If I cannot access App World using Bridge, it'd be nice to do so using the tether function. It is frustrating that it functions using only wi-fi.
    Thanks. Added. Now, I am confused why I have the thanks and like button missing only for certain people .
    02-07-12 11:31 PM
    Get rid of the famous clock
    Can you, please, elaborate?
    02-07-12 11:33 PM
    Send Alec Saunders a Tweet. He'll point you in the right direction.

@asaunders
    Sorry, but I don't have a Twitter account. Can you, please, do it for us? Thanks.
    02-07-12 11:34 PM
    Sorry, but I don't have a Twitter account. Can you, please, do it for us? Thanks.
    I sent him a tweet asking if he'd be kind enough to review the list of App World improvement recommendations by CrackBerry members.
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-07-12 11:48 PM
    some of the features you suggested are already in the current version of Appworld. like seeing all apps of a particular developer just click on the developers name when looking at an app in Appworld
    02-08-12 12:41 AM
    My only wish: hurry up catch the apple app store and android market...
    02-08-12 12:46 AM
    some of the features you suggested are already in the current version of Appworld. like seeing all apps of a particular developer just click on the developers name when looking at an app in Appworld
    Not on the Playbook
    02-08-12 12:53 AM
    Great list in the first post. The key one I'd add is an amazon like search. e.g., multiple simultanious filters.

e.g., 4/5 stars, less than $8, free text "Video," released within 15 days and in these 2 categories

The other is an option to show the navigation path when drilling through menus allowing multiple "folders" open at a time.
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-08-12 01:12 AM
    Great list in the first post. The key one I'd add is an amazon like search. e.g., multiple simultanious filters.

e.g., 4/5 stars, less than $8, free text "Video," released within 15 days and in these 2 categories

The other is an option to show the navigation path when drilling through menus allowing multiple "folders" open at a time.

Thanks. Added. But I was not sure about the navigation path though.
    02-08-12 01:24 AM
    I would love to see release notes when it tells you there is an upgrade, not just the description for something I already have again.
    02-08-12 09:23 AM
    Can you, please, elaborate?

Like I mean its so slow to update apps and browse... When you quit app world then The update just pauses itself and you have to start again...and it gives you the black clock which freezes sometimes
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-08-12 09:40 AM
    I want App world to push apps I buy from a desktop.

Say I am at work and reading about a new app in Crackberry on work desktop. I found the app interesting. so I click on the link, go to app world, Log in and buy it, or if its free click on a button, say "I want this"

When I go home and take my PB, I want to see notification saying I have an app to download.

Thank you for the additional lists, I want half of the things from the list to exist.
    Thanks OP for starting and maintaining this thread. I hope some one at RIM pay attention.
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-08-12 09:46 AM
    I'd like to see categories broken down further so there are a more reasonable number of apps in each. Try looking thru Utilities/Utilities and the list goes on a long ways. Most people may never see the apps at the bottom of the list. If categories broke down into lists of less than 100 then people might be more inclined to find and check out more apps.
    02-08-12 09:56 AM
    App World app cards would be nice. Like the iTunes cards from Apple, so you don't have to give credit card information.
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-08-12 10:02 AM
    It's probably been said before but: How dumb is it to see the "New Apps" section flooded with useless stuff...
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-08-12 11:24 AM
    Allow apps to be hidden from the featured list. This would keep apps that I have no interest in installing from showing, and allow other apps a chance to get my attention.
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-08-12 12:22 PM
    I Emailed RIM with a link to this thread this morning. Here is there response

Hello,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

Research In Motion has created a special email address that allows our customers to submit suggestions related to BlackBerry development. We encourage you to submit your suggestions to [email protected].

Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely,
    Carlo Franco Sarraga
    BlackBerry Customer Support
    Research In Motion Limited
    Tel:
    NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
    UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
    Europe: +44 1753 558400
    Worldwide: +1-519-888-6181
    Email: [email protected]
    Web: Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com

BLACKBERRY� PLAYBOOK™ - WORK SMARTER. PLAY HARDER.
    Introducing the world’s first professional-grade tablet.
    BlackBerry PlayBook
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-08-12 01:41 PM
    If I cannot access App World using Bridge, it'd be nice to do so using the tether function. It is frustrating that it functions using only wi-fi.
    +1

I would love to see them expand brige. Not just in App World Either
    02-08-12 02:18 PM
    Thanks. Added. Now, I am confused why I have the thanks and like button missing only for certain people .
    Are you saying you want to like me, but CrackBerry won't let you?

Which reminds me--I wish they'd move those buttons a bit. I accidently mash them when trying to click to the next page on my PlayBook. But I suppose that is a bit off topic.
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-08-12 07:31 PM
    File DigiMedia apps away in a separate group and never allow them to be shown in the recently added apps display, or just ban DigiMedia all together!
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-08-12 07:53 PM
    Apple to iPhone developers: No more low-res screenshots | Apple Talk - CNET News I already said it but this is what RIM needs to do! I know it seems like a small thing but really looks professional when the dev have high quality pictures and especially from the actual device its on (not some low resolution phone pic)
    02-08-12 07:59 PM
    Reviewers comment hits the nail right on the head!
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-08-12 08:31 PM
    Like I mean its so slow to update apps and browse... When you quit app world then The update just pauses itself and you have to start again...and it gives you the black clock which freezes sometimes
    Thanks. Added.
    02-08-12 09:24 PM
    I want App world to push apps I buy from a desktop.

Say I am at work and reading about a new app in Crackberry on work desktop. I found the app interesting. so I click on the link, go to app world, Log in and buy it, or if its free click on a button, say "I want this"

When I go home and take my PB, I want to see notification saying I have an app to download.

Thank you for the additional lists, I want half of the things from the list to exist.
    Thanks OP for starting and maintaining this thread. I hope some one at RIM pay attention.
    Thanks. That's exactly what I do with Android apps for my phone. It's sometimes easier to navigate through the market on a computer.
    02-08-12 09:28 PM
    I'd like to see categories broken down further so there are a more reasonable number of apps in each. Try looking thru Utilities/Utilities and the list goes on a long ways. Most people may never see the apps at the bottom of the list. If categories broke down into lists of less than 100 then people might be more inclined to find and check out more apps.
    The problem with this is that an app may fall under many categories. However, one of the suggestions was to use active search refinement. Do you think this will fulfill what you describe?
    02-08-12 09:32 PM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD