I use it in the kitchen for looking up recipes. yes the browser is slow but once you get it loaded it's perfect for scrolling
    08-28-17 06:08 PM
    I'm using it in the kitchen to look for recipes. slow but it works
    08-28-17 06:11 PM
    Thanks so much for Meeting Grabber, fabulous app, just want to know how long a session can be? I was also able to delete a session by going to the Air Browser app, selecting Documents where Meeting Grabber shows up then deleting each file in the specific session, then when I return to the app, that session no longer exists in "Saved Sessions".
    08-29-17 09:30 AM
    Still works ok as newsreader (RSS) and absolutely no faults for playing video or music. The screen is a better size than most phones for video consumption. I just load it up with music and videos prior to any trip (or even if I'm commuting by train for that matter).

I wish I could still browse web effectively but right now it is not even speed issue, most sites don't render properly.
    09-01-17 11:49 PM
    sites load very fast with flash and Javascript turned of.. but some sites need javascript.. I download sites using Web to pdf. just copy paste the link and download the site for offline browsing
    09-02-17 08:39 PM
    6 PBs? Really?

Posted via CB10
    I have 3
    01-17-18 11:02 PM
    The same as when it came out for my requirements which are email, weather, news, banking, shooting with both cameras, great screen, speakers. I am not much of an app user. To make it relevant currently for online use, I have the 32gig 4G LTE, so the faster processor makes the Playbook much faster both off + on line. When using it at home I always use it AC with the rapid charger (everything works better with AC power), I have 50 meg. service from my ISP, I use a wi-fi range booster, + with the Dolphin Browser, I can still access most things Google, especially You Tube.
    01-19-18 05:13 AM
    Weather
    Ebook reader
    Media device (Kalemsoft Player, files served through DLNA)
    Some music streaming (8 Tracks)

That is all.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-18 11:16 AM
    I use one of mine as a radio or music player in my workshop area.
    The speakers sound much better than an android tablet I also have, and if I want I connect to a set of external powered speakers.
    I use the Neutron player app and have been very happy with it. Plus it is still being updated by the developer.

Unfortunately you'll probably get some more smarta$$ answers like above. IMO if the PlayBook still works and there is an app still available that allows you to keep using it... why not.

Posted via CB10
    Hi Bob. Do I need to side loiad this or is there a native version available. Someplace please?
    01-21-18 05:04 PM
    Typical prices?

I have started using it again because of an app - meeting grabber. It's on app world, designed as a native app. It allows me to to do video recording, audio recording, take pictures and make notes in one app. Comes with a calendar. Saved sessions are easily accessible by date, I use it in conjunction with another app - QfileExplorer, which makes it easy to find, view and delete sessions.
    My work involves a lot of site visits, and I can use the playbook now to make a comprehensive record of everything I need very easily. There may be similar apps on other tablets, but since the playbook is so cheap and robust I see no need to get anything else. I am in the process of buying up old 64 gig ones so I have a supply before they disappear altogether.
    01-21-18 05:17 PM
    Hi Bob. Do I need to side loiad this or is there a native version available. Someplace please?
    Neutron is a native paid app and is available in BlackBerry World until that shuts down in 2019.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-18 05:54 PM
    I am still using it to play mp3 from my Qnap server. Using qfile which runs ok-ish to access the files. It's version 1.0.10.1228. Maybe someone uses something newer that runs more stable?
    01-22-18 01:45 PM
    I use my PB for Video Chat and for my toddler to play with it good enough for some games and videos.
    01-30-18 07:47 AM
    I use my PB for Video Chat
    Enjoy that function while you can because it will be over in March of this year. The video service will be shut down for the PlayBook.
    01-30-18 08:06 AM
    One of the neatest things about the PB for me in 2018 is the SmugMug app. If you have a smugmug account it will sync up any content you have there, and add it automatically to your albums. Now if you want to use it as a digital-picture-frame it's going to grow with your smugmug account. But I gave one to my older technically challenged mom who lives on the other side of the world. She always wants to see the world that I travel in and so I upload my adventures to smugmug and she automatically gets to see my images. AWESOME
    brookie229 likes this.
    08-19-18 10:56 PM
    Well we are well into 2018 and I just fired up a Playbook today to watch videos offline. Still works flawlessly, and still has the best sound out of any tablet I’ve tried. I do wish there was an easier way to get the files on there though, as neither the USB connection, wifi file sharing, or Dukto seem particularly reliable.

What are folks using?
    dmlis likes this.
    08-28-18 07:41 PM
    fschmeck, all 3 work fine here. Are you using Windows 10? If yes, you may have to reenable SMB 1.0. https://social.technet.microsoft.com...10itprogeneral

Hope it works. I love the PB for offline videos or streaming from my media server via Kalemsoft. We have an Amazon Fire HD8 for Netflix/Amazon Prime video; it's nice in some ways, but its speakers are pitiful and I still find myself reaching for the PB instead.
    08-30-18 08:17 AM
    One of the neatest things about the PB for me in 2018 is the SmugMug app. If you have a smugmug account it will sync up any content you have there, and add it automatically to your albums. Now if you want to use it as a digital-picture-frame it's going to grow with your smugmug account. But I gave one to my older technically challenged mom who lives on the other side of the world. She always wants to see the world that I travel in and so I upload my adventures to smugmug and she automatically gets to see my images. AWESOME
    Nice idea........I may try that with my elderly mother.
    08-30-18 08:27 AM
    Is there anything else we can use a 64gb playbook for other than storing photos?
    02-13-19 06:38 PM
    Is there anything else we can use a 64gb playbook for other than storing photos?
    Video player, mp3 player, ebook reader, alarm clock, and other basic PDA functions.
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 02-13-19 at 07:37 PM.
    02-13-19 07:17 PM
    Video player, mp3 player, ebook reader, alarm clock, and other basic PDA functions.
    which app for:

video player
    browser
    ebook reader
    mp3 player
    alarm clock - stock app?

other basic pda functions like rolodex, calculator etc?
    02-13-19 07:39 PM
96 ... 234