02-10-12 10:29 AM
89 ... 234
tools
    App World app cards would be nice. Like the iTunes cards from Apple, so you don't have to give credit card information.
    Thanks. Already in the list.

It's probably been said before but: How dumb is it to see the "New Apps" section flooded with useless stuff...
    File DigiMedia apps away in a separate group and never allow them to be shown in the recently added apps display, or just ban DigiMedia all together!
    Yes. Ebooks definitely shouldn't be categorized as apps. And, yes, please, do something about the spam from Digi-Media (even if it increases your app count). Or, as you suggested, create a separate "Digi-Media Crap" category, which nobody will visit

Allow apps to be hidden from the featured list. This would keep apps that I have no interest in installing from showing, and allow other apps a chance to get my attention.
    Added. Thanks.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 02-08-12 at 09:45 PM.
    02-08-12 09:42 PM
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

Research In Motion has created a special email address that allows our customers to submit suggestions related to BlackBerry development. We encourage you to submit your suggestions to ideaprocess@rim.com.

Thank you again for contacting us.
    Thanks. Here is the email I sent to ideaprocess@rim.com:

"Hello Madam/Sir,

I would like to let you know that RIM consumers and CrackBerry.com forum participants are heeding to what Mr. Thorsten Heins said about sending consumer feedback and suggestions to RIM. As we want our BlackBerry products to be top-notch and exceed any consumer expectations, we are ready to contribute to product development in any way possible.

Linked below is a forum thread that lists suggestions proposed by many active PlayBook users as to how App World can be further improved to deliver unmatched user experience. I will keep updating the list as long as new suggestions arrive and will follow up with you again in a few days.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ements-691591/

We understand that some of the suggestions are ambitious and may be hard to implement, but we trust that some of these recommendations will be considered for future App World updates.

Many thanks. Kenny. A proud BlackBerry PlayBook owner."
    02-08-12 10:03 PM
    I also think it would be nice if we could download zip files of the apps to open and install via the Playbook. It would save data for everyone.
    02-08-12 11:08 PM
    I sent my own email since you ignored my suggestions lol
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-08-12 11:41 PM
    i would like a "trending now" tab. that will show which apps have been most purchased/downloaded over a short period of time...say 1 hour. i just think this will me to better browse apps.
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-08-12 11:49 PM
    I sent my own email since you ignored my suggestions lol
    Two of your suggestions are in the list. Did I miss any?

Thanks for sending the email, btw. Let us know if you hear back from them.
    02-08-12 11:53 PM
    i would like a "trending now" tab. that will show which apps have been most purchased/downloaded over a short period of time...say 1 hour. i just think this will me to better browse apps.
    Thanks. Added.
    02-08-12 11:54 PM
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Look what I've got from RIM. Our suggestions will be ignored unless a representative (one of the forum mods?) signs and sends them the non-confidentiality letter (attached) along with the link to the thread.

"Thank you for contacting BlackBerry,

Research In Motion (RIM) appreciates your idea submission and enthusiastic responses to our products. However, unsolicited ideas or materials are only accepted if they are offered for review on a non-confidential basis. While ideas covered by issued patents are preferred, all ideas and proposals will be accepted for review upon completion and return of the attached agreement. If you wish your ideas or materials to be accepted by RIM for review, please review, print, complete, sign, and return a scanned copy the attached letter of non-confidentiality along with a description of your ideas to ideamailbox@rim.com<mailto:ideamailbox@rim.com>.

Thank you
    "
    02-09-12 12:12 AM
    All application updates should be accompanied by a 'changelog'.
    02-09-12 10:52 AM
    they should have "history". meaning the past apps you bought should be stored in history aka receipt. like on ps3, they have a history of the things you bought or dl for free apps. so when you look back in the past. it shows you what things you bought and how much you spent.
    02-09-12 12:14 PM
    in addition to my last post.. they should have a facebook linked into the things you bought or dl for free.. and has an option to be posted on your facebook wall for people to see what you play/bought on appsworld blackberry.. in a console world of xbox and ps3 its called "tropies/awards".. but on blackberry its called "purchased"..
    02-09-12 12:19 PM
    Please, consider that our suggestions are not being accepted for review, until we figure out how to deal with the non-confidentiality letter (see above).
    02-09-12 12:33 PM
    I want the ability to permanently delete an app from my Apps list. Its nice to see what apps you had in the past, but there is no need to keep few I know I would never install again.
    If deleting is not an option, Give an option to HIDE it least so when I go over my list, it wont show up.
    02-10-12 10:28 AM
    I want the ability to permanently delete an app from my Apps list. Its nice to see what apps you had in the past, but there is no need to keep few I know I would never install again.
    If deleting is not an option, Give an option to HIDE it least so when I go over my list, it wont show up.
    Hide or Group them into a "Folder"
    02-10-12 10:29 AM
89 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD