Hey all I really want the Playbook even though use an android phone now all the android tablets are ****ty and have numerous issues I at one point wanted flyer because of the stylus and note taking ability because I thought it would be great for my college classes especially for math to any of you know of any stylus/app combos I can use this would be the deciding factor for me.
    Thanks all
    05-06-11 06:43 PM
    no app has been release that has even come close to any ability to take notes with any accuracy
    05-06-11 07:02 PM
    I use the boxwave stylus and its soooo nice. Feels much better and keeps your screen clean. Plus its black and looks cool like a perfect match.

Use this on any tablet and its a pure joy
    05-06-11 07:55 PM
    There's Skit in Appworld. It works well even with finger, I dont use stylus since I didn't find it helpful, plus Skit can zoom to different parts so I can write in more detail.
    05-12-11 03:23 AM
    Old post I know but thought I would use this one instead of creating another.

Any new note taking apps that support a stylus, looking at getting playbook for taking notes in meetings etc.
    10-15-11 02:28 AM
    I wish there was, I keep looking and hoping, when one comes out it will make my business use for PB complete. What I do now is take hand written notes then scan and download to PB. At least this way my file system is all in my PB.
    10-15-11 05:19 PM
    Folks, anyone found a solution for this, ie to get a stylus to take notes in meetings and so on?
    thanks
    12-09-11 05:43 AM
    i find the best app for note taking is "Notesmartly". This app enables you to take freehand as well as typed notes. But what i really like are the audio, video and pics you can add to the meeting notes all from within the app. The layout is well done and you can save meeting notes in the app (sortable) or save to pdf. It integrates with dropbox and facebook...also has a To Do list which i don't use

Anyhow its worth it and you can install the free version which limits you to just txt, no media. I havent tried a stylus but understand that Rim is coming out with a stylus specifically for the device so i will wait.

hope this helps (first post...)
    SuperGenius and flyingsolid like this.
    12-09-11 07:46 AM
    For math class you'll never beat pencil + paper

The only app right now that you could use for math is gen.paper. You have a pencil, eraser, ruler, compass, and protractor, and you can choose your background paper type (blank, ruled, isometric, ruled, music). The only thing that's kind of awkward to use is text input but I contacted the developer and they're working on a better solution...
    12-09-11 11:03 AM
    For math class you'll never beat pencil + paper

The only app right now that you could use for math is gen.paper. You have a pencil, eraser, ruler, compass, and protractor, and you can choose your background paper type (blank, ruled, isometric, ruled, music). The only thing that's kind of awkward to use is text input but I contacted the developer and they're working on a better solution...
    Is "gen.paper" the correct name, I tried search for "gen.paper as well as "gen paper" but found nothing.
    12-09-11 11:23 AM
    gen.paper by Gen-R-ation, that's what it is in App World
    12-09-11 11:26 AM
    Is "gen.paper" the correct name, I tried search for "gen.paper as well as "gen paper" but found nothing.
    it's called gen.paper its the first item if u search for gen paper. Sadly there is no export function in this app kinda sucks.
    12-09-11 11:31 AM
    Is this in Appworld because I am not seeing it.
    12-09-11 11:42 AM
    try picinote, I love the fact that it could place text anywhere on the paper. I also like its ability to draw straight boxes, lines, and circles. Also, the way it handles pictures is unlike anything else on the PB. With more improvements, this could be like onenote for the PB....
    BBAppChase likes this.
    12-09-11 11:48 AM
    I wish there was, I keep looking and hoping, when one comes out it will make my business use for PB complete. What I do now is take hand written notes then scan and download to PB. At least this way my file system is all in my PB.
    Using Evernote. It has been a business lifesaver. It can record meetings and then sync it to your Evernote cloud for usage at the Desktop. Bigtime lifesaver.

If you use Linux, make sure to install NixNote (Evernote clone on Linux that synce with your Evernote account).
    cscott44 likes this.
    12-09-11 02:11 PM
    it's called gen.paper its the first item if u search for gen paper. Sadly there is no export function in this app kinda sucks.

There is a way to save the page (picture) to a file, touch the - and + buttons at the top at the same time - this is the pb's screen capture - and you'll save it to "pictures"
    12-09-11 02:43 PM
    plus, there's an app that converts pictures to a PDF if you want a different format.
    12-09-11 05:08 PM
    Is this in Appworld because I am not seeing it.

I typed gen.paper and it's the first one
    12-09-11 05:11 PM
    Just trying PICINOTE... good reviews on app world
    12-09-11 09:07 PM
    I havent tried a stylus but understand that Rim is coming out with a stylus specifically for the device so i will wait.
    Where did you hear that? Did they announce this? If they really are, that's great! But I haven't seen any news like that before...
    12-09-11 11:44 PM
    Just trying PICINOTE... good reviews on app world
    Yeah looks nice, how are you finding it??
    12-09-11 11:54 PM
    in android I tried using the handrite app and it works nicely. i tried some styli at future shop and never found one that worked well with this app, or with the playbook. unsure if its the touch sensitivity or the app.

has anyone tried any android apps for note taking?
    12-10-11 12:23 AM
    Where did you hear that? Did they announce this? If they really are, that's great! But I haven't seen any news like that before...
    Hi, they actually have a case, bluetooth keyboard and stylus that will be released. they have not announced this but ive seen it due to my working relationship with them. i dont know the specifics on timing but like you i would love this in advance of OS2 in feb. i know, no pics no proof but this is true.

thanks
    12-10-11 08:02 AM
    I mentioned this in another thread...you can use a grape (the fruit) as a stylus...and then eat it when you're finished

Typed from my pb using a red grape ..one grape was harmed in the making of this post
    Trevante likes this.
    12-10-11 10:11 AM
    I mentioned this in another thread...you can use a grape (the fruit) as a stylus...and then eat it when you're finished

Typed from my pb using a red grape ..one grape was harmed in the making of this post
    Is that sanitary?
    12-10-11 10:15 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD