When I put my PB in standby mode it is extremely difficult to swipe from the top part of the frame to get it to wake. Sometimes I have to swipe it several times and if that fails I just hit the power button, which always works. I have only had my PB for a week and a half, so I am afraid I might have a faulty unit. Any suggestions?
    12-24-11 04:55 PM
    When I put my PB in standby mode it is extremely difficult to swipe from the top part of the frame to get it to wake. Sometimes I have to swipe it several times and if that fails I just hit the power button, which always works. I have only had my PB for a week and a half, so I am afraid I might have a faulty unit. Any suggestions?
    It may be the speed with which you move your finger from on the bezel into the screen. I would suggest taking your Playbook to a store where they are on display and comparing its behavior to that of the display unit.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-24-11 04:58 PM
    Do the other frame gestures work on your tablet? If not, you may have a hardware defect. If they do, are you correctly doing the gesture (it is easier and more effective to do it from the top to bottom when held horizontally). Also, have you tried restarting the PlayBook?
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-24-11 05:18 PM
    Do the other frame gestures work on your tablet? If not, you may have a hardware defect. If they do, are you correctly doing the gesture (it is easier and more effective to do it from the top to bottom when held horizontally). Also, have you tried restarting the PlayBook?
    All the gestures work it's just the swipe to get it to wake up. I've tried to swipe fast slow and in between, I also noticed that you have to hold the PB just so to get the orientation to work. To be completely fair I suspect this is how the PB operates which I don't have a problem with, it's just that trying to get this thing to wake is turning into a pain in the a$$.
    12-24-11 05:28 PM
    Your swiping from top to bottom or bottom to top correct?
    Edit: From bezel to bezel
    Last edited by Chaddface; 12-24-11 at 06:29 PM.
    cafemag likes this.
    12-24-11 06:09 PM
    Your swiping from top to bottom or bottom to top correct?
    Edit: From bezel to bezel
    Thanks Chaddface! I was swiping from the top of the bezel, but I wasn't swiping all the way to the bottom from the top.
    12-24-11 07:06 PM
    By the way, you can also swipe left/right or right/left but have to hit both bezels, also.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-24-11 07:11 PM
    Glad I could help. Enjoy the holiday.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-24-11 07:14 PM
    Bezel to bezel !!!

I was having the same problem. Merry Xmas!!
    12-25-11 08:37 AM
    If i understand what you are saying, you are swiping downwards, I swipe from side to side, left to right........Try that..
    12-25-11 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD