I took a look and saw that the source has this:

NEXXTECH COMBINATION STYLUS AND INK PEN

it works for ipad stuff, would it work for playbook as well? Thanks
    12-11-11 05:22 AM
    From reading about it, it is a stylus for capacitive touch screens. The PlayBook has a capacitive touch screen so it should work.
    12-11-11 06:00 AM
    Yes it will work. Might I also recommend the Targus 3 in 1. It is an ink pen and a laser pointer, as well as a stylus. I've been using mine for about a month now and it works really well.
    12-11-11 07:53 AM
    how would a stylus work? Could you take notes with it. I could see that being useful. what app would you use with it? thanks
    12-11-11 09:29 AM
    It, more or less, mimics your finger. I use it when I'm scrolling through my rss feeds or surfing the interwebs. Not so great for typing. I've never really seen any point in hand writing notes on screen, but thats just me.
    12-11-11 10:07 AM
    the playbook uses cypress display with true touch tech.. according to cypress' web, the display allows for 1mm stylus. I found a youtube post by cypress demonstrating that stylus. The tip is very fine, like that of a resistive stylus, but it seems to be made of metal..

12-11-11 10:16 AM
    Oh, I almost forgot. The main reason I use a stylus is that my screen stays a lot cleaner a lot longer. I hate a dirty screen, but I hate having to stop what I'm doing to clean it even more.
    12-11-11 10:16 AM
    how would a stylus work? Could you take notes with it. I could see that being useful. what app would you use with it? thanks
    i downloaded some paint programs. I am a university student, so i will need it for both notetaking and reading notes. you just use it like a pen on a piece of paper, but in this cause the pen is the stylus and the paper is your tablet
    12-11-11 10:45 AM
    the playbook uses cypress display with true touch tech.. according to cypress' web, the display allows for 1mm stylus. I found a youtube post by cypress demonstrating that stylus. The tip is very fine, like that of a resistive stylus, but it seems to be made of metal..

Unfortunately, they do not identify that stylus maker/model. Although, she did mention its portable size but a SHORT stylus could be harder to use. The one shown in a comparison video someone posted a while ago was one with a clear plastic disc that seemed to do a good job of fine writing/drawing.
    12-11-11 10:50 AM
    Unfortunately, they do not identify that stylus maker/model. Although, she did mention its portable size but a SHORT stylus could be harder to use. The one shown in a comparison video someone posted a while ago was one with a clear plastic disc that seemed to do a good job of fine writing/drawing.
    I think I know what you mean by stylus with plastic disc. I really want to test it out, however, I don't think it is imported here to my country. Someone in the forum also said that the stylus has to be used at a certain angle, I wonder how much trouble that is. We need more inside info regarding the rumored "native" stylus for the pb that is supposedly "coming soon"
    12-11-11 03:55 PM
    If you figure how it works.. you can make your own stylus with house junk. I made my own and find it a lot better than my friend's Bamboo.
    12-11-11 05:11 PM
    I purchased a stylus from Staples last week. It's just a stylus - has a soft rubber end that mimics a finger touch on the screen. I have long natural nails so using the virtual keyboard was a challenge! This $14 stylus works fine for me!

I did buy a Hip Street combination stylus/pen as a stocking stuffer for my daughter-in-law. She's getting an iPad I for Xmas although she doesn't know it. However she tried my stylus on her iPhone and found it much easier to type.

That said, I'm intrigued by these other types of stylus'. Will have to do some research!
    12-11-11 05:32 PM
    I purchased a stylus from Staples last week. It's just a stylus - has a soft rubber end that mimics a finger touch on the screen. I have long natural nails so using the virtual keyboard was a challenge! This $14 stylus works fine for me!

I did buy a Hip Street combination stylus/pen as a stocking stuffer for my daughter-in-law. She's getting an iPad I for Xmas although she doesn't know it. However she tried my stylus on her iPhone and found it much easier to type.

That said, I'm intrigued by these other types of stylus'. Will have to do some research!

I got this stylus ... model P204 ... looks sort of wierd ... a small disk on the end of a pen shaped gizmo.
    iPad stylus,iPhone stylus, DAGi transparent accurate capacitive stylus, 精準電容觸控筆

works great. no smudges or marks. shipped from taiwan. got here (canada) in a week.
    costs $20.
    also a good and attentive help dept.
    12-11-11 07:34 PM
    sorry .. this is the proper home pade of the stlus compnay in taiwan.

iPad stylus,iPhone stylus, DAGi transparent accurate capacitive stylus, 精準電容觸控筆
    hpjrt likes this.
    12-11-11 07:36 PM

I wish My Mother-in-law was like you!!!
    River Boy likes this.
    12-11-11 08:02 PM
    I wish My Mother-in-law was like you!!!
    LOL You misunderstand! I'm not buying her the iPad - my son is! I just happen to know about it!

I'm afraid that my gift to her (except for stocking stuffers) are far more "girly" than electronics!
    alekza likes this.
    12-11-11 08:12 PM
    I think I know what you mean by stylus with plastic disc. I really want to test it out, however, I don't think it is imported here to my country. Someone in the forum also said that the stylus has to be used at a certain angle, I wonder how much trouble that is. We need more inside info regarding the rumored "native" stylus for the pb that is supposedly "coming soon"
    You're right - the only ones I've seen in stores are the stubby rubber tipped, ones.

I, too, would like to know what BB has up its sleeve. More mysteries!
    12-11-11 09:32 PM
    I got this stylus ... model P204 ... looks sort of wierd ... a small disk on the end of a pen shaped gizmo.
    iPad stylus,iPhone stylus, DAGi transparent accurate capacitive stylus, 精�–�›�容觸�Ž��*†

works great. no smudges or marks. shipped from taiwan. got here (canada) in a week.
    costs $20.
    also a good and attentive help dept.
    That looks like the one. I think the recommended model was P504 but it looks pretty similar.

Interesting, looking at Amazon, folks apparently couple the disc stylus with a Bamboo stylus. Wonder why the two? One handwriting and one drawing???

I have seen two with that plastic type tip (on the web, not in person) one appears to be kind of a ball joint or maybe fixed and the other had a small spring at the tip???
    Last edited by F2; 12-11-11 at 09:39 PM.
    12-11-11 09:36 PM
    That looks like the one. I think the recommended model was P504 but it looks pretty similar.

Interesting, looking at Amazon, folks apparently couple the disc stylus with a Bamboo stylus. Wonder why the two? One handwriting and one drawing???

I have seen two with that plastic type tip (on the web, not in person) one appears to be kind of a ball joint or maybe fixed and the other had a small spring at the tip???
    yeah, that's the one... but it looks horrible, I wouldn't wanna carry that into a meeting, I'd be laughed at.. better if Kevin could comment on the cypress/metal stylus...
    12-11-11 10:39 PM
    hey, i just got the NEXXTEC stylus. Turns out it is not as easy as i thought it would be to write notes with it, mostly because the rubber tip is too soft. Can anyone recommend a stylus with a harder tip or anything that you people know is easy to write notes with? Thanks
    12-11-11 11:21 PM
    Oh, KEVIN....................... (rubbing magic lamp)
    marksasongko likes this.
    12-12-11 12:19 AM
    I got 8 stylus' for $5 on ebay. They work perfectly. They have a soft rubber tip on the end.
    12-12-11 11:07 AM
    I got 8 stylus' on ebay for $5. they work on PB and ipad very well. They have soft rubber tips. Great for gifts. The stores sell them for $12-$20.
    12-12-11 11:48 AM
    regarding the dagi stylus, I was overcome with curiosity and finally gave up and bought the dagi stylus at www.dagi.com.tw. They were able to send me the stylus to my country via post, service was excellent, and the contact person was very helpful. I am now just waiitng for the stylus to arrive, eta 5 days, can't wait to try it out
    12-20-11 08:22 AM
    keep us posted,

Also.. those who have found a good stylus do you use a screen protector? I've tried a lot and the response is considerable weaker because of my screen protector.
    12-20-11 07:55 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD