I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I like watching youtube stuff etc on my Playbook connected to my big screen TV via HDMI. To try and save on battery consumption, is it possible to completely dim the screen on the Playbook without it affecting the output on the TV?
    09-26-13 05:49 AM
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I like watching youtube stuff etc on my Playbook connected to my big screen TV via HDMI. To try and save on battery consumption, is it possible to completely dim the screen on the Playbook without it affecting the output on the TV?
    Well, yes you can. But what you should/can do, is while you have the HDMI cable plaugged in, plug in the charger cable at the same time. No power worries. Also, you can control your Playbook with a BB Phone, so you don't have to get up off the couch...............

c
    09-26-13 08:35 AM
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, that's another option and the Bridge functionality is a great bonus!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-26-13 09:00 AM
    bridge friggin' rules,,, for bb to bail on it is just too stupid for me to comprehend...
    09-26-13 09:37 PM
    bridge friggin' rules,,, for bb to bail on it is just too stupid for me to comprehend...
    You are not alone in that thought!

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes, SEAWARRIOR and FF22 like this.
    09-27-13 04:24 AM
    You can still "remote control" the PB with a BB10 phone, no?

I don't think there is a way to turn the screen off while streaming in the browser. When watching a video in the stock video player you can enter presentation mode which will allow you to do others things on the PB while the video continues to play. The screen will time out in presentation mode.
    sk8er_tor and Carl Estes like this.
    09-27-13 08:53 AM
    You can still "remote control" the PB with a BB10 phone, no?

I don't think there is a way to turn the screen off while streaming in the browser. When watching a video in the stock video player you can enter presentation mode which will allow you to do others things on the PB while the video continues to play. The screen will time out in presentation mode.
    I believe the remote control function is still intact w/BB10, It's the messaging bits that be broken!

c
    09-27-13 11:01 AM
    Well, yes you can. But what you should/can do, is while you have the HDMI cable plaugged in, plug in the charger cable at the same time. No power worries. Also, you can control your Playbook with a BB Phone, so you don't have to get up off the couch...............
    c
    Yep, I just leave it plugged into its charger, easy peasy
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-28-13 09:16 AM
    Yep, I just leave it plugged into its charger, easy peasy
    Too bad they didn't set up the Charging Dock also include the HDMI connection. But there would have been mech. Issues and there would have been huge reliability issues.

I just made a cradle from a plastic picture stand and both cables clear and no strain on the cables. All be good.

C
    Last edited by Carl Estes; 09-28-13 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Spellin'
    castoridae likes this.
    09-28-13 02:33 PM
    Too bad they didn't set up the Charging Dock also include the HDMI connection. But there would have been mech. Issues and there would have been huge reliability issues.

I just made a cradle from a plastic picture stand and both cables clear and no strain on the cables. All be good.
    C
    Can you upload a picture of this setup please?
    I currently have the hdmi plug running from the TV to my playbook, and the BlackBerry super charger plugged into an extension cord at one end and the other end to the playbook.
    Your new setup sounds good, but I need a visual to understand it.
    09-29-13 10:38 AM
    I currently have the hdmi plug running from the TV to my playbook, and the BlackBerry super charger plugged into an extension cord at one end and the other end to the playbook.
    Do you need the instructions as well?

Attachment 206196

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 10:56 AM
    ^^Is that a puzzle or what?

Posted via Z10
    Carl Estes and sad_old_man like this.
    09-29-13 11:30 AM
    Posted via CB10
    SOM, you are such a bad man! You hijack every thread!
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    09-29-13 12:09 PM
    SOM, you are such a bad man! You hijack every thread!
    I likes you though and only trying to be helpful? Oh by the way I'm a magical leprechaun as well.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-29-13 12:19 PM
    I likes you though and only trying to be helpful? Oh by the way I'm a magical leprechaun as well.
    SOM, this is you -- batty !!
    Streaming video on Playbook via HDMI-batty-som.jpg
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    09-29-13 01:20 PM
    SOM, this is you -- batty !!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	batty SOM.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	206228
    50 points for that beaver!
    castoridae and Carl Estes like this.
    09-29-13 03:20 PM
    Yeah, I can do that, will try to 'member after I get home from work...

c
    castoridae likes this.
    09-30-13 09:02 AM

Attachment 206196

Posted via CB10
    Where did you get an image of my prototype??????? I was working on the in the secrecy of my basement (cellar to you.....)
    My right has been infringed upon, once upon a time.......
    c
    castoridae likes this.
    09-30-13 09:04 AM
    Where did you get an image of my prototype??????? I was working on the in the secrecy of my basement (cellar to you.....)
    My right has been infringed upon, once upon a time.......
    c
    The above introduces you to our own very Sad_old_man, if you don't know him already. He says he's on a cruise 'somewhere' but I think he's on the run from the men in white coats
    Carl Estes and FF22 like this.
    09-30-13 09:50 AM
    The above introduces you to our own very Sad_old_man, if you don't know him already. He says he's on a cruise 'somewhere' but I think he's on the run from the men in white coats
    Been dealing with the Gnome, er Leprechaun for awhile now, even a couple of bans.....
    Will work on getting you an idea of how I have my media PB set up for you in the next day...

c
    c
    09-30-13 10:05 AM
    Been dealing with the Gnome, er Leprechaun for awhile now, even a couple of bans.....
    Will work on getting you an idea of how I have my media PB set up for you in the next day...

c
    c
    Forgot to image my frame stand, but here is one that shows the set up.
    Mission Style Wood Picture Frame Easel Display Stand | eBay

You just have to make sure it holds the PB up at least 1.75 inches above the table top to clear the connectors. I just went into a frame shop with my PB and picked one that lifted it up enough, but I went with clear lexan as to not be so obtrusive visually (wifey decree).

Let me know if this helps. Will get actual image this day after work.

c
    10-01-13 09:32 AM
    Forgot to image my frame stand, but here is one that shows the set up.
    Mission Style Wood Picture Frame Easel Display Stand | eBay

You just have to make sure it holds the PB up at least 1.75 inches above the table top to clear the connectors. I just went into a frame shop with my PB and picked one that lifted it up enough, but I went with clear lexan as to not be so obtrusive visually (wifey decree).

Let me know if this helps. Will get actual image this day after work.

c
    Told u u was clever lizard. Not clever enough to know your extinct but you'll do fir me. Now where's that pesky beaver got to?

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-01-13 10:24 AM
    Told u u was clever lizard. Not clever enough to know your extinct but you'll do fir me. Now where's that pesky beaver got to?

Posted via CB10
    Now that you mention it, both The Baby and Cmdr Dan be in absentia. Maybe the Cmdr is helping The Baby with his "Rash"?????

c
    10-01-13 10:34 AM
    Now that you mention it, both The Baby and Cmdr Dan be in absentia. Maybe the Cmdr is helping The Baby with his "Rash"?????

c
    Do you want me to go look outside?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 10:43 AM
    Do you want me to go look outside?

Posted via CB10
    Uh, yeah, you go look at it.......
    Last time I "saw" the issue it was bad, now, I don't want to know.....maybe even amputated.....
    c
    10-01-13 12:14 PM
42 12