Ok, first of all, I want to say thanks for RIM by bringing this 1.0.5.2304 update. But since some people rejoice in having new features and improvement on their PBs, I and 'few' of us aren't so lucky.

Let me stated out the (my) problem:
    - Seeing that there is a new update for BB Bridge this morning (my time is GMT +7), I know that the update for PB will be just around the corner.
    - This afternoon, after seeing the post on CB and checked it for myself, there is a new update! YAY!
    - I tried to update it OTA (WiFi in my office is a lot faster than LAN) and always failed after 82%. Try again for about 10 times.. no luck..
    - I decided to do 'Security Wipe' (it seems a great idea at that time, but become the most stupid thing I ever did) and try again.
    - Basic procedure, try to update and.. still stuck at 82%.
    - I think that this is a good time to forget about OTA and use DS instead.
    - Figured out that I need to turn off PB first and then connect it.
    - Try about 3 or 4 times and finally it downloaded completely. I even watch as the bar for extracting the content and installing the tablet software (didn't think it would take longer than downloading it).
    - Finish, told to unplugged it, and I become a good boy and did it.
    - Same old process again.. connected to WiFi.. and what do you know?? Another 22Mb for update.. Ok, doing it.. and BOOM! (engadget way of saying) .. stuck at 85% and failed.
    - Had to restart.. try it again for another two or three times.. no luck.
    - Use the DS again (because I think the problem is on the OTA update) and.. DS downloaded not 22Mb but the whole 300Mb+ all over again!
    - Tried the last 6 step and still stuck stuck and stuck!

If anyone encountered the same trouble as I am, please post here and we'll try to see a fix in this..

seems like we're the only two having trouble downloading this update is there someone that can help ?
    Dam* it!
    Tried OTA updates for about 10 times and it failed.. (stuck at approx 80%)
    Had to use Desktop Software for update and it works after the third tries.
    BUT!!!
    After downloading sooo long.. I finally finished it and the PB booted up..
    and here comes another procedure.. setting date and time.. login with BB ID.. and..
    check for update!
    Found out that it still needs and update! Holy cow!
    Not much actually, about 23 Mb.. but.. it happened again.. always stop and then fail at 19Mb (85%) more or less..

WTF is happening with my PlayBook!?!?
    I used the latest DS and on Windows XP. The internet speed is good on WiFi but not on LAN (had to wait approx 30min).
    Can anyone help me?
    Sorry if I seems angry without reasons..
    06-07-11 09:50 AM
    I am having a similar problem. I am trying to install an update through desktop manager but it gets about half way through (the load bar says its trying to install NFB) and then it times out and crashes.

hopefully 3rd times a charm.
    06-07-11 10:17 AM
    We need to figure out the basic problem of this update..
    1. region?
    2. Corrupt installation?
    3. Windows problems?
    4. have a bad batch like the one got recalled from staples coz it won't load up an OS?
    5. share your thought guys and help us..
    06-07-11 11:38 AM
    Stuck at 'downloading NFB'...Been stuck there for almost 3 hours...Dosen't time out...Tablet says 'do not disconnect your tablet'

Don't know what to do...Unplug and try again?

DB
    06-07-11 12:10 PM
    Ok, first of all, I want to say thanks for RIM by bringing this 1.0.5.2304 update. But since some people rejoice in having new features and improvement on their PBs, I and 'few' of us aren't so lucky.

Let me stated out the (my) problem:
    - Seeing that there is a new update for BB Bridge this morning (my time is GMT +7), I know that the update for PB will be just around the corner.
    - This afternoon, after seeing the post on CB and checked it for myself, there is a new update! YAY!
    - I tried to update it OTA (WiFi in my office is a lot faster than LAN) and always failed after 82%. Try again for about 10 times.. no luck..
    - I decided to do 'Security Wipe' (it seems a great idea at that time, but become the most stupid thing I ever did) and try again.
    - Basic procedure, try to update and.. still stuck at 82%.
    - I think that this is a good time to forget about OTA and use DS instead.
    - Figured out that I need to turn off PB first and then connect it.
    - Try about 3 or 4 times and finally it downloaded completely. I even watch as the bar for extracting the content and installing the tablet software (didn't think it would take longer than downloading it).
    - Finish, told to unplugged it, and I become a good boy and did it.
    - Same old process again.. connected to WiFi.. and what do you know?? Another 22Mb for update.. Ok, doing it.. and BOOM! (engadget way of saying) .. stuck at 85% and failed.
    - Had to restart.. try it again for another two or three times.. no luck.
    - Use the DS again (because I think the problem is on the OTA update) and.. DS downloaded not 22Mb but the whole 300Mb+ all over again!
    - Tried the last 6 step and still stuck stuck and stuck!

If anyone encountered the same trouble as I am, please post here and we'll try to see a fix in this..
    you are not alone.
    I setup mine easily, but on my friend's PB had the same problem while downloading. Took 5 tries before it got downloaded.
    Must be a server overload issue.
    06-07-11 12:12 PM
    Got the same problem here using DM. Half way through the install stage and its sitting there stuck for the past hour.

Now what? Call RIM? That warning about making your tablet unusable if interupted has got me nervous.
    06-07-11 12:24 PM
    mine was updating from DM. failed and Dm quit the update. its now use a useless paperweight. either hangs forever at the glowing bubbles screen, or loads eventually, but nothing is clickable/swipeable. talking w tech support, but @ work, so maybe fix later. boo...
    06-07-11 01:09 PM
    OK, so here is the deal...Plugged in PB, hit download new software update and because it was taking a little while I headed out to some appts...Got back to my desk 3 hrs later and found software update 'stuck' and the tablet saying do not unplug your tablet. Called BB support, took 20 minutes just to register my PB and go over basic info w/ first person who was just an order taker. She then transferred me to a 'level 1 tech' who had no clue what so ever so after dealing w/ her I asked to be transferred to the next level of tech support. Finally after an hour I was connected to a tech...So here is the fix...

-unplug
    -turn off PB
    -let desktop software close back to normal screen
    -plug in PB and when desktop gives error message and choice to 'update' select 'update'
    -it will take about 30-40 minutes to download software and then you can unplug your PB and let it finish rebooting

Problem is with this method is it completly wipes all your personalizations so I am now reinstalling all my apps and settings :-( That s u c k s !

Overall it is working but nothing to woot about on the new update...I'm a true blue BB gal but the PB is kind of a looser if you ask me...Nothing to write home about.

Good luck all!

DB
    Last edited by D B; 06-07-11 at 04:26 PM.
    06-07-11 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD