I say go for it. I did, and am happy w/ my purchase albeit a 32gb version.

If I was in CONUS, would have gotten the 64b as well.

PBs are just way too expensive here locally.
    02-13-12 08:13 AM
    Concerning BB phone with the PB, my 9650 Bold since getting the PB is only used for calls now. To my wife asking everytime we leave the house, 'why are you taking that with you?' With owning a BB phone and able to bridge, I use the PB all the time and love how its compact enough to go everywhere with me and pretty much do everything I need. But don't take my advice, keep reading in Crackberry. I personally don't think you can go wrong with the PB, BB cell phone one two punch.
    02-13-12 08:35 AM
    I'm an android user, I've had the PB since saturday and if feels like I'm finding out more about what it cant do rather than what it can. I've just discovered it wont recognise an external usb stick/drive. Maybe I should have done more research but being an android user maybe you just take these basic things for granted.
    It will if you root it & configure the mod. We're hoping that OS 2.0 will support it natively...
    wayneh71 likes this.
    02-13-12 08:40 AM
    It will if you root it & configure the mod. We're hoping that OS 2.0 will support it natively...
    Thanks, I hope so!
    02-13-12 08:49 AM
    OK. My new PB arrived today. I really like it. Build quality is better than anything tried and the screen is beautiful and responsive. I bought it refurbished from BB for $220. Came in a plain box with everything but the manuals but I don't think I will need them. It also came with a BB Neoprene case which I am not sure if it comes with anyway. The PB looks brand new so I am completely satisfied.

Thanks everyone for your input and advice. I think I will now invest in a nice case and either the BB quick charger or the dock with the quick charger. Not sure which I will like better.
    02-14-12 12:36 PM
    OK. My new PB arrived today. I really like it...
    Congrats. Welcome aboard and enjoy. FYI-the slip case does come new PB units.
    02-14-12 08:39 PM
    If you haven't bought one...I'd stay away. RIM doesn't take care of its customers and doesn't support its products -- for example, the playbook has been out for almost a year, and it still has no email. RIM promised email on playbooks within 60 days of launch. It's too bad I have bbm nostalgia from a time when RIM actually took care of its customers and fell for RIM's lies and bought one. I now have a paperweight.
    02-15-12 11:40 PM
    If you haven't bought one...I'd stay away. RIM doesn't take care of its customers and doesn't support its products -- for example, the playbook has been out for almost a year, and it still has no email. RIM promised email on playbooks within 60 days of launch. It's too bad I have bbm nostalgia from a time when RIM actually took care of its customers and fell for RIM's lies and bought one. I now have a paperweight.
    Troll alert

Sent from space
    02-15-12 11:42 PM
    call me a troll, but I'm just another frustrated PB owner. I was promised an email app within 60 days of launch when I bought PB....look now. There are rumors of a new PB, and we still don't have an email client. I don't want to go to the iProducts, but it looks like they are the only company that knows how to do it right. I'll be the first to agree that its a closed platform, and that apples tells its customers what the customers want, but at least their product works as promised.

It really is a shame because I think this QNX OS is legit. Finally what we bb fans have been waiting for. It's just sad that it lacks the necessities of a mobile device. How awesome would it have been if RIM released a fully functional Playbook 1 today? It is kind of what we are still waiting for.
    02-16-12 12:43 AM
    Congrats to the OP. You researched and bought a product informed and with your eyes open. ALL tablets have their flaws and drawbacks, so ignore the bashers and use your own judgment based on what your needs and desires are, not someone else's. Enjoy!
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 02-16-12 at 01:25 AM.
    02-16-12 01:21 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD