Sorry if this has been asked before, but....
    Still love my PB, just bought a new 64GB model for very cheap simply to use as an ipod type music holder/player. I also have an old Curve 9330 phone sitting doing nothing in a drawer. My question is is there a way to connect the two via BT, stream music from the playbook to the phone and hook the phone up to my stereo system. I can keep the Playbook in the desk cradle/charger right by my computer while I work, control it and have it feed to my receiver across the room, or out in the back yard etc.... Basically can a used, junked BT phone be used as a Music Gateway device.

Thanks for any info.
    Matt
    08-01-13 11:58 AM
    Not sure about going PB to Phone to Stereo - if you get/have the Music Gateway or the BB BT Speaker (awesome sound) you can bypass using the phone though, that's what I do! Hook up the gateway or the speaker directly to your stereo and you're laughing. That's my primary PB use actually - sitting on the back deck with PB on the table, controlling the house stereo. Neighbours love it. . . . lol
    08-01-13 12:48 PM
    I believe KDB is correct. I doubt it will work in the "relay" manner. I, too, have the BB Music Gateway hooked to my receiver. I can play music and it also works when I watch videos using Kalemsoft. I get better sound otherwise the hdmi seems to avoid my receiver.
    08-01-13 02:53 PM
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but....
    Still love my PB, just bought a new 64GB model for very cheap simply to use as an ipod type music holder/player. I also have an old Curve 9330 phone sitting doing nothing in a drawer. My question is is there a way to connect the two via BT, stream music from the playbook to the phone and hook the phone up to my stereo system. I can keep the Playbook in the desk cradle/charger right by my computer while I work, control it and have it feed to my receiver across the room, or out in the back yard etc.... Basically can a used, junked BT phone be used as a Music Gateway device.

Thanks for any info.
    Matt
    I got a small bt adapter off ebay, less than 10 and it fits into the usb on my pc. It connects straight into my pb and with the pc connected to the home sound system (easier than mobile and better quality sound) it does exactly what your looking for in both directions. Control pc from pb or pb from pc.
    08-01-13 03:17 PM