I recently installed the NEUTRON MP app. First of all I'd like to say I really like although the UI is a little confusing at times.
    While it is playing my red power led gives off extremely short bright strobe like flashes. they are intermitent - about 2-3 per min. Any idea what that's about?
    05-04-13 08:32 AM
    You hit the clip! Lol just Google Amplifier clip for more information

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-05-13 11:51 AM
    I recently installed the NEUTRON MP app. First of all I'd like to say I really like although the UI is a little confusing at times.
    While it is playing my red power led gives off extremely short bright strobe like flashes. they are intermitent - about 2-3 per min. Any idea what that's about?
    What is happening is that Neutron has a setting to "limit" the power to the internal speakers on the "low end" of the audio spectrum, thus kind of protecting your internal speakers. There is a setting/switch for this in the Tools menu. This setting is for going between your full house audio system, and your playbook internal audio speakers. It takes a bit of getting used to, but The Neutron Player is the best one out there. The vendor is very responsive to issues and issues updates when needed. 4.5 stars......

C
    Last edited by Carl Estes; 05-06-13 at 09:12 AM. Reason: forgot switch
    05-06-13 09:12 AM
    Thanks for the explanation. I also think its great-but I'd pay for a manual. I can't get the HDMI out to my AV receiver. As soon as i plug in the HDMI cable Neutron player shuts down.
    05-07-13 07:28 AM
    Thanks for the explanation. I also think its great-but I'd pay for a manual. I can't get the HDMI out to my AV receiver. As soon as i plug in the HDMI cable Neutron player shuts down.
    Yes, it does take a bit of "poking/prodding" to get the feel of it, but once you do, it's GREAT!

You might try to plug in you PB into your Receivers hdmi port, then try the demo vid, make sure that comes through on your TV and audio. If that all good, the while it's still connected, try starting Neutron. That will tell you if its the app. I will try this when I get home to see if I get the same results. I pump my music into my av system through the BB Music Gateway (blueteefs). If I'm running video, I run through the hdmi to tv, and tap audio off tv to av system.

I'll get back to you tomorrow......

C
    Last edited by Carl Estes; 05-07-13 at 09:11 AM. Reason: misspeling
    05-07-13 09:10 AM
    OK, I tried running Neutron through hdmi on my tv. First, all was normal when plugging in, played a few vids, all was good. Browser running, a couple of other apps running. Plugged in and out all was good. Nothing "Abby Normal".

HOWEVER, like you stated, there is and issue with Neutron, not your PB. On mine, when plugged in, it would open and run normally, but it does not like being plugged in or out when running. My neutron didn't shut down like you saw, mine would just lock up. I would have to restart Neutron and all was good.

So, it's not your Playbook, cable or tv. It's a bug in the Nuetron Player. Ping the developer an email with bug report and I'm sure he will look into it and update his app. He is very responsive to bug reports.

hope this helps.

C
    05-08-13 08:33 AM