So, I wanted to watch Canada play in the U-17 World Cup last week - and it was only available to stream on CBC's website. I tried using the PS3 as it is already hooked up to the TV, but it only streams from some sites - and it did not like CBC. If I wanted to hook my laptop up to my TV, I would have to get a mini-displayport to HDMI adaptor - and then run a separate optical audio cable to my receiver(2009 mini-displayport did not send audio).... What a pain.

I think you know where this is going - Playbook to the rescue! On a whim I tried the CBC stream on the playBook and it worked flawlessly. One cable to the TV and I was good to go. I was VERY impressed. I never would have guessed that the PlayBook would be able to stream live web content so seamlessly. Count me Impressed!
    06-27-11 06:16 PM
    Excellent. Streaming, especially for hockey, was a huge reason for me getting the PB.
    06-27-11 06:31 PM
    Guess they fixed it since all games throughout the playoffs wouldnt work streaming on CBC. I assume the latest flash upgrade finally fixed the issue with the Playbook
    06-27-11 08:44 PM
    Streaming to the PB with HD output to 50inch HD screen is amazing...
    06-27-11 08:57 PM
    Guess they fixed it since all games throughout the playoffs wouldnt work streaming on CBC. I assume the latest flash upgrade finally fixed the issue with the Playbook
    The are sites besides CBC where you can watch games. But, yes, the latest update did fix issues with some mainstream news sites like CBC and CNN.
    06-27-11 08:59 PM
    i haven't tried hooking up my playbook to my tv and tried streaming as of yet...but after reading this post it's definitely on my to do list...
    06-27-11 09:41 PM
    I recently went out to buy a bluetooth speaker for my PlayBook, and an HDMI wire for my laptops to hook them to the television. I unfortunately have a poor internet connection through Bell, but it's the best they say they can offer me in my area. At any rate, being a bit of a tech junkie, I bought an HDMI wire for my PlayBook too, immediately regretting the purchase, having no idea what I would possibly use it for.

Using one of the laptops, I stream something onto my television once in a while, and have gotten used to sites not working properly, frustrating buffer times, pauses in whatever I'm watching. Finally, I hit an impasse. For some reason, all of a sudden, my laptops stopped being able to stream from a particular site that they've never had much problem with.

I hook up my PlayBook, check the site, find what I want to stream, et voila! I'm amazed at the picture quality, for some reason I thought the size of the PlayBook screen would affect what was appearing on my television, despite the fact that the same information was flowing through my PlayBook as what would have been flowing through my laptop.

More to my amazement, for the first time, no pauses, no buffer times, just smooth unbroken streaming.

What about the PlayBook allows it to stream better than my laptop? Why do I have a laptop?
    08-17-12 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD