Hi,
    I usually transfer my mp4 videos to playbook by drag and drop from folder on laptop to video folder on playbook using blackberry desktop. Suddenly, I find that I cannot transfer new files to my playbook... I am not an expert pc user so I am at a loss to understand what has happened.
    I use Aimersoft software and the playbook still has 35gigs space. I can sometimes get a message 'codec not supported'
    but I find that hard to believe because all my videos on playbook still work fine.

I have been using this playbook for a year...
    Any help would be appreciated.
    regars,
    Mike.
    12-30-13 03:16 PM
    Have you since restarted both the Playbook and pc.
    Sometimes when I drag and drop video files from mac to Q10 I'll get the anti symbol ( circle with line through it ) but a restart fixes the issue.

It only happens why I'm doing many things on the computer.

Also under File Sharing on the PB toggle the file share slider on and off.
    It's like a refresh it'll ask you for your PB password if you already set up one.

HTH

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 93Aero; 12-30-13 at 03:53 PM.
    12-30-13 03:39 PM
    You can also transfer files via wifi
    12-30-13 03:51 PM
    Hi, 93aero and Cynycl,
    Many thanks for your prompt replies...
    I did a restart of both playbook and laptop. then I checked that file sharing was on and did an off/on switch.
    The anti symbol was still present when I tryed to drag and drop.
    After a long time, I ended up by going to media sync on the LH side of Blackberry Desktop and clicking on videos.
    Then I looked through the list of 'unsynced' folders and clicked on th Aimersoft output folder and clicked the file I wanted to transfer.
    When the 'syncing' process was complete I found that the file I wanted was now on my playbook...
    I guess I do not understand the sync process, but I have allways been able to simply drag and drop previously .

Cynycl: I have never used wifi sharing. I will experiment with it later today...

Thankyou both for your interest and the prompts you supplied.
    Best wishes for the New Year
    Mike
    Last edited by mykmm; 12-31-13 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Spelling correction...
    Cynycl likes this.
    12-31-13 04:45 AM
    easier to enable wifi sharing then map your media folder as a network drive.

plenty of instructions but in simple terms, find out the playbook IP in settings then in windows go to explorer and type the IP into the address bar with a double backslash - so \\192.168.1.82 for example.

it should then show two folders, right click the media folder and map network drive. you can then drag and drop back and forth with xfer rates of around a meg per second.
    12-31-13 07:00 AM
    here's what you're looking for,,, it'll save you a few steps, & once setup, you can drag & drop just about any file all day long...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-wi-fi-661022/
    12-31-13 07:07 AM