New to playbook and crackberry (1 week). i like it so far. i usually stream music from iphone to apple tv, but with PB 64GB storage i have more space so wondered if there is any way to use airplay with the PB? i have read about sideloading android airplay apps but i havent got an android device (and therefore no android apps).
    any help appreciated.
    09-08-12 09:35 AM
    Welcome to the forums.

No need for an android device. Just browse for the converted app and sideload it to your PlayBook.
    craig978 likes this.
    09-08-12 09:42 AM
    New to playbook and crackberry (1 week). i like it so far. i usually stream music from iphone to apple tv, but with PB 64GB storage i have more space so wondered if there is any way to use airplay with the PB? i have read about sideloading android airplay apps but i havent got an android device (and therefore no android apps).
    any help appreciated.
    I'm not familiar with any Android apps that support the Apple TV (Not to say there isn't any). The PlayBook in of itself cannot stream content with the Apple TV. I'm curious to see what others say.
    craig978 likes this.
    09-08-12 09:44 AM
    Thanks both. I think I've read apps such as imediashare and honey player will work with airplay, so ill look for the ".bar" version of those for a start.
    09-08-12 10:12 AM
    I notice "image airplay" in app world but not sure if it supports audio.
    09-08-12 10:51 AM
    No I don't think image airplay works with anything other than images. I have found some android apps that support airplay but not in the ".bar" format. I guess that unless I find them I am stuck or is there a way to convert an apk to a bar and then sideload?
    09-09-12 10:59 AM
    You can try searching this site for the app. They've converted a lot of Android apps.
    Blackberry Playbook Android Apps | Good e-Reader Android App Market and Store - Playbook App Market and Store

If it doesn't have the app there, you can try to request one in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...aybook-702858/
    09-09-12 11:21 AM
    Did you find an android "airplay" app that works on the playbook?
    10-12-12 01:26 PM
    PlayBook .apk to .bar converter

Easy way to convert apk to bar
    10-12-12 02:19 PM
    Thanks - I am familiar with that site. Was hoping someone could point me in the direction of an app that they had success with before I start experimenting myself. From my recent searches, I suspect that this is not currently possible, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.
    10-12-12 02:50 PM
    Hooking your pb to an apple tv is a no-no.lol
    10-12-12 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD