I bought a PB64 used about 2-3 months ago for $400 after much deliberation. love having it and think its both a great tool for me and still has a lot of untapped potential. for me, it is a bit lacking in my business application and i knew that getting into it. my main reason for getting it was for pleasure- movies, browsing, games, music etc. so far its done most of that to my expectations ( would like a better way to sync my itunes podcasts but thats a different issue).

my main point for this thread is to watch movies, TV, and ufc fights. now i know you can upload movies onto a comp and then drag/drop them into my playbook. - too tedious to do on my old macbook imo. even when ive been pirating media. so my other option is to stream stuff. ufc from what i understand can stream content & live fights via UFC.tv but i havent had much luck even after signing up and paying for it. anyone have any success with this? PS im in Canada.

also let me set the scene up a bit. i was laying in bed with one of my lady-friends and wanted to watch a charlie brown christmas online. did some google searches and ended up finding a flash site of it but when i started to watch it, it was constantly interrupted by loading. she tried to pull it up on her ipad2 and we remembered that it was flash so that was a no go. our bubble was popped.

now, im no stranger to pirate sites like tv-links.co.uk but since thats gone ive had to search for find a new streaming site which i have via these forums (Watch movies online for free movie download at movie2k.to) but ive ran into the same problem- load times ruin the movie experience. this will happen both in bridge mode or if im set up to my high speed wifi. so what i am asking for is some insight/troubleshooting/resolution to my problems. like i said i live in calgary canada, and really want to utilize my PB to run media like this so any info would help!
    jjca likes this.
    12-06-11 09:48 PM
    Absolutely know where you are coming from, try this on this very forum:
    BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com > Stuff for your BlackBerry Smartphone! > Movies / Videos
    Mp4 Movies......Will Update As Time Provides
    Ether2105 is the original poster and you will not be disappointed, good luck
    CopperTec and flyer2308 like this.
    12-06-11 09:57 PM
    Do a search on Playon.tv. You can set up your home PC to stream movies and TV from many sources including NetFlix HULU, ESPN, etc to your PlayBook, anywhere you can get a good wireless connection. Free to try it out.
    CopperTec likes this.
    12-06-11 11:02 PM
    thanks for the replies. ill have to check them in the morning and see what i can do. ive chosen not to have cable but i dont mind having the odd series to watch while im at work, working out, on the go and i want my pb to fill the gap. also the fact that im maxed out with 64gb with no expandable memory means i cant put a whole movie collection on this so i think streaming is the way to go. anyone with more suggestions feel free to let me know please/thx!
    12-07-11 04:10 AM
    Do a search on Playon.tv. You can set up your home PC to stream movies and TV from many sources including NetFlix HULU, ESPN, etc to your PlayBook, anywhere you can get a good wireless connection. Free to try it out.
    that works but my only problem is that i have a laptop and i have to re start it to keep the bridging up an running.....
    12-07-11 05:14 AM
    bump
    12-08-11 03:57 AM
    This has been a wild goose chase for me. No site works. No worries, does not work on the PC nor on the iPad.
    12-08-11 04:33 AM
    why don't you just stream from Netflix, Hulu and Network sites with full episodes with your laptop or YouTube with the PB. Those are the sources for streaming and to not use them because one of your devices with a tiny 7 inch screen doesn't support them is silly. Especially if you can't afford cable. I mean my Galaxy Note PHONE is almost as big as the PB but I wouldn't watch movies on it!
    12-08-11 07:16 AM
    the point is to watch stuff on the go; at work, before class, @ the gym, at friends' house or bed. ive got zune on my xbox live which i would rather get it for free, knowing that i can, and when i had netflix on xbox live, i found the concept great, but the selection was mostly ****e. ive watched **** off of my laptop for years and i much rather be able to do so on my pb, otherwise im at home watching on my 60". I choose not to buy cable, not that i cant afford it( hard for alot of people to grasp)
    jadenmiko likes this.
    12-08-11 05:17 PM
    the point is to watch stuff on the go; at work, before class, @ the gym, at friends' house or bed. ive got zune on my xbox live which i would rather get it for free, knowing that i can, and when i had netflix on xbox live, i found the concept great, but the selection was mostly ****e. ive watched **** off of my laptop for years and i much rather be able to do so on my pb, otherwise im at home watching on my 60". I choose not to buy cable, not that i cant afford it( hard for alot of people to grasp)
    I choose not to waste 60 bucks a month for cable too. My kids were watching 2 channels and I've only had my 55" hooked up to cable once for the olympics. I dl'd every episode of the series my kids liked plus 10x that in kids shows my wife and I liked. They pick them from network shares and are better setup than they ever were on cable with no brain damaging commercials... To each their own...

I want to be able to stream through the hdmi as well. I'm Canadian and setup a VPN to get around region restrictions but still cannot easily find content for streaming to the PB.

Far quicker for me to just grab it off Usenet and drag over wifi to PB. Menu's and a ready made selection woul be nice though.
    12-08-11 05:38 PM
    12-08-11 05:58 PM
    I bought a PB64 used about 2-3 months ago for $400 after much deliberation. love having it and think its both a great tool for me and still has a lot of untapped potential. for me, it is a bit lacking in my business application and i knew that getting into it. my main reason for getting it was for pleasure- movies, browsing, games, music etc. so far its done most of that to my expectations ( would like a better way to sync my itunes podcasts but thats a different issue).

my main point for this thread is to watch movies, TV, and ufc fights. now i know you can upload movies onto a comp and then drag/drop them into my playbook. - too tedious to do on my old macbook imo. even when ive been pirating media. so my other option is to stream stuff. ufc from what i understand can stream content & live fights via UFC.tv but i havent had much luck even after signing up and paying for it. anyone have any success with this? PS im in Canada.

also let me set the scene up a bit. i was laying in bed with one of my lady-friends and wanted to watch a charlie brown christmas online. did some google searches and ended up finding a flash site of it but when i started to watch it, it was constantly interrupted by loading. she tried to pull it up on her ipad2 and we remembered that it was flash so that was a no go. our bubble was popped.

now, im no stranger to pirate sites like tv-links.co.uk but since thats gone ive had to search for find a new streaming site which i have via these forums (Watch movies online for free movie download at movie2k.to) but ive ran into the same problem- load times ruin the movie experience. this will happen both in bridge mode or if im set up to my high speed wifi. so what i am asking for is some insight/troubleshooting/resolution to my problems. like i said i live in calgary canada, and really want to utilize my PB to run media like this so any info would help!
    this is the greatest site.... thanks for sharing....http://www.movie2k.to
    12-30-11 08:48 PM
    just as an update, visited some friends out in victoria and they showed me 1channel.ch for movies and tv shows. works hella good on my laptop, and its hit and miss with my PB. im beginning to think the pb is more the problem than getting most sites to work. im even having loading issues with youtube now :S
    01-13-12 09:13 PM
    use tversity on your PC .. will stream to any media player in the house even a ps3..

Then in appworld search tversity and for 2 bucks it works great ..
    01-13-12 09:18 PM
    use tversity on your PC .. will stream to any media player in the house even a ps3..

Then in appworld search tversity and for 2 bucks it works great ..
    sounds like a good solution in the home space, but the key point was to do it on the go?
    Desconocido and jfelen like this.
    01-13-12 09:23 PM
    am i just asking too much out of my PB? lol
    01-13-12 09:23 PM
    Crackle works with the playbook comedians in cars getting coffee, is a good show. Just www.crackle and away you go.
    07-20-13 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD