OK everybody.
    I'm thinking of getting a BB Playbook. We've got an iPad 2 (we got it for free -- won in a contest).
    My wife, me, and my two sons are always using it. I'd like to get a Playbook so we aren't all waiting on the iPad. Plus, the idea of the bridge to my BB Style sounds cool. Our iPad is WiFi only.

Stupid question: are the android market apps that are now available because of OS 2.0 just available through the BB App World, or is there a special way to get them?

Thanks.
    03-08-12 10:27 AM
    The only android apps available are ones that have been submitted to RIM by the developer. They are available in appworld.
    There is another method of getting android apps on the playbook called sideloading. This method is not approved by RIM but many here do it.
    03-08-12 10:34 AM
    Also note there are limitations on Android app functionality (e.g. Camera does not work, etc.)
    03-08-12 11:34 AM
    The question is what do you want to do with the playbook? Websurfing? Gaming? A lot of people want to have Lots of android apps but the reality is that half of the apps don't get used I've had mine for a month and use it daily I've Sideloaded quite a few Android apps mostly games and they work flawlessly but I use mine for websurfing mostly you won't retreat getting one I'm enjoying mine at work and home.
    03-08-12 11:57 AM
    Don't wait any longer. Get the playbook. I doubt this deal will ever be available again. 200 for a full featured tablet. I am neither an ipad foe, nor a blackberry fanatic but there is no better deal out there. I have a desk top and a laptop and two kids and a wife. Guess who never got on the computer. Now I have my very own.
    03-08-12 05:25 PM
    Just dont expect all android apps to work on pb flawlessly.
    03-08-12 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD