button work all the time. Sometimes if I exit the browser and then go back, or switch from one tab to another the back button gets grayed-out. This shouldn�t happen.
    10. Have a switch to allow youtube videos to run on a background tab. For example, I was trying to listen to one of the Crackberry youtube podcasts while surfing the net on a different tab, but when I went to the new tab the video stopped playing.

I guess most of my comments are related to the browser, because I use my playbook a lot to surf the internet from the couch while my wife watches her shows. It lets me be close to her without having to watch 90210. However, I have some other, more general suggestions:

1. Use the bridge connection for other Blackberry apps. For example, I have Google talk on my BB; could we mirror the screen to my PB so that I could use that app from my PB?
    2. Use my BB keyboard to enter text on my PB. This would be a great way to enter notes. The virtual keyboard requires me to look at the screen while typing, when I would prefer to be looking at the person speaking. I can type by feel on my BB, so I�d like to use that keyboard for my PB. When I have advance notice that I�ll need to be taking notes I can bring a Bluetooth keyboard, but sometimes it�s last-minute. Also, the BB is a lot smaller than a dedicated keyboard.
    3. A better pdf reader. I think the current pdf reader works well, but I�d like to be able to annotate the pdfs (which would work well as a way to take notes in a presentation; I could copy the PPT pdfs to my PB and then add notes to them during the presentation). Also, the pdf reader should remember my last position, so that when I shut it down and open it again I can pick up where I left off. I should also be able to have multiple pdfs open at the same time.
    4. Split screen. It would be nice if I could split the screen in the middle with a full app running in each half, so that I could, for example, have a word doc and a pdf open in each half. I�m thinking you would hold the PB in portrait mode and one app would be running on the top of the screen and the other app would be running on the bottom of the screen.
    5. Be able to play flac files. Hey, I�m one of the few who has his music in flac format, and I don�t really feel like converting it. I have lots of space on my PB; it would be nice if I could copy my flac files over and listen to them there.
    6. epub reader. This should be built-in.
    7. Multiple alarms. Why can I only have one alarm? I should be able to set multiple alarms during the day, with different times for different days of the week. There are third-party apps that do this, but I have to remember to have them in focus when I close the PB or they won�t work. Having built-in support for multiple alarms would avoid that problem.
    8. Notifications. Sometimes I get notified repeatedly that I have an email, when it�s the same email. For example, I�ll clear the notification, shut down the PB, and then open it again, and I�ll have another email notification but it�s for the same email that I just cleared, and when I go to the bridge email, there are no new emails.
    9. Timer for password. I have my PB password-protected, but I don�t want to have to enter my password every time I turn it off and on. Let me set a time before I have to re-enter the password, like if I re-open the PB within 5 minutes I shouldn�t have to re-enter the password.
    10. Entering a password for Bridge. If I enter a password for the PB, and it�s the same password I use for my BB, I shouldn�t have to enter the password again to access my bridge email; it should be entered automatically for me. As it is now, I often have to enter the same password twice in succession; first to unlock my PB and then again to access my email, even though they�re the same password.
    11. Wireless password: My work wifi changes the password every day. There�s no way to change the password on the PB; I have to delete the network and then re-enter it with the new password. It would be nice if I could just edit the network settings with the new password.

That�s all I can think of right now, though I know I�m missing some that I�ll remember later. Some of my suggestions will never happen (like the split screen thing; I think it�s a great idea, but I wouldn�t be surprised if it never happened). However, most of them are small things that could be easily changes and would make the experience a whole lot better.
    Does anyone else have any suggestions for RIM?
    10-25-11 12:50 PM
    Imo this would go a lot farther on the beta zone than it would here...
    10-25-11 12:51 PM
    Imo this would go a lot farther on the beta zone than it would here...
    Sorry, did I post this to the wrong forum? If so, where should I have posted it?
    10-25-11 01:32 PM
    he means to take the survey thats labeled playbook feature request in the beta zone (www.blackberry.com/beta). theres another thread about that survey in which most people have put their suggestions there.

edit: heres the thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...a-zone-664104/

10-25-11 02:32 PM
    They also have a general feature suggestion forum, feedback submission form, etc.
    10-25-11 02:41 PM
    Oh, great, I hadn't realized RIM was doing that. Good to know they're paying attention to our feedback (or at least that they're asking for our feedback). I'll fill in the survey. And hey, looks like they're considering a lot of the features I was looking for! I thought I was a genius for thinking of bezel scrolling, but apparently others got there first
    Last edited by MRPJR; 10-25-11 at 03:52 PM.
    10-25-11 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD