Does anyone here have a Blackberry Playbook and use it to stream an excellent online radio station called Radio Paradise? Can some Playbook owners try it? They also have RPHD via
    Radio Paradise HD which displays an ever-changing collection of listener submitted HD photos to go along with the music. Looks really great on the Playbook.

When I first got my Playbook and navigated my browser to the link it worked excellently. I currently get the HD pictures in real time as they change & display but recently ...and mysteriously, now have no sound (music). The picture quality is outstanding on the Playbook screen. When I did have sound, it too was excellent through the Playbooks stereo speakers. I have checked all the obvious things such as manual volume min. / max. & mute as well as the other sound settings. All are fine and other apps and programs are fine through the speakers. Luckily I can listen to RP via the web on TuneIn.com

Anyway, wondering if there are any fellow RP listeners in the forums who have a Playbook and are using RPHD successfully? I really have no idea why it stopped giving sound and this is very frustrating.

Another really annoying thing is this: When I try and navigate to the front / Home page of Radio Paradise Radio Paradise - commercial free Internet radio - modern & classic rock, electronica, world music & more - picked & mixed by real humans. or any others within RP website like the Forum, NO MATTER What, the browser only loads the RP HD page. This happens even when I try and get to the Home Page via Google, Bing or any other search or directly from the address bar. There is no sound / music heard but there is a real nice picture on the tablets nice display. It's really weird. I do intend to call RIM customer support. I had decent support when I called for a different reason. I will be happy to share whatever I learn from them then.

So, I am hoping that some people on this forum can try the links on your own Playbooks and report what happens. I asked about this on the stations forum. One guess is that RIM has disabled Flash MP3 Stream capability on an earlier update.

thanks in advance!
    06-23-11 03:24 PM
    It doesn't have anything to do with RIM. Browsing issues with regards to specific sites are under the pervue of the resident webmaster(s)
    If your browser refused to play ANY sound at any site, then I would urge you to contact RIM.

I tested the site and can confirm that I do not get any sound. Though I am still getting sound at other sites....so not sure what it means.

Good Luck
    cgrinned likes this.
    06-23-11 03:39 PM
    Great slideshow... No audio.
    cgrinned likes this.
    06-23-11 03:47 PM
    When did you get your pb? Did you upgrade to the new os before or after this site stopped working fully? I wonder if the newest OS broke this site as it has other sites.
    cgrinned likes this.
    06-23-11 04:50 PM
    Pre-ordered and picked it up at Staples the day of release. The problem seems to have developed after an earlier Playbook OS update which would have been over a month ago now. So has this happened with other sites?

And I still don't get why I cannot even get to the main home page of the Radio Paradise web page. It ALWAYS loads the flash stream page of cool changing slideshow (but no sound)!
    06-24-11 09:52 AM
    works pretty good for me. I'm not sure why it insits on going to the hd home page but if you click on the RP logo at the top right it goes to their main page. Try clicking restart audio once you get there.

RP is excellent sound. Much recommended.
    cgrinned likes this.
    08-14-11 06:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD