I just sat down while carrying my PlayBook in my back pocket of my shorts. Now the screen is cracked and non responsive, pretty sure its DONE!!! WT..........
    08-31-12 10:25 PM
    Condolences!!
    ThT is why there will always be a market for shorts with decent sized cargo pockets ! Which I utilized today hauling in Pb into retail shop which had I utilized totakt pics of factory defects on newly arrived frdge....figured the 7". format would be waay better than the small viewer on the reg. still cam' Worked convincingly well !!

I've always wonderd how do smartphones fare stuck in back pockets, let alone our tab' !!
    08-31-12 11:21 PM
    Rim has a fixed priced repair option so you could contact them about a repair or at the current relatively cheap prices buy another one and have spare parts. Or some folks have replaced the screen themselves.

But sorry to hear about your mishap.
    08-31-12 11:43 PM
    Bummer dude I feel you're pain did that with a phone once. Ouch!
    09-01-12 12:50 PM
    Backup your PB now it still is possible ! Than you'll have all your files for you Future / Replacement PB / BB10 phone (if you want that)
    diegonei likes this.
    09-01-12 12:54 PM
    Why do people carry a smartphone or a tablet in the back pocket of shorts and pants? Seems an odd place to carry a glass or otherwise fragile object. Anyway, you should backup the contents of the broken tablet, buy a new tablet, set-up the new tablet with thje same BlackBerry ID, restore the data and applications, and finally, if you are able to replace the cracked screen you will have a spare tablet for yourself or a family member. It is always a "Duh!" moment after we do something foolish as I can attest.
    09-01-12 01:45 PM
    Why do people carry a smartphone or a tablet in the back pocket of shorts and pants?
    easy to pull out?
    09-01-12 01:49 PM
    Sorry to hear about your loss.
    09-01-12 03:15 PM
    Ack, I dropped mine yesterday... Sorry you didn't get as lucky as I did.

If you've you can still backup the device, then maybe there is hope... You could get replacement parts or even send it back to RIM for repairs.

Let us know, and better luck!
    09-01-12 04:03 PM
    Replace the Digitizer screen with one from Ebay. I replaced the screen on my granddaughters playbook with one of these.(TOUCH SCREEN DIGITIZER Replacement FOR BlackBerry PlayBook + tools | eBay) and it works like new. There are lots of youtube videos to show you how and the tools are included.
    09-01-12 05:58 PM
    Don't get the digitizer from China, they use an envelope to mail a piece of glass half way around the world! After waiting 2+ weeks, if it arrives cracked, guess what??? A big PITA, that's what.

A replacement digitizer from a USA seller is only $28.49 (and he uses a box). BTW, don't bother with the plastic tools---they are totally worthless. A sharp metal flathead screwdriver gets the job done in one third the time, and doesn't gouge the PB (surprisingly).

Finally, here's my thread on how to replace the screen without disassembling the entire PB: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...screen-736965/
    Last edited by dugggggg; 09-01-12 at 06:35 PM.
    09-01-12 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD