We have three playbooks in our house (first one purchased in May 2012) and haven't had any issues connecting to our wi-fi. Now suddenly today (Nov. 3/12) I'm having all kinds of trouble with our wi-fi connection. I've read some other threads and they suggest deleting the wi-fi network and reconnecting. This solves the problem for a few minutes and then I'm unable to connect again.

I'm running OS version 2.1.0.1088.

Wondering if anyone else is having the same problems and if someone out there can help me resolve these issues.
    11-03-12 10:09 AM
    Reboot/restart both the pb and your router.

Not being personal but what kind of environment do you live in or use your pb in? That is could something else have changed - new neighbor, or new cordless phones or other appliances? All 3 units are having this problem? Have you tried connecting to a public wifi at library, cafe, etc?
    11-03-12 11:53 AM
    I rebooted both the pb and the router and it seems to have done the trick. Thank you very much.

P.S. What confused me is that I also have a MacBook that was connected via wi-fi the entire time and it wasn't having the same issues. I wonder why all of the playbooks had the problem but my MacBook wasn't affected?
    11-03-12 03:32 PM
    Can't explain why or how - not a wifi expert. But starting with the simplest tests, like rebooting devices is a good first move generally.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-03-12 03:56 PM
    Having the same issue my son currently watching YouTube on his PS3 and my PB says "no networks available" I was so mad I was about to slam my PB on the floor, why should I have to reset my router when every other device is connected to the wifi, I had already restarted the PB when I upgraded, seems like the PB becomes a pain to make it function well when all my other wifi connected devices don't. I still have some pictures that I'm "unable to delete" and that's another problem, I don't want to wipe my PB just to delete 3 pictures. I think I eventually will leave the PB behind and move on to other device. I haven't decided on which one yet.
    11-03-12 08:56 PM
    Hi, yeah I've been having the same problem lately as well. I've just been hitting reconnect till it connects again. I thought maybe something happened to my playbook but I guess not. But I can't explain it.
    11-08-12 09:24 PM
    Ah, The Playbook wi-fi issues, I kow exactly what you mean.
    Having the full wi-fi green icon and yet not being able to surf, browser timing out etc, its maddening.
    The playbook is soooo fussy about wifi, any little change in the settings and it rejects connecting, any playbook update and I have to delete and reconfigure my router and re add it to the playbook, All i can say is check the settings /passwords , play around with the channels, do a search for this article KB27735 by RIM, it has some useful info.
    good luck, I know how frustrating the wifi/connection issue is,
    Cheers.
    11-09-12 06:28 AM