Is there any way to force the Playbook to keep your BB info on the Playbook?
    What if your BB breaks and you need the info off of it to show a customer something and you had to use another phone. Or what if you leave your office to meet a customer and you bring your Playbook and you forgot your BB. You would be stuck without the info.

Couldn't RIM have a security switch to flip and allow you to store your BB info on the Playbook? Then after you were finished using the Playbook flip the security switch and make it safe again?

Not being able to have your BB info on the Playbook away from the BB at all is something that I don't think that I will like.

Just sayin!
    01-15-11 08:31 AM
    I would assume that info you needed to show a customer wouldn't be in your address book or Calendar, it would be a file, or a powerpoint, in that case you'd be storing it natively on the Playbook anyway.
    01-15-11 09:34 AM
    I guess you are right but it would be nice to have a Security switch to allow you to keep your calendar and contacts on the Playbook if you wanted to. And it would be nice to look at a larger monthly calendar at anytime if you did not have the BB with you. Just sayin.
    01-15-11 09:57 AM
    It would be nice, except I'm never without my Blackberry so it isn't an issue to me, but to some I am sure it would be, so to those, wait for 3rd Party App support.

Just like people have to do with the shortcomings of Apple, and Android, 3rd Party Software can fill the void
    01-15-11 10:04 AM
    Is there any way to force the Playbook to keep your BB info on the Playbook?
    Not that I'm aware of

What if your BB breaks and you need the info off of it to show a customer something and you had to use another phone. Or what if you leave your office to meet a customer and you bring your Playbook and you forgot your BB. You would be stuck without the info.
    Point 1: Has happened to me once, but didn't need info off the BlackBerry. Having to go back to a Nokia 5800 temporarely was absolute torture though. Hence when I get my new BB I'm keeping my old BB as my backup. I can easily sync the calender across the 2 devices and my laptop.

Point 2: Now unless you're showing emails and calender tasks, which is unlikely, you won't need to worry about that. Chances if you're meeting a customer you'll be showing them a document, in which case, you can store it safely on the PB natively.

Couldn't RIM have a security switch to flip and allow you to store your BB info on the Playbook? Then after you were finished using the Playbook flip the security switch and make it safe again?
    I see one caveat with this that RIM would shoot themselves for. Security. Because if it stores on the PB and it gets stolen, theives will be able to see it.

Not being able to have your BB info on the Playbook away from the BB at all is something that I don't think that I will like.
    I agree to the hilt about this. Thankfully, as a BlackBerry smartphone user (I stopped using my iPod Touch as my PDA when I lost it at a friend's house, only used it because my parents told me to, I now use my BB Smartphone for it) I'm fine. But it sounds like it COULD be troublesome at times.

Just sayin!
    [SARCASM]Cool story bro![/SARCASM]
    01-15-11 10:31 AM
    I think I read in one of the threads here that the PB would have a cache and that administrators could set how long data would be retained there
    01-15-11 10:44 AM
    Brings up a good point about forgetting the BB. And while you might not be showing a customer an email, you may need/want to ACESS an email to get some info.
    01-15-11 01:01 PM
    Brings up a good point about forgetting the BB. And while you might not be showing a customer an email, you may need/want to ACESS an email to get some info.
    I never looked at it that way. Now that you mention it, I can understand that. Although I always make sure I carry my BB with me (I've never gone without it accidentally in the 9 months I've had it)
    01-15-11 01:10 PM
    I know we wont know this until it comes out but why not require a password for BB info and allow it to stay on the Playbook? Make it a choice to take advantage of it or not. If a password is required, it would be fairly secure I would think.
    01-15-11 01:11 PM
    How can you possibly forget your blackberry this thing is crack. On a serious note that seems like a good idea and I have a feeling it might not come out at launch but later down the road via an update only if there is demand for it though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-11 02:42 PM
    if i need my emails and forget my bb, i can just go to my email provider's website (charter.net for me) and get it from there. thats a good way even though i know some people may have outlook setup to take them off that server
    01-15-11 03:04 PM
    Do you guys think we'll be able to launch a vpn client to corprate intranets? That might solve the issue for some.

01-15-11 04:05 PM
    Why doesn't RIM just include a feature that allows any Wifi PB the option to effectively "copy" your BB PIN after the first time you tether over bluetooth and store it in the system settings?

Then you could receive push email/BBM from RIM's servers over Wifi much the same way that a regular Wifi-equipped BB does over Wifi with the wireless radio turned off. To sync contacts, calendars, docs, files, etc you could periodically tether to your BB handset over BT maybe once per day or week, whichever is necessary for each individual circumstance.

I've used my Bold 9650 for BBM and push email over Wifi with my wireless carrier radio turned off, why couldn't you do the same thing with the PB?
    01-16-11 11:13 AM
    I am sure they will have some way to keep info on the device. They will hve native apps for email and calandars so I don't see why not give a security option to hide info or keep it visible.

01-17-11 01:19 AM
    How can you possibly forget your blackberry this thing is crack. On a serious note that seems like a good idea and I have a feeling it might not come out at launch but later down the road via an update only if there is demand for it though.

Crack is exactly what this device is lol

01-17-11 05:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD