Is this possible? I have lots of songs on my playbook which I want to listen via my blackberry when I am in the bus or something. Or, if there is any other third party app then please let me know thanks!
    01-30-12 05:01 PM
    Currently there's no way to do this. However, unlike video streaming Bluetooth does have enough bandwidth for this. It may be possible in the future. I should note though, why not just play it on your phone? If you're concerned about battery you should know streaming over Bluetooth will consume more of your phones battery than just playing it on the phone.
    01-30-12 05:16 PM
    Try BlueBox, the DropBox App for BlackBerry PlayBook and BB Phones.

Put all your music into 1 folder on your computer, download everything to both devices and there you go.

If you remove files from your DropBox Folder, they will also dissapear on your devices and vice versa. Downloading can be a pain when you don't have a very good internet connection, but I didn't find it to be a hassle as i can just download them and do something else on my PB (when in showcase mode).
    01-30-12 05:32 PM
    Currently there's no way to do this. However, unlike video streaming Bluetooth does have enough bandwidth for this. It may be possible in the future. I should note though, why not just play it on your phone? If you're concerned about battery you should know streaming over Bluetooth will consume more of your phones battery than just playing it on the phone.
    The only reason I am doing this is because I have 64GB on playbook but only 8GB on the phone. I don't have any micro sd which can hold my 50GBs of music Lets see if something comes out in future.
    01-30-12 05:34 PM
    Whoops, I read your original post wrong. I thought streaming from phone to PB, which gets asked here all the time. The answer is the same though, not yet but theoretically possible. You can get 16GB Micro SD cards for fairly cheap now though, I'd consider upgrading.
    01-30-12 06:12 PM
    I can stream from phone to PB via Docs to go(?). Do it all the time.
    collapsed likes this.
    01-30-12 07:40 PM
    3G bluetooth is not really fast enough to stream music without a lot of buffering. Why not just plug your headphones into your PB?
    01-30-12 09:19 PM
    Can you stream from PlayBook To phone through docs to go?
    01-31-12 12:23 AM
    I know it stinks

i cannot even transfer files to and from my playbook via bluetooth.

apparently the new OS and the new playbook are supposed to have A2DP support which will allow this !!!
    01-31-12 12:27 AM
    i want to play videos from my phone to playbook!!! COMMON RIM!
    01-31-12 12:48 AM
    i did see a video saying that you can stream video and music on 2.0
    01-31-12 01:13 AM
    Can you stream from PlayBook To phone through docs to go?
    Have not been able to strean that direction. Sorry. Hopefully with official ubdate we'll have better capability for cross communication.
    01-31-12 06:53 AM
    That's not something RIM can change. Bluetooth just doesn't have the bandwidth to reliably play anything but the lowest resolution video.
    01-31-12 01:11 PM
    I have a bunch of episodes of The Office on my phone and they play just fine on the PB. It's not high definition but the quality is fine for casual watching. Accessed through the docs to go app because I can't find my bridge files icon. I'm using OS2.
    02-01-12 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD